INTERCHANGE (from)
    14 - Matthew White
    15 - Luke Bailey
    16 - Mark Minichiello
    17 - Paul Carter
    18 - Ryan James
    19 - Brad Takairangi
    20 - Ben Ridge
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 04-03-14 at 04:03 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NRL 9s did the trick, got me primed for Round 1 and made me patient enough to make all the Round 1 game threads.

Time for some revenge in Round 1 vs the Sharks.

Reckon Todd Carney may be out still?

Thank god we aren't playing at 2pm in the QLD heat. That's Round 2.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

im in sydney that weekend, shame this is a monday night game.

would have been able to make it if it was a sunday game.

give Buzz rothfield a uppercut for everyone on the forum

Carney will be ready to go round 1, Hopefully Zillman isnt though.

Robson is out
    Any ideas on their halves i think carney will be back though

In today's paper it said that Luke Lewis, Anthony Tupou and Heighnington would be out. Lewis is a huge loss for them.

Wade Graham at 6? and Carney to play 7 until RObson is back?

i cant recall who the backup is. Townsend left... who else is there?

Maybe Daniel Holdsworth?

Cronulla officials are sweating on star playmaker Todd Carney overcoming a hamstring injury for round one after halfback Jeff Robson was ruled out with multiple facial fractures suffered in Saturday night's 28-22 trial loss to Wests Tigers at Remondis Stadium.

Robson, who was taken from the field after 25 minutes, stayed in hospital on Saturday night for treatment to cheekbone and jaw injuries and will miss the club's opening premiership match against Gold Coast on March 10.

With Carney suffering a hamstring tear at the inaugural NRL Nines tournament in Auckland the previous weekend and Chad Townsend having joined the Warriors in the off-season, the Sharks halves stocks are low.

Advertisement Former Bulldogs and Dragons five-eighth Daniel Holdsworth has joined the club and will play against the Titans but unless Carney recovers their options to partner him at the scrumbase appear limited to either back-rower Wade Graham or bench utility John Morris.

Should Graham be shifted to the halves, it would affect an already weakened back row as Luke Lewis (shoulder) and Anthony Tupou (knee) are already sidelined for the start of the premiership after undergoing reconstructions and Chris Heighington (calf) is in doubt.

The selection of Morris in the halves would enable Sharks coach Peter Sharp to promote highly rated youngster Michael Lichaa. Cronulla captain Paul Gallen was rested from the trial after making a successful professional boxing debut on Wednesday night, while Sharp said he was confident Carney, Heighington, Beau Ryan (neck) and Bryce Gibbs (hand) would be right to play in round one.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/

If we are going to beat the sharks, these injuries are a big help.

But once again, there coach is under fire leading up to the match and will unite them against the world FFS.

They don't have a coach. Their halves are in disarray. Half the squad have a prolonged drug suspension hanging over their heads.

This is a game that we should be winning.

Titans co-captain Nate Myles cleared to play in round one against Cronulla

AFTER weeks of uncertainty following off-season groin surgery Titans co-captain Nate Myles says he will be ready to play in Round one of the NRL against Cronulla.

Myles had nagging issues with osteitis pubis, causing severe inflammation, throughout 2013 that affected his availability for matches and he had surgery in December to alleviate the condition.

The Queensland Origin star said he had gradually built up his training workload in the pre-season and although he should be ready for Round 1, he envisaged he would run out of puff early.

“I’m feeling good, I’ve amped up the training the last few weeks and the medical staff have been pretty happy with how things are going,” he said. “I think everyone’s going to be pretty even Round 1.

“Hopefully it’s going to be all right, I know it’s not going to be the best feeling running out there. I’ll be sucking in the seagulls but, you know, I’m looking forward to it.”

Myles said although he was prepared to step out on the field in March, there was plenty of talent in the forward pack and admitted his selection might not be cut and dry.

“I think the pressure’s coming more from me to be ready for the season.” he said.

“Fellas like Whitey (Matt White) and Mark Loane are coming back in and (Ryan) James is playing fantastic.

“You know the competition for our front-row is fantastic and that’s going to bring the best out in the players.”

Myles said he was happy to leave his immediate playing future up to the coaching staff.

“I’ve got to see if Carty’s (coach John Cartwright’s) lawn needs a mow,” he said.

“I’ll go and check that out and see if I can get in the starting side but that’s up to the coaches and as I said, I’ll be right I think.

“I feel really good, probably the best I could feel with this amount of time to get ready, but in saying that, we’ve been doing everything right.”

Myles said a month ago that he hoped to test his recovery in at least one pre-season match.

