Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

We all thought the crowd of just over 9,000 was about right. What we thought was strange was the crowd looked about the same as the tigers crowd which was announced as 12,000 which was obviously fudged.
    But then again if the Suns want to play the fictional crowd figures game we may as well also. I went to a few Suns games last year and the crowd was inflated by a lot at every game I attended when you consider what the capacity is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We all thought the crowd of just over 9,000 was about right. What we thought was strange was the crowd looked about the same as the tigers crowd which was announced as 12,000 which was obviously fudged.
    But then again if the Suns want to play the fictional crowd figures game we may as well also. I went to a few Suns games last year and the crowd was inflated by a lot at every game I attended when you consider what the capacity is.
    Kinda hard to compare the two. All three pictures are from each team's first home game this year. I know the Suns picture only shows a few sections but I was at the game and almost all sections resembled the ones in that picture. You can use the sun as an excuse for the second picture but the third picture shows the shaded western side not much more full. I don't have picture but the southern ends was nearly empty as well.

I was at both games that you have photo shopped up there mate. People will criticise you for putting a wide shot of Skilled and a tight shot of Metricon but they would be missing the point.

Suns are on the way up and we are on the way down.

They have their Derby this Saturday. The Lions are in HORRENDOUS shape so if that game outdraws the Titans - Broncos we will officially be the second most popular team in town.

the AFL pic is taken near the end of the game on a nice night, the NRL one is during the warm up before half the crowd came in on a hot as Fuark day.

Suns clearly had more people (maybe by double), so theres no need for unfair comparisons.

As for dropping crowds. Even the top teams in AFL and NRL are dropping crowd sizes this year. its almost a battle to have the least negative growth...positives will be few and far between across both codes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I was at both games that you have photo shopped up there mate. People will criticise you for putting a wide shot of Skilled and a tight shot of Metricon but they would be missing the point.

They have their Derby this Saturday. The Lions are in HORRENDOUS shape so if that game outdraws the Titans - Broncos we will officially be the second most popular team in town.
    I actually didn't photoshop the Suns picture, it was just the only one I could find of the crowd on Twitter. I could not find any wide shots from that game. I had a little harder look and found this:

That's the other end of the stadium for anyone that is unfamiliar with Metricon Stadium.

I'd be shocked if the Lions game at Metricon oudrew the Broncos game at Robina. Anyway, back on topic. What sort of crowd are people expecting for the Broncos game? They sit second on the ladder so you'd think at least 20k?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    the AFL pic is taken near the end of the game on a nice night, the NRL one is during the warm up before half the crowd came in on a hot as Fuark day.

Suns clearly had more people (maybe by double), so theres no need for unfair comparisons.
    I actually thought that second picture was while the game was on (you can see the players on the field?) but in the interest of fairness I'll post another photo that was taken at half time. You can see both the northern and southern ends are near empty and virtually the entire second tier on the western side is also empty. The eastern side looks impressive but only about half of the stand was full because the bottