Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Alright, I will try 'n lay off it again. As I've said numerous times before, I wish they got it all in order so I got nothing to ***** about, and only have concerns of how the team will perform on the field, during the season.

Anyway, I'm hoping to purchase a 5XL Heritage Jersey next week (nothing quite highlights a beer gut like horizontal Butcher's Stripes), I do wonder what dilemma/s I'm about to endure just to get one though..

You're all good Toads.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That's more like it ... now run at me again!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Afraid I won't be joining in the chorus of kumbya
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That's more like it ... now run at me again!

The thing I see as a problem is making the distinction between members and walk-ups.

Like i said in other threads, offering members the chance to purchase a hot dog, chips and soft drink on the way into the stadium at a very reasonable cost was a masterstroke that rewards members and helps make a day of it.

Straight up, i am definitely going to be taking advantage of this next year if it is still on offer, and it will make our game day longer, cheaper and more enjoyable. it's a win-win, everyone is happy, and it is exactly the sort of thing that can only be seen as a positive.

Now, they could have combo style ticket combined with a food package/option, so you can purchase ahead of time, online, and get this offer via Titans HQ for a pre-paid hot dog, chips and drink when you buy your ticket. They get to enjoy a feed with the members and get a better game day experience. This could then rub off on the walk-ups who see the benefits of membership, or at least see it as a better way to enjoy a day at the footy without being ripped off by the stadium.

For the record I have ZERO interest in reading other peoples tweets on the big screen.

Personally, I don't have a twitter account and have no interest in it at all. Also, I am also doing my best to shun Facebook, and probably go on for about 5 minutes once a week or so.

I cannot see people going to games just to see if their tweet makes the big screen, but I don't put much past peoples ego's and narcissim these days.

I would suggest lucky number/seat/ticket draws at random times. Everyone loves a prize! Kiss cam is always (ok, usually) fun, and costs nothing. Maybe a dance cam with some tunes flowing? If you bust moves for 5 seconds, you get a voucher for something.

Simple things, low cost, fun and amusing that engages the majority of the crowd, that can be done at almost any time and require no interference with the ground or the game.

Banner competitions and best dressed.

Prizes for people who wear jerseys.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

We need to include more game related involvement. By this I mean, not just chanting Defence! And Titans! At the 60 minute mark. We need some songs (love the South Sydney Botany Road thing) and other crowd interactions where we can all join in as one. I for one, dislike the kiss cam and dance cam and anything that picks out individuals. I'd rather feel part of something bigger. If it means that technology will help us coordinate some songs and chants that aren't lead by an annoying announcer than let's do it. As much as it is a bit overdone, the whole "we will rock you" thing gets the whole crowd going. I'm not saying we need that but we need something like that, which is ours which can stir up the crowd and energize the players.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Banned

Does no one realise they are just stealing what is done at Suns games? It's not innovative or new at all...

A bit of flim flam that is done all the way around the world.

how to capture screen

It is interesting to watch how clubs are positioning themselves in this area. The Titans are implementing strategies that follow the NRL Strategic Plan that has a strong emphasis on digital engagement. The Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs are very good in this area and I would suggest we are still developing but on the improve. The club has tried elements of this before but really haven't persevered with it and it never really took off. With any social media presence you have to be regular creators of content or otherwise your presence gets a little lost in the myriad of other incoming social media streams.
    My belief with social media is that it must be firstly delivered on the terms of the fans...whatever that this (generally on mobile devices) and utilising whatever is the current dominant and emerging social media applications (and these may change regularly for example Facebook is quite unpopular with teenagers whereas Snapchat is very popular). Secondly, it must be saturated in its delivery...that is...it must be delivered in a myriad of applications and modes and mediums.
    I recognise it is not for everyone...but it is the way of the future generations of Titans fans!

I remember when hammer was calling for the Titans to use twitter before they even knew it existed.

South Sydney began recruiting memberships when they began winning games
    Prier to that I think they had the lowest fan base/membership in the NRL

I agree with all posts in that we need to focus on families, parking, pricing, entertainment etc.

First we need bums on seats and to do that we need to win consistently

People like to back winners make the top 1 to 6 this year will pull the membership for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Does no one realise they are just stealing what is done at Suns games? It's not innovative or new at all...
    Do you not realise that NO ONE on this forum really cares what you have to say and have ZERO INTEREST in anything you tell us about the suns?