But he was missing from the team as the Titans played their final trial match against the Cowboys at the weekend, losing 28-12 to a side tipped by many to dominate in 2014.

Neither side was at full-strength but Myles said he was happy with the team’s performance.

“A few times there we fell away, I think the mix of having 24 players cycling on and off the field and rotating, sort of can do that,” he said.

“You can fall out of the game a bit and I think it happened but there are definitely some great signs there. I thought we were there for probably close to 60 minutes. We were playing some really good footy so there was a lot to improve on.”

Myles said the biggest concern was that the Titans did not stay competitive for the duration of the match.

“I think that all our blokes stood up and I was just disappointed we didn’t last the whole 80,” Myles said. “But I think that everyone’s positive.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

Anybody want to bet against Gallen wishboning Myles if he plays?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sharks will get better, says Sharp

Fearing the worst and hoping for the best has very much become a way of life at Cronulla.

But at least the Sharks will start the 2014 NRL season knowing they cope well with prolonged uncertainty and speculation and their expectations are high.

It's been more than a year since the 'darkest day in Australian sport' when anti-doping agency ASADA began a probe centred around the club's 2011 supplements program.

None of the 10 players interviewed by ASADA last year have learned if they have cause for concern as the investigation drags on.

However, the NRL have taken action against the club over governance issues, slapping them with a million dollar fine and suspending coach Shane Flanagan for 12 months along with the Sharks' former strength and conditioning coach Trent Elkin.

The pair are appealing the verdicts, but until the matter is resolved Peter Sharp has replaced Flanagan.

The 59-year-old former Manly and Hull FC coach is very much the reluctant stand-in and says he'd be happy to return to his role as Flanagan's No.2.

"It is what it is, and everyone at this club is just pitching in and doing their best," Sharp says.

Despite the turmoil of last year, Cronulla enjoyed their best season since 2008, finishing fifth and reaching the second week of the finals where they lost narrowly to Manly.

"We are confident we can go better this year," Sharp said.

"We have a seasoned group of players and they've had to get to used to a difficult situation.

"But we feel we are better for the experience of last year and we will start the season confident that we can improve on last season."

Sharp is confident key playmaker Todd Carney will be fit for the round one clash with the Gold Coast at Remondis Stadium after injuring his hamstring during the Auckland Nines.

Luke Lewis is the only regular starter who's unlikely to be ready to start the season as he continues his rehabilitation from reconstruction surgery after dislocating his shoulder during Australia's World Cup campaign.

The 30-year-old NSW back-rower is expected to be back in action for the round four clash with Newcastle.

Sharp also has high hopes for new recruit Blake Ayshford who became the latest of string of Wests Tigers players to make the switch to the Sutherland Shire.

The centre is reunited with former teammates Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs, Beau Ryan, John Morris and Chris Heighington and Sharp believes the 23-year-old can kick-start his career with his new club.

"He's trained very well and he probably needed a change of environment to kick along," he said.

"I thought he was outstanding in the nines and we hope he can take that into the new season."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/

[U]Cup round 1 gives NRL players final chance to star[/U]

KALIFA Faifai Loa has been given one final chance to press for selection in the Gold Coast Titans team for Round 1 after being named in the centres for Tweed Heads Seagulls in the opening round of the Intrust Super Cup this weekend.

The opening round of 2014 marks an exciting new chapter in the Intrust Super Cup with the PNG Hunters to make their debut against the Redcliffe Dolphins in Redcliffe. The Hunters have been impressive in pre-season trial matches to date and the entire competition will be on tenterhooks seeing how they perform first up away from home.

For fringes NRL players such as Faifai Loa, this weekend’s matches also act as a final opportunity to impress in the lead-up to Round 1 of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

Since arriving on the Gold Coast Faifai Loa has impressed players and coaching staff alike with his work ethic and remains in contention for a centre spot as coach John Cartwright juggles five players vying for two positions.

Siuatonga Likiliki is another endeavouring to force his way into Cartwright's 17 for Round 1, named in the centres for Burleigh Bears in their clash with Central Queensland Capras at Pizzey Park on Sunday.

Another player looking to impress is former Parramatta Eel Matt Keating, brother of the Bulldogs’ Kris Keating, who will line up in his preferred role at hooker for the Burleigh Bears.

Keating will be hoping to find himself on Titans’ coach John Cartwright’s radar after being told he was not wanted at the Eels for season 2014 by then coach Ricky Stuart and could be the beneficiary of an injury crisis in the Titans' hooking ranks.

Source: http://www.qrl.com.au

No Keating. Just no.