Default 2014 Maroons jersey

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I love the symplicity of it. Classy.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Canterbury unveils new QLD Maroons jersey
    Canterbury Media

Canterbury recognises the need to develop the toughest jersey to stand up to the rigours of Origin football.

The new look Queensland 2014 jersey has been designed by Canterbury as not only the toughest jersey ever made, but also incorporates the players’ feedback. Features such as the silicone grip to enhance ball handling in all weather conditions, lighter weight construction and an innovative new fabric with improved wicking capabilities have all been included.

The all maroon new jersey is a favourite with the players and the incorporation of the traditional V is synonymous with Rugby League and shows the strength and unification of the Queensland side.

The Loop 21.1 neckline is an advancement from the Loop 21 neckline, a one-piece neckline with triple bar tack and traditional herringbone tape which personifies years of innovation resulting in the strongest neckline to date which has been tested to destruction with the internationally renowned Sports Technology Institute of Loughborough University.

The new jersey also features a newly developed fabric providing advancements in promoting improved sweat evaporation, enhanced freedom of movement and superior shape retention. Zoned construction assists in cooling and prevents overheating to ultimately enhance player performance.

Rob Moore, QRL chief executive officer, is pleased to announce that Canterbury has signed on for a further four years as the Queensland apparel sponsor.

“The Queensland Rugby league is extremely excited to partner with Canterbury for a further four years, continuing our wonderful association,” Moore said.

“Canterbury’s ongoing commitment to cutting edge technology and innovative design is one of the many reasons we believe this is the ideal partnership for the Maroons brand. This jersey is the perfect fit for all the key Maroons stakeholders, from the players on the field to the fans throughout the state, people will be proud to pull on this jersey.”

Scott Chapman, CEO of Canterbury International Australia, said: “Queensland State of Origin has been a significant part of the Canterbury heritage here in Queensland and we are thrilled to be continuing the winning partnership,” Chapman said.

“Canterbury strives to deliver the highest level of performance garments to give the players the edge as well as providing the fans the best quality replica ranges to support their team.”

The new 2014 Queensland State of Origin jersey will be available in time for Christmas from Canterbury stores www.canterburynz.com.au and all leading sports from next month.

So suddenly after decades of neglecting the chevron, it's a chevron gold rush! Well Im all for more straight forward and traditional designs.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    So suddenly after decades of neglecting the chevron, it's a chevron gold rush! Well Im all for more straight forward and traditional designs.
    Yep, it's good the clubs/federations are listening to the fans

I love the symplicity of it. Classy.
    The game is finally starting to return to its traditions...after much upheaval which I believe started with the dreaded Super League debacle in the mid 1990's. After all these experiments with the traditions of the game it comes full circle....love it! Now just to get the scrums to be a genuine competition rather than a relaxing love-in.
    Simplicity with design and colour = win!

Speaking of design, I think your banner is the best thing!

Speaking of design, I think your banner is the best thing!

It did get to the point where there was almost as much white as there was marron on some Qld jerseys around the late 1990's, but I do like some highlights on my jerseys. Without having seen the whole kit, I do think it looks a bit plain at this stage, but having said that, my favourite Qld jersey is the original style, all maroon with just a white Q/State insignia and Origin badge.

Also, i never really liked the gold piping on the latest jerseys. A bit of white is ok, but where did the gold come from? I know XXXX are the sponsor, but lets keep the Queensland Origin jersey true to it's core, and it doesn't (shouldn't) have gold in it.

OK, I've already changed my mind. Just had another look at it, and I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, I've already changed my mind. Just had another look at it, and I really like it.
    It's a golden age of jerseys!

It's a golden age of jerseys!
    I think Hammer nailed it, it's all come full circle.

And you two blokes would go pretty close to claiming to be the reason the chevron is making a resurgence.

I like it. Go the Mighty Maroons!

I got one! They are great. Best qld jersey in years.