Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Well **** me

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yolo, get fergo
    This, this and this ... I would take him immediately ... some mongrel on the right side and with his offload Mead would be in 7th heaven ... forget the badboy and think about the on-field stuff.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

A BIG shock really...out of the blue and wham! Have serious concerns about membership numbers for the 2014 season with this announcement coupled with Blair being in some hot water for NYE discretions. The club needs to scramble to get some faith amongst the fans but also the Gold Coast public.
    As the Mole stated there is much more about this decision and the swiftness of it than meets the eye...where there is smoke there must be fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Dan View Post
    You can't blame Searle, Cartwright and Annersley for this!
    Why not?? Searle is in charge of the football department. Our best backline player just got released.

For a long time I have been saying that we will not forge ahead until Searle is gone. I'm now beginning to feel that the club will be dead long before he is gone. We are seriously that bad at the moment. The backline that we are going to trot out is going to be just above Q-Cup standard.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    From the Rugby League Week Mole on Twitter:

For those who are wondering, there is a LOT more to Jamal Idris leaving @GCTitans for @PenrithPanthers than meets the eye...

Looks like there is a bit to be played out in the media here yet.
    Sadly this looks to be very true..

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Dan View Post
    You can't blame Searle, Cartwright and Annersley for this!
    Sorry Dan but our club is not all Roses & behind every problem we have the bloke who's no longer in charge still seems to be causing problems

Yolo, get fergo
    Re-educate him, keep him away from Carney, Mundine & Dugan & sign him , i take back all my previous hate

Something needs to be done before our club implodes before a ball is kicked off
    #itaintweaktospeak

Personally, for footy's sake i'd love us to sign a reformed, dedicated fergo. But in terms of winning back the hearts, faith and dollars of the GC public and fans in general - replacing a cleanskin super-kid-friendly idris with a guy convicted of indecent assault for groping a women seems like a tough sell. Especially in light of the backlash from titans fans when Dugan was floated as a potential signing.

But hey, we have Bird, Kelly, Myles, White, Dowling and Blair in the team already. May as well take a chance on Fergo if it means winning some games right?

Ummm, F**K!!
    Can't wait to hear the truth behind all of this.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Why not?? Searle is in charge of the football department. Our best backline player just got released.

For a long time I have been saying that we will not forge ahead until Searle is gone. I'm now beginning to feel that the club will be dead long before he is gone. We are seriously that bad at the moment. The backline that we are going to trot out is going to be just above Q-Cup standard.
    Jamal asked for a release that's got nothing to do with Searle, Carty and co

Unless we have something big up our sleeve, now is the time to shift zillman to centre and mead to fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Unless we have something big up our sleeve, now is the time to shift zillman to centre and mead to fullback.
    Yep. I see this as our best option too tbh

Man was this a surprise when I was going through my email today...

Really hope it means we're freeing up cap safe for a big signing. Otherwise I cannot see the point of swapping one of the best centres in the comp, even if he is on a huge contract, for Tighe (no offence to the guy).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Yep. I see this as our best option too tbh
    The bigger issue here is the right side and no matter that Zillman played a reasonable stop-gap role for a couple of games 2 years ago we all know his passing game is weak to say the least and as an example put him 1-on-1 with Idris when we play Penriff what would be the outcome?

Blair or Takairangi get the left side and then who gets the right? Likiliki without any form ... maybe but who knows? And then what have we got? Ferguson at least ticks the "can play" box. Any takers on a backrow to right centre solution from our coach?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans centre Maurice Blair has been fined $400 and had a conviction recorded after his New Year's Eve arrest.

Just utter embarrassing, now I have to explain to
    my boys that there favourite player has gone. The Suns are so much more professional and open about things and this stings to say this but will take control of the coast sporting landscape because of our incompetence.

Words can not describe the anger I'm feeling.

We finally had a strike centre and we through it away.

Get ****ed.