Default Travel Insurance

Does anyone know any good places to get travel insurance? I know a few forumers are travellers so maybe you could recommend me some?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Does anyone know any good places to get travel insurance? I know a few forumers are travellers so maybe you could recommend me some?
    I've always used 1Cover http://www.1cover.com.au/ because they are very simple to use and according to the breakdown, give very good cover across all the options.

I have never had to actually use them (touch wood, I go OS again in 4 weeks) but this is who I plan on using into the future and who I recommend to others.

Travel tip: always get travel insurance once you know your dates, BEFORE you book any part of the trip, just to be safe. No point waiting until a week before you go, it will cost the same, but anything can happen at any time, so it really should be the first thing smart travelers book.

I just bought travel insurance through my private health fund HCF which is underwritten by QBE.
    I paid $280 for 34 days of comprehensive cover in Africa.
    To be honest, I didn't really shop around, but the inclusions looked reasonable to me...
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I have been using World Nomads for years now without complaint. I have had to make claims every now and then (damaged baggage, medical, missed connections) without hassle.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm a bit like Ryan in that I don't research/ shop around and usually just go with whoever I buy the tickets from suggests. Have had QBE in the past, no regrets.

C-Whiz's and Titanic's recommendation's sound good.

Thanks for all your help guys, I really value your advice and experience.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER