Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysea View Post
    What's with the name calling??? I often see threads on here that could get some good discussions happening, but it just disintegrates into a slanging match. Shouldn't we be promoting discussions and differing opinions??
    Because this tosser isn't looking for good discussion, he's a piss ant little Sun's troll who's trying (and failing) very hard to disguise himself as a "sports fan". It's the same old stale crap from him... Nothing new...

Plus, I like name calling. From time to time I also enjoy throwing a few rocks and drawing penises on peoples belongings. Takes me back, makes me feel young again
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

But everything aside, at the moment the Suns are sitting on 8000 members and we are sitting on 4000. Maybe there have been a few converts?
    Finally someone who is willing to talk about it. I never claimed for sure there were a lot of converts but it's not out of the question to think that there have been some. Having said that, the Suns have always had higher membership numbers than the Titans so perhaps it's a bit deceiving. Do you think it would be fair to assume there are more Suns fans than Titans fans on the Gold Coast but conversely more NRL fans than AFL fans? Is that a fair assessment? I still think RL is number 1 on the Coast but I know the Titans are unpopular in certain sectors.

I'll say it again, I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely curious as to what my fellow GCers think. I would ask Suns fans the same question but I don't think they have their own forum.

Another AFL paid advertisement (the whole Suns franchise is controlled and bankrolled by them...).

How many of their members actually live on the Gold Coast I wonder. Doubt they'll be releasing those stats anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Finally someone who is willing to talk about it. I never claimed for sure there were a lot of converts but it's not out of the question to think that there have been some. Having said that, the Suns have always had higher membership numbers than the Titans so perhaps it's a bit deceiving. Do you think it would be fair to assume there are more Suns fans than Titans fans on the Gold Coast but conversely more NRL fans than AFL fans? Is that a fair assessment? I still think RL is number 1 on the Coast but I know the Titans are unpopular in certain sectors.

I'll say it again, I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely curious as to what my fellow GCers think. I would ask Suns fans the same question but I don't think they have their own forum.
    Maybe it's about time you started one & stop polluting our RL Forums
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    We think you're a wanker
    Correction: we don't think he's a wanker, we KNOW he's a wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    And in what universe does this mean they are former Rugby League supporters? Not converts from other AFL clubs or neutrals or move fresh over the border?

I wouldnt want someone like you in journalism or science!
    This is one of the worst pieces of sports "journalism" I have read in a long time.

Apart from the strawman arguments throughout the article, I particularly like how she was a "hardcore Bronco fan", but after 3 games in 2011 she states
    I've been a full AFL convert since I was first introduced to the Suns
    The good news is it only took her 3 years to then decide they were worthy of a membership.

And nothing supports research like a control group of 1, even then one who shows the sort of allegiance that the article suggests.

Sounds like the AFL is FULL of HARDCORE supporters , if we use the same ridiculous formula that the authour and OP like to use.

What's with the name calling??? I often see threads on here that could get some good discussions happening, but it just disintegrates into a slanging match. Shouldn't we be promoting discussions and differing opinions??
    Absolutely, but this is a TITANS/RUGBY LEAGUE forum, so discussion of RL is encouraged.

We are just not really interested in listening to this wanker always polluting it with his AFL crap. Especially articles that are as ridiculous and pointless as this one.

This is the off-season and we would be better occupied getting ready for Fantasy opening this Friday.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-01-14 at 10:02 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    This is one of the worst pieces of sports "journalism" I have read in a long time.

Apart from the strawman arguments throughout the article, I particularly like how she was a "hardcore Bronco fan", but after 3 games in 2011 she states
    The good news is it only took her 3 years to then decide they were worthy of a membership.
    Good point!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER