Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Something is definitely wrong with turning up to anywhere where there is going to be media looking like that ... and I don't mean the pink tie either
    Exactly right mate it was only a few years back when the Bulldogs were going through some off field "Drama's" when they wore rags instead of some sort of respectable attire..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Yeah, terrible good look for the club. Not a great day to be a titans fan. Let's hope for good things in the weeks ahead...

Get rid of him, can't believe we could possibly have two ex-almost-30-yr-old panther players taking us into 2014.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Let's be honest, we have a coach from there who probably views them as prodigies ... what a joke ... both Blair and Tighe can play a bit but gee neither of them is a marquee player.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Looking at the photo of Blair, safe to say he doesn't put in in the gym. Pretty pathetic for a professional NRL player. Hope he does well for us this year. Obviously bought him as a direct utility replacement for O' Dwyer, but worried he only did well last year because of Bellamy.

That has to be photoshopped.
    He did not wear that to court did he??
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Something is definitely wrong with turning up to anywhere where there is going to be media looking like that ... and I don't mean the pink tie either
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Exactly right mate it was only a few years back when the Bulldogs were going through some off field "Drama's" when they wore rags instead of some sort of respectable attire..
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    That has to be photoshopped.
    He did not wear that to court did he??
    I am going to go out on a limb and state he was plucked from training to attend Southport after hearing about the warrant. Just happened to have a spare singlet in the car...No one attends court dressed like that. Absolutely no way would Titans management allow him to.

That's a fragile limb, old mate. ASADA, court cases, doesn't matter these days at all … players (and coaches) are above criticism no matter what they do. I'm tired of our coach looking like an unkempt hobo, in fact I'm tired of our coach. That's the example and Blair's attitude is the result. Since when is the coach too busy to have a shave … disgusts me greatly that he can stomp around pretending to be 20 years old instead of the role-model one would expect.

Gold Coast Titans recruit Maurice Blair dismayed at street arrest on New Year's Eve

Maurice Blair hands himself inGold Coast Titans player Maurice Blair l...
    A SINGLE can of vodka and soda on New Year's Eve has cost Titans recruit Maurice Blair a $400 court fine and could cost him a further $20,000 in club sanctions.

The professional rugby league player was arrested in Maryborough 10 minutes before midnight after being caught drinking openly in the street and obstructing police.

The 29-year-old entered an impromptu guilty plea to the two charges in the Southport Magistrates Court yesterday afternoon.

He had initially been due to face Maryborough Magistrates Court yesterday on the charges but his lawyers applied for a two-week adjournment and asked for his appearance to be excused from court due to his contractual training schedule with the Titans.

When a stubborn magistrate refused and issued a warrant for his arrest, Blair immediately left training and surrendered to police clad in a "Black Money" singlet, shorts and a cap.

He spent just under two hours in the watch-house before he was brought into the prisoners' dock unhandcuffed.

Police alleged Blair was seen drinking among a large group of up to 400 people who had gathered for the countdown to midnight on Wharf St on December 31.

He could have been given a simple $110 fine but, when confronted by police, Blair threw the can behind bushes and challenged officers to prove he had been drinking in public.

He refused to co-operate with police and on his arrest he told an officer he had "plenty" of money and would sue them.

Solicitor Campbell MacCallum from Moloney MacCallum Lawyers said Blair was not drunk but disputed his arrest because he felt singled out by police due to his football career fame.

"He wasn't being belligerent; he was arguing it was unfair other people around him were drinking and he was the only one arrested," he said.

"He wasn't trying to brag about how much money he earns - it was simply a statement about his intention to pursue the matter."

Mr MacCallum told the court Blair, a former Penrith Panthers and Melbourne Storm centre, regretted the incident and was still facing disciplinary action from the Titans for bringing the club into disrepute.

This includedfines ranging from $10,000 to $20,000, community service with junior clubs on his own time, and a ban on drinking at club functions for six months.

Magistrate Kerry Magee dropped the failing to appear charge, accepting Blair had acted on legal instruction but convicted and fined him $400.

She recorded convictions against him after noting he had been convicted for obstructing police in 2005 and 2012.
    #itaintweaktospeak

3 charges for obstructing Police , seems to struggle with Authority or Alcohol ...would hope its not another one playing the "Race" card when he's challenged.
    #itaintweaktospeak

3 charges for obstructing Police , seems to struggle with Authority or Alcohol ...would hope its not another one playing the "Race" card when he's challenged.
    You'd only get short odds on that Pete ... he must have asked for it to be spotted amongst 400. From my experience, the coppers in country areas generally leave the league guys alone or move them on.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Looking at the photo of Blair, safe to say he doesn't put in in the gym. Pretty pathetic for a professional NRL player. Hope he does well for us this year. Obviously bought him as a direct utility replacement for O' Dwyer, but worried he only did well last year because of Bellamy.
    Melbourne only let go guys that they know they can easily replace. The one exception was GI but that was exceptional circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Melbourne only let go guys that they know they can easily replace. The one exception was GI but that was exceptional circumstances.
    Correct. Terrible signing on every level.

Im sure the "do you know who I am" card wouldve been maxed out and he probaly had several chances to tip the drink out and walk away, im speaking on having grown up in bundy 1.5hours from maryborough and country police are pretty leniant towards these things and too footy players
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

When a stubborn magistrate refused and issued a warrant for his arrest, Blair immediately left training and surrendered to police clad in a "Black Money" singlet, shorts and a cap.

He spent just under two hours in the watch-house before he was brought into the prisoners' dock unhandcuffed.
    I accept everyones apologies..