Default Injured Matt Srama wants to be Titan for life, but for now he's just focusing on gett

EMMA GREENWOOD GOLD COAST BULLETIN NOVEMBER 22, 2013 5:46AM

MATT Srama has revealed his intention to become a future Titans captain as he bids to remain a one-club player.

The 22-year-old rake, who is off contract at the end of the 2014 season, said he wanted to remain at "this great club'' as long as possible.

But with off-season shoulder surgery likely to relegate him to the bench for the start of the season and pitch him against Beau Falloon for the No. 9 jersey, Srama could be forced to look elsewhere to extend his NRL career.

"At the moment I'm just focusing on getting my body right and I'm really determined to try and get a spot in the team somewhere and come back from injury successfully,'' he said after having an ankle arthroscopy and shoulder reconstruction over the break.

Srama has been one of the Titans' best since his elevation to the first-grade squad midway through his final under-20 season in 2011, with his contribution belying a contract of little more than the NRL minimum wage.

While he would not rule out negotiating with other clubs, Srama said he had "not put any thought'' into his re-signing.

With co-captains Nate Myles and Greg Bird absent from pre-season training while on representative duty at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, Srama has been among players to step into the leadership void.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I would expect Bellamy will have a good look at Srama as a replacement for Smith..
    #itaintweaktospeak

I personally would love for him to be a Titan for life!

Interesting to see carter training at hooker gives the titans a bit of flexibility