Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Won't be SBW, he has already announced a 2 yr deal from 2015 with the NZRU.

Maybe the Kelly injury is a lot worst than we are lead to believe & we are chasing a no7 for this season & this is the coin required for the buy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Hopefully it's Karmichael Hunt as the replacement. Then it would turn out ok in the end.

This is total crap. I can't believe this is happening.
    In my opinion, Karmichael would be our worst possible recruit. Yet another player with his best days behind him - which is seemingly all we recruit these days. Blair is rubbish, Tighe is rubbish, Takarangi is rubbish.

We are one injury to Kelly or Sezar away from having these chumps in the centres serviced by a second rower. How good are we going to look then??

Something stinks at the Gold Coast Titans, something stinks really, really bad.

excerpt from the story on NRL.com

"The move for family reasons somewhat flies in the face of comments made by Idris prior to Christmas, who was excited about spending time with his brother Isaac Simon and his new baby daughter in Brisbane."

I don't doubt his mum is sick (god bless her, she used to do my family's hair when we were little) but that her sickness was the impetus for his signing with the panthers is obviously BS.

The rapid timeline of events, and lack of fight we put up to keep him makes it look like we pushed him out the door. Why?

We have been a shambles in the centers for years. Without Idris, our season nose-dived, not even Carty could deny that. We relied on a make-shift center (taka), and stand in wingers (gordon/mead) to do the job without him, while letting our best up and coming centre (hunt) go. We sign 2 of the most underwhelming centers in the game (blair, tighe) and Annesley and Carty try and play it off like an exciting move forward for the club.

Daryll Kelly and Anneseley have both gone on the record as saying they arn't in the business of losing. Cartwright knows this is his make or break season.

All these things make me think we must be going after a big name. I can only hope as much. I'm running out of reasons to hope for better results!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Maybe the Kelly injury is a lot worst than we are lead to believe & we are chasing a no7 for this season & this is the coin required for the buy
    There is an absolutely ZERO PERCENT chance that a blue chip player - DCE for example - is coming to the Gold Coast Titans. Quality players such as these are not stupid enough to come play for Michael Searle when they can go 80km up the road and play for a better run club.

Until we match the likes of Brisbane OFF THE FIELD we will never, ever, ever match them on it.

Wow there goes our premiership odds. Thanks a lot Searle , Cartwright and Annersley. On the funny side though may be my mother inlaw will get home sick and go home as well.);

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    There is an absolutely ZERO PERCENT chance that a blue chip player - DCE for example - is coming to the Gold Coast Titans. Quality players such as these are not stupid enough to come play for Michael Searle when they can go 80km up the road and play for a better run club.

Until we match the likes of Brisbane OFF THE FIELD we will never, ever, ever match them on it.
    True. We had Cooper Cronk SSD until he learnt about his financial mismanagement.

FFS the next time I hear about a NRL player changing clubs due to "compassionate reasons" I am going to throw up. It's about time some of these babies grew up.
    My family are in Sydney and if I said to my boss that I needed to move straight away he would hand me the paper to write my resignation along with the tissues to dry my eyes. As someone said - this has Gould all over it and we have been dudded, again.

From the Rugby League Week Mole on Twitter:

For those who are wondering, there is a LOT more to Jamal Idris leaving @GCTitans for @PenrithPanthers than meets the eye...

Looks like there is a bit to be played out in the media here yet.

WTF ... Is it the start of an exodus? I don't know how many more hits the club can take before we start to look like the Jeff Muller days ... totally stunned and dis"may"ed ... oh yeah we lost him too. Is Cartwright heading to Penrith too?
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-01-14 at 03:54 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Wheeled in my front door turned on fox sports news and then I'm pretty sure my neighbours heard the f bomb 20 times in under 30 seconds... So devastated we fell apart with out him last year.. Get likiliki on the peptides and get him ready to go!! (Joking of course) but the way the mole said it.. I'm feeling salary cap issues.. horrible news!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Wow there goes our premiership odds. Thanks a lot Searle , Cartwright and Annersley. On the funny side though may be my mother inlaw will get home sick and go home as well.);
    You can't blame Searle, Cartwright and Annersley for this!

I think its more then just salary cap issues

I wouldn't think Cap issues as we have been saying that we can throw big money at Hunt a few months back.

I wonder about the who TV deal. With Idris going back and linked to Gould can we expect to see Idris on The Footy Show now Benji gone. ?

Yolo, get fergo