Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I'm not convinced that the current system is broken and needs to change...in addition to that perhaps our expectations of the 20's competition is a little unrealistic...they are still so young and learning the game! Sometimes the best games are actually the junior games!
    I wonder whether we would be having this discussion if we had a very successful junior program that led to very successful 20's sides.
    I agree with all of this.

Personally, I would like to have a 20's game followed by reserve grade followed by first grade. That's a great day at the footy. But only worth sitting through if it's quality football. The bottom line is I think we would all prefer quality over quantity.

But I don't think the Titans are going to be trying to change the structure of the NRL to get us fans a better game day experience. I'll take my chances of getting a tasty hotdog, chips and drink prior to heading into the stadium before I start worrying/wondering when/if they will be bringing back reserve grade.

As DIEHARD said, banner competitions and rewarding Titans fans who make an effort with costume/apparel with ground appearances and/or competitions would be a good way to engage fans.

Random prize draws would be a good way to engage the general crowd.

Music grabs is a tried and tested way to create atmosphere.

What is something new that hasn't been done? You know that blow-up blimp thing they fly around the stadium? What about having blimp wars, between 2 opposing fans? First to knock the other one down wins! Yeah!!

screenshot windows

The Sharks have provided this service for their fans.

The Sharks have provided this service for their fans.
    Meh. More useless crap on your mobile IMO.

What about having something like fantasy league for home games?

Fans can download an app that lets you pick a set number of players for the game (from both teams, say 6 players for example), and they update it on the big screen after scoring plays to show the top 10 leaderboard, or something like that. Maybe combine it with first tryscorer, biggest point scorer etc.

Winner gets a free something or other.... must be present to collect prize.

OK, we've talked about kiss cam, dance cam, and a comp for banners and costume/fan apparel.

What about "dedicated fan-cam"???

So, basically, the cameras scan the crowd for a dedicated TITAN fan who is seen cheering wildly, dressed appropriately, waving a crazy banner/flag, and things like that. They play a special song/music grab over the PA to announce "dedicated fan-cam" is about to come on, and then replay the fan they captured doing any/all of the above at any given time.

This encourages active participation and rewards those who get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, we've talked about kiss cam, dance cam, and a comp for banners and costume/fan apparel.

So, basically, the cameras scan the crowd for a dedicated TITAN fan who is seen cheering wildly, dressed appropriately, waving a crazy banner/flag, and things like that. They play a special song/music grab over the PA to announce "dedicated fan-cam" is about to come on, and then replay the fan they captured doing any/all of the above at any given time.

A brilliant idea. Give them a Titans supporter pack and free 2015 membership or something. That is how to create a passionate culture.

The dedicated fan cam and banner comps should be bread and butter staples of match day. Even interview them on match day, they can talk about their inspiration and how they made their flag or banner which also educates the rest of us.

Also with the music, I think thats great and we have talked about it before. I remember we talked about having the flash gordon "FLASH! MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!" song played when Kevin scored. Anything is better than some tacky pop song that dates terribly. Bailey's could be Bulls On Parade by Rage Against the Machine. Bird's would obviously be Bird Is The Word. We wont get matches for all players but soon players would be synonymous with their songs.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You could imagine alot less people would be asking others "Who scored?" when we have songs like this in place.

Not just great for us at the stadium but for those at home and the pub. Making it look fun and maybe more will want to be involved. And we could win those back that no longer regularly attend when they see that things have evolved.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Nice idea C-Whiz...but if past experience is any indication they will restrict that to the same areas each home games and then we will have the same people getting their few minutes of fame (several times a season that is).

Nice idea C-Whiz...but if past experience is any indication they will restrict that to the same areas each home games and then we will have the same people getting their few minutes of fame (several times a season that is).
    Which is poison for developing the culture we want.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Also with the music, I think thats great and we have talked about it before. I remember we talked about having the flash gordon "FLASH! MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!" song played when Kevin scored. Anything is better than some tacky pop song that dates terribly. Bailey's could be Bulls On Parade by Rage Against the Machine. Bird's would obviously be Bird Is The Word. We wont get matches for all players but soon players would be synonymous with their songs.
    I really like this idea, and had never considered each player having their own sound byte. Great way for fans to know who scored.

Who remembers that terrible elevator dance Nathan Freind used to perform on the big screen? What if each player recorded a little dance/signature move to go with the music grab? That would be a bit of fun, and fans may start to copy it when they score.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 05-01-14 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Which is poison for developing the culture we want.
    Yeah, but we need to give it a chance to evolve and move on. If others want to be noticed, then it's up to them to be noticed. But I do know what you are saying.

I remember DIEHARD walking the perimeter of the field with flags and banners to try and involve the stadium and unite them. That's the sort of dedication that cameras should be picking up on.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that other grounds get a lot of TV attention for their supporters and groups, yet Titans don't seem to get as much TV exposure as supporters. Maybe that's up to us fans to turn that around, and the club needs to give us more impetus to try and be noticed.

Immortal

I would like to see the Titans put on the MM and CC games prior to the NYC. Give each of the boys two free tickets for family, even if a few stay around it is more people at the ground, thus better return on investment for sponsors, food and drink etc. These games are a very high standard for their age and would help sell the Titans to juniors.

Game day public thrashings

This would be a great idea, would help heal the wrongs that has been done to the Gold Coast junior players, companies, trades people, supporters, and everyone else and would also be great for a certain CEO to be in the limelight again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Game day public thrashings

This would be a great idea, would help heal the wrongs that has been done to the Gold Coast junior players, companies, trades people, supporters, and everyone else and would also be great for a certain CEO to be in the limelight again.
    I can only imagine the sort of turnout this would receive, especially if the punters through the turnstiles had a lucky-gate prize of getting to weild the whip.

I can only imagine the sort of turnout this would receive, especially if the punters through the turnstiles had a lucky-gate prize of getting to weild the whip.
    Wow
    Sold out sign would need to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Great thought Coaster ... why not a set of stocks near the entrance with a supply of last game's left-overs to throw ... could also attract sponsorship from a green grocer.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.