Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I have an idea people go to the football funny enough to watch as much football for there money. Speaking for myself I don't care if people have a race in orb balls at half time or do not go to listen to annoying dJs. It should with out fail be the same thing.
    1. Seagulls or Burleigh should play there qrl game prior to kick off.
    2.The 20's before that
    3.And when ever possible a school boys game could be played first.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    I have an idea people go to the football funny enough to watch as much football for there money. Speaking for myself I don't care if people have a race in orb balls at half time or do not go to listen to annoying dJs. It should with out fail be the same thing.
    1. Seagulls or Burleigh should play there qrl game prior to kick off.
    2.The 20's before that
    3.And when ever possible a school boys game could be played first.
    Yeah I have to agree. In saying that, I don't have kids so I don't know how much these kind of things help parents keep their kids settled during the half-time break.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    I have an idea people go to the football funny enough to watch as much football for there money.
    I actually think that there aren't many who go to watch the early games, possibly because we were getting so badly beaten last year. The crowd reflects this prior to main game. It would definitely change if we were competitive. I do agree there are footy fans who enjoy watching footy of any standard, but there are a lot more who would want to watch more football if it was of a higher standard eg close games/Titans teams winning.

From my perspective, I have a family of 4, which is me, my Mrs, and 2 kids. Sometimes I have to sell it hard to get the Mrs to go at any time and the kids aren't that keen to watch teams of people they don't know/care about (eg 20's) who get beaten most of the time. So, to try and convince them to sit through 3 hours of football where the first 80 minutes is a team of youngsters getting beaten by 40 points is just asking too much, and I am pretty happy if I get all 4 of us to make it in time to get a beer, say hi to a few old faces and be seated before kick off.

My kids are always pretty keen to go to the footy if they have FMX and bouncing castles out the front before hand. These are the sort of initiatives the Titans management have to try and carry though the whole game day experience to get the casual observer to stump up hard earned to get them through the gates, knowing they are getting entertainment even if their team is being beaten. Basically, not every "Titan fan" is a footy fan.

So, lots of families/peeps are looking for a day out being entertained in other ways besides just footy. Maybe one of the best examples is the way horse racing goes about promoting itself as a "day at the races". Most people have little interest in the actual horse racing, but enjoy the fashion show, the drinking, the festivities, perving on well dressed guys/girls or laughing at those who have had too much to drink in the hot sun, etc.

We have been to many GCTC events where they know how to entertain the kids with bouncing castles, entertainment around the field (jugglers, singers on stage, clowns etc) while I slip on a few bets and keep an eye on the fillies around the track.
    And if we use Black Caviar as an example of a team that is kicking a bit of Donkey-ar$e, then as he compiled the wins, the fan base grew, and even kids and some other-halfs started knowing about him and wanting to put a bet on him/cheer for him, or actually wanting to watch a race he was running in!

So, bottom line, start winning games and the fan base will grow, but in the meantime the Titans need to find other ways to entice the fans.

Fair assessment Whiz ... when I was playing grade I used to hate sitting in the sheds wondering who they would bring up from the reserves to play firsts but my mates all loved that and came early to watch every game and so did their families but times have changed with the advent of interchange the dynamics of the relationship between the lower grades and the NRL teams has changed too. Can you image, some of you blokes, that we used to play without interchange so you just went for 80 even if you were busted and often because you got paid for the percentage of a game you were on the field

I am all for outside entertainment such as kids things but I find it hard to accept that there aren't enough actual hard core football fans to make budget. Sure, peripheral family supporters and vaguely interested others will help the count but I think the club chases away the hard core and that's where they should be aiming at, at least as equally as marketing to other sectors.

Totally agree that winning at least reasonably helps a lot and tragics like most of us here would turn up even if we were really bad ... oh yeah, I forgot we are and we have been ... but where are the missing 4-5,000? I'll tell you where: they have been slowly eroded by the amount to issues they have been served-up by continued poor management of the team first and the club second ... they just ran out of patience.

We have to ask ourselves what's to like about the club? The club management? No, the majority owner is perceived, rightly or wrongly, as some sort of shonky. The team management? No, the coach, rightly or wrongly, is seen as some dictatorial throw back from the past. The team itself? No, while having some iconic players they are viewed as an old boys club that can't win consistently enough to gain traction with the supporters.

This is the Annersley challenge.
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-01-14 at 11:17 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

ALl this talk about Game day innovations, what about game day game plan for players and the team not the same boring 5 hitups and a kick ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Not bagging anyones ideas or anything, they are all valid but they might be restricted to how many games they could play in 1 day before the pitch gets torn up - not sure, just saying...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Not bagging anyones ideas or anything, they are all valid but they might be restricted to how many games they could play in 1 day before the pitch gets torn up - not sure, just saying...
    Good point.

OK, all I was saying in my wordy post above is that if I was to come and watch 3 games of footy, it would be me on my Pat Malone.

If the kids are interested, which usually brings the Mrs too, then they get 4 clicks on the turnstiles.

They want numbers through the gates. Footy fans will always come to the footy. Target the kids and families will come too.