Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It will be a loss for Souths but not for Rugby League maybe he thinks England are a chance of winning a RU World Cup where they will never win a Rugby League one again

Or he wants to go because he's no longer the Best Rugby League player in his family
    #itaintweaktospeak

It’s official: South Sydney star Sam Burgess rugby union bound

SAM Burgess is officially leaving the NRL at the end of the season to take up a three-year deal in rugby.

The Rabbitohs forward has signed a deal with English club Bath, which will be announced within the next two hours.

Bath will pay South Sydney 500,000 pounds to buy out the remainder of Burgess’ contract.

The deal appeared in jeopardy last week when the Rugby Football Union baulked at sharing the cost of the compensation fee for Souths with Bath.

But the premiership club has decided it values Burgess’ potential in rugby it will stump up the full amount to get him on board.

Burgess is set to return to England at the completion of the NRL season and immediately begin his rugby career, with a view to playing in the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Last week NRL boss Dave Smith left the door open for Burgess to return to the NRL despite the 25-year-old making the cross-code switch.

Smith said last week he would feel “sad” if another high-profile player, like Burgess, quit the NRL but would be welcomed back should he decide to return.

The English international joined the Rabbitohs in 2010 having been persuaded by co-owner Russell Crowe to leave Bradford and try his hand in the NRL.

He was later joined by his older brother Luke and younger twin brothers Tom and George and the four along with their mother Julie, who has moved to Australia, have captured the hearts of rugby league fans.

This was clearly evident the night all four of the Burgess brothers to play in a first grade game since 1910, Julie running on the field to embrace her sons at fulltime.

It was an especially poignant moment for the Burgess brothers who lost their father Mark, who was himself a tough rugby league player in England, from motor neurone disease in 2007.

Burgess has also been a regular on the Sydney social scene and is considered one of the most eligible bachelors in Sydney.

Since arriving in Redfern, the English international has been a revelation for the side and his running and big hits have been an integral part of the Rabbitohs success over the past two seasons with the club making the preliminary finasl.‘

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Parasites like Andy Farrell should be banned from Rugby League big events.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Farrell was an under-achieving twat in league and hasn't improved his resume since leaving. Burgess and $BW departing will allow the media to focus on the football ... at least for a while. As far as being Sydney's most eligible bachelor, that may be true but he wouldn't rate in Queensland
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Knowing Souths fans, I can say they are going to be particularly displeased about this.

BURGESS RELEASED FROM FINAL TWO-YEARS OF CONTRACT
    RABBITOHS.COM.AU – FEBRUARY 17, 2014
    POSTED IN: NEWS, PLAYER MOVEMENTS, SAM BURGESS, SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have released forward Sam Burgess from the final two years of his NRL contract, finishing up his time at the Rabbitohs at the conclusion of the 2014 season.

Burgess remains contracted to the Rabbitohs for season 2014 and is set to head to England to play rugby union for Bath Rugby at the end of the year to fulfill a long-held ambition to become a dual-international, with the opportunity to play in the 2015 Rugby World Cup and English club rugby success.

The Rabbitohs recently received a request from Burgess for a release from his contract which, after long discussions, has been granted, with the Rabbitohs negotiating an undisclosed release fee.

The Rabbitohs have also negotiated a clause in the release that the Club has first and last offer on Burgess’ services should he return to Rugby League in the future.

Burgess said he has always had ambitions to become a dual-international, however his job at the Rabbitohs is not complete.

“I’m happy this has all been sorted out before the start of the season so that I can concentrate on my game and the team without any other things in the way,” Burgess said.

“An opportunity presented itself to head back home to England and to pursue a chance to represent my country in two different sports.

“With 2015 being a Rugby World Cup, it was an opportunity I had to pursue and I thank the Rabbitohs for allowing me to make this move and start the next chapter in my sporting career.

“But all of that starts next season.

“We have a great opportunity in front of us now as a group and I’ll be doing my best every week to help us win each game and hopefully improve on what we’ve been able to achieve in the past two seasons.

“My team mates, coaches, staff and the Rabbitohs Members have been a huge support to me over the past four seasons and hopefully I can repay that support in 2014.”

Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire said Burgess and the team are focussed on the Rabbitohs’ targets for 2014.

“Sam remains completely focussed on his job with the Rabbitohs this season,” Coach Maguire said.

“Sam has made a real impact on the NRL over the past four seasons and his focus is on his job here at Souths, as we’re all focussed on our goals for this year.”

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rabbit...#ixzz2tXIlyHfq
    #itaintweaktospeak

Another Money Bill Burgess :boo:
    #itaintweaktospeak

At least they got a transfer fee.