Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Banned

I'm gonna try and stay on topic here considering every else is losing the point of the thread. I stated in previous posts that I thought the Titans would need to get around 60,000 total over the Broncos, Rabbitohs and Warriors games to avoid another year of a dropping crowd average. They are on track at the moment with 20k showing up to the Brisbane game.

As I've previously mentioned, the Titans pulled a total of 168,336 people to home games last year. So far this season they have pulled 42,044 people to the 3 home games which equals an average of 14,014 (just under last season's average). So let's say for arguments sake that they do pull 40k total over the next two games against Souths and the Warriors. That would total 82,044 total for 5 home games which would require 86,293 people over the remaining 7 home games to avoid another drop in crowd average. That's an average of 12,327 people over 7 games. It seems doable in my mind but they really have to get 40k people to the Souths and Warriors games.

Now I'll go on what I think is likely. I think the next two home games will get around 17k each so that would equal 34k over the two games. That would take the season total to 76,044. That would require 92,292 over the remaining 7 home games which is an average of 13,184. Seems less realistic given the crowds that showed up to the Tigers and Cowboys games earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I'm gonna try and stay on topic here considering every else is losing the point of the thread. I stated in previous posts that I thought the Titans would need to get around 60,000 total over the Broncos, Rabbitohs and Warriors games to avoid another year of a dropping crowd average. They are on track at the moment with 20k showing up to the Brisbane game.

As I've previously mentioned, the Titans pulled a total of 168,336 people to home games last year. So far this season they have pulled 42,044 people to the 3 home games which equals an average of 14,014 (just under last season's average). So let's say for arguments sake that they do pull 40k total over the next two games against Souths and the Warriors. That would total 82,044 total for 5 home games which would require 86,293 people over the remaining 7 home games to avoid another drop in crowd average. That's an average of 12,327 people over 7 games. It seems doable in my mind but they really have to get 40k people to the Souths and Warriors games.

Now I'll go on what I think is likely. I think the next two home games will get around 17k each so that would equal 34k over the two games. That would take the season total to 76,044. That would require 92,292 over the remaining 7 home games which is an average of 13,184. Seems less realistic given the crowds that showed up to the Tigers and Cowboys games earlier this year.
    which games were the tigers and cowboys games? the one in the desert heat and then the pissing rain? those games? i bet they werent affected by conditions and were a 100% reflection of how many people wanted to attend the football that day.

i have given this thread and yourself a wide berth as most of this is a waste of time, but its clear that crowd numbers in major australian sports right now are under the spotlight and some serious thinking is being done to increase attendance across the board. we are at a tipping point and the people in charge are beginning to realise that they need to address it before crowd numbers are based on bums on couches, not bums on plastic seats. i think a break even or even small loss in crowd numbers when u consider that crowds in AFL and NRL are shrinking right now isnt the end of the world. add to that that the previous crowd numbers are about as accurate as a Will Zill cutout pass and its even less relevant. the inflated numbers given for titans games (and many other venues in australia) might be a good idea at the time, but eventually you have to pay the piper, and we are trying to 'increase' crowds against a bogus number. only by setting a true base line can any real improvement be gauged.

i think any crowd increase based on team performance begins just as it becomes apparent we might make the finals and then into the finals. this should translate into something tangible next year.

Any assistance from the NRL or Titans management in regards to travel convenience, food pricing etc is also welcome and will eventually get some traction also.

In the mean time, stress less about fake numbers and enjoy the Titans, the Suns, or both.

CSF, I'm gonna try this idea, and you are welcome to give it a go too.

We wait, let the person with the clicker spend the game counting heads, then they tell us how many turn up, then we discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    CSF, I'm gonna try this idea, and you are welcome to give it a go too.

We wait, let the person with the clicker spend the game counting heads, then they tell us how many turn up, then we discuss it.
    Wouldn't taking pictures with camera be easier?

Count their legs as they come through the gate and divide by 2.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans v Rabbitohs

CLICK TO BUY TICKETS
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

I like looking at stats so I figured I'd post this to get an idea of how the Titans are going this year.

Broncos
    2013: 22,749
    2014: 20,524
    2225 decrease

Rabbitohs
    2013: 20,392
    2014: 19,107
    1285 decrease

Tigers
    2013: 11,731
    2014: 12,038
    307 increase

Cowboys
    2013: 12,790
    2014: 9482
    3308 decrease

That is a total decrease of 6511 patrons spread across the four home games the Titans have played this year. You can make all the excuses in the world but numbers don't lie. Crowds ARE going down.

You can pretty well say that every sport within Australia is losing numbers of their fan base. Primarily I put it down to most folks doing it tough financially, and the recently released Budget isn't going to improve the forecast either.

Also, when you've got codes changing rules within the game to appease parents, that in turn takes away from the game we once knew. And then couple that with poor decisions made by officials (Refs). Well, it's going to eventually take it's toll..

Junior

Geez CSF. You're are real fool.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 19-05-14 at 12:50 PM.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I like looking at stats so I figured I'd post this to get an idea of how the Titans are going this year.

Broncos
    2225 decrease

Rabbitohs
    1285 decrease

Tigers
    307 increase

Cowboys
    3308 decrease

That is a total decrease of 6511 patrons spread across the four home games the Titans have played this year. You can make all the excuses in the world but numbers don't lie. Crowds ARE going down.
    Maybe u should ask Foxtel if they have had a rise in subscriptions this year & u might have found the answer to your continual attempt at Titan Bashing......

Go GC Scums
    #itaintweaktospeak

Who has been saying Titans crowds are going up? No one.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Broncos
    2225 decrease

Rabbitohs
    1285 decrease

Tigers
    307 increase

Cowboys
    3308 decrease

Mate, I am one of the few here that give you the time of day but this is not one of your brightest efforts. I note you posted very early this morning so perhaps you were full of booze or just tired and emotional.
    Yes the crowds are declining but they are across all codes and, as I have said before, at least the Titans announced crowds this year have been factual unlike some other codes.
    The major tv deals are what administrators are largely interested in, not crowds. That is why the AFL and NRL deals in monetary terms are fairly close to each other. Ratings are similar even though AFL gets much larger crowds. Crowds are cyclical and will rise and fall and I am sure the Titans crowds will rise when the public are convinced that they are a team worth watching.

I have to be convinced that we have a team worth watching.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I cant believe we have a Thread 9 pages long on the topic of Titans Crowds
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    You can pretty well say that every sport within Australia is losing numbers of their fan base. Primarily I put it down to most folks doing it tough financially, and the recently released Budget isn't going to improve the forecast either.

Also, when you've got codes changing rules within the game to appease parents, that in turn takes away from the game we once knew. And then couple that with poor decisions made by officials (Refs). Well, it's going to eventually take it's toll..
    Are you sure about that? Look at these numbers:

NRL season average
    2013: 15,940 (not including finals)
    2014: 16,993 (so far)

AFL season average
    2013: 32,163 (not including finals)
    2014: 33,935 (so far)

Both averages are up when compared to last year. Okay, maybe it's just the Gold Coast then? Well here are the Suns numbers compared to 2013: Note: Neither Hawthorn (17.7k) or Richmond (19.4k) played on the Gold Coast in 2013 but both crowd were well above the Suns average in 2013.

Lions
    2013: 12,961
    2014: 16,593
    Change: 3632 increase

Giants
    2013: 13,080
    2014: 11,504
    Change: 1576 decrease

That's an increase of 2056 patrons when compared to 2013. Okay, maybe it's Queensland then?

Broncos
    2013: 30,480
    2014: 37,954 (so far)

Lions
    2013: 21,082
    2014: 21,521 (so far)

Cowboys
    2013: 14,112
    2014: 14,135 (so far)

Once again, all those teams are up on their 2013 averages. Now maybe there are some teams in Sydney that aren't going so well but why should the Titans be compared to them? They shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Who has been saying Titans crowds are going up? No one.
    I wasn't implying someone was saying crowds have been going up because clearly they haven't. I was trying to point out that there is enough evidence now to say that weather and other factors aren't the only reason crowds have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I have to be convinced that we have a team worth watching.
    I suppose this is the biggest problem. They have proven it doesn't make a difference even if the team is sitting on top of the ladder. The question is - what do they have to do to turn the public's perception around? Results aren't good enough anymore.