Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

i understand why people are not really interested in kiss cam or dance cam, and to be honest, I can't see myself busting out the sprikler if the cam points at me, but some people enjoy it, and more importantly, it's easy and affects no person who is not interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Banner competitions and best dressed.

Prizes for people who wear jerseys.
    Banners are something that should be actively promoted by the Titans, because it not only adds to the scenery, but it shows commitment from the fans and it should be rewarded.

Think about the money and screen time they give to ABC and Coke Zero promotions, and the effort people put into signs to get noticed, and it makes me wonder why Titans haven't asked fans to come in Titans costume for a field parade, or have a banner competition at each home game.

When you watch the cricket you see lots of people wearing costumes and getting exposure for it. Titans (and the NRL) should be encouraging punters to make the same sort of effort and reward them with some real TV time.

Think about those races they have on the field. They should make it that to be eligible you MUST be dressed in Titans fan gear or costume before they even think about letting you on the field.

But the most important way to engage the fans is to have a TITANS SONG that we can all sing together, before, during and/or after, which would bring us all together as a UNITED group and get us all warmed up for the game.

This is still the one thing that I cannot understand why THE FANS haven't been engaged to come up with something. Forget wanna-be famous psuedo-professionals who need/want exposure with some half-a$$ed pop song, we need an ANTHEM that we can belt out together.

I true club song would be awesome but not holding my breath.

TO me i go to watch footy and that's it, so couldn't care less about "Entertainment" Bring back reserves and **** off under 20's and we will be good.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Maybe if we had David May a bit longer we'd have squeezed a club song out of him as well.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I true club song would be awesome but not holding my breath.

TO me i go to watch footy and that's it, so couldn't care less about "Entertainment" Bring back reserves and **** off under 20's and we will be good.

Strongly agree. I would like the reserves to be like the old days not a hotch potch Q Cup game featuring one of the Titans feeder clubs, where only some of our back up players will be playing. But that ain't going to happen. The NRL have thrown a few million at strengthening the feeder comps like the NSW and QCups but the only change I have noticed is the winners of both will play each other on Grand Final day.

I just came home from the Heat game and they have the whole social media engagement during the game thing turned up full bore and that's exactly what it is - a bore. What's not a bore is that the DJ/announcer merely needs to play part of a song or make a noise and everyone in the crowd claps or responds. It creates great atmosphere at the Gabba. There aren't as many opportunities but this is kind if what I'm talking about in integrating the fans with the play. When something happens, play those songs which get a response from the crowd. It's not perfect what they do at the Heat as there are plenty of similarly poor announcement like what we do which is annoying as buggery. But when the whole crowd are clapping or responding in unison it's great.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Bringing in a Titans Reserve grade? Tough one. But no thanks. Not enough room for that AND the Queensland Cup. I want the Queensland Cup to thrive, not be butchered.

Could work in NSW not QLD.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Agree with Diehard. I would like to see QCup at Robina Stadium on game days though. If we have the two QCup feeders it should be simple enough to schedule one of them for before our game. Potential loss of revenue for the QCup club though without $s being put through their bars ad ponies on game day. Mind you other opportunities exist for them with pre and post Titans match day functions with courtesy busses etc.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Reserve grade is going to be introduced next year isnt it? Im all for it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Reserve grade is going to be introduced next year isnt it? Im all for it personally.
    the way I read it is that it is only for the NSW teams, the QLD teams will still have feeder system through the Q Cup

NYC, QCup and the Firsts ... great days entertainment plus I totally agree with 'Goose ... having snippets of iconic songs relating to players or particular plays is something I strongly agree with:

Big Titans tackle, cue "hehehehe wipe out", Gordon flashes over, cue "the Tequila cadence", the opposition drops the ball, cue "Roosters, Roosters, who the fark are Roosters", James bends the line cue "give me a head with hair" ... and so on (apologies for showing my age with the song selection but I'm sure you get the idea).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Bringing in a Titans Reserve grade? Tough one. But no thanks. Not enough room for that AND the Queensland Cup. I want the Queensland Cup to thrive, not be butchered.

Could work in NSW not QLD.
    Yes it is a tough one but I want to see players outside our top 17 playing in a proper reserve grade team. As the Titans have two feeder teams it is not possible. The Broncos used to have QCup games before the NRL and as they had their fringe players scattered through a few QCup teams, interest was zero.
    I agree it would be hard to introduce a proper reserve grade without effecting QCup but I would have hoped there was a way. But there is no point me going on about it as it isn't going to happen. I think the intention was that the National Youth Comp (under 20's) was going to be the natural curtain raiser but we soon saw that the standard was well below NRL and the better players are running around in QCup and NSW Cup.
    I am probably just not with todays trend in that people just want to turn up for one game whereas if the football was good I would make a day of it with three games.

I just think the NRL isnt the be all end off for Rugby League. NRL reserve grade teams in QLD would be the tail wagging the dog for me.

But I'm just a traditionalist. I can totally understand the attractiveness of having ONE reserve team to simplify the process.

Perhaps if we just has one Queensland Cup side it would be better. But with so few NRL sides in Queensland, they need our support.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mexican Titan
    I am probably just not with todays trend in that people just want to turn up for one game whereas if the football was good I would make a day of it with three games.
    Ive never really thought about it that way but you are right, there has been a change in culture. We need to change the culture, let people know they are getting more value with more footy and get alot more info out there about our NYC and QCUP sides. Changing culture is one of the hardest things to ever do.

I'm not convinced that the current system is broken and needs to change...in addition to that perhaps our expectations of the 20's competition is a little unrealistic...they are still so young and learning the game! Sometimes the best games are actually the junior games!
    I wonder whether we would be having this discussion if we had a very successful junior program that led to very successful 20's sides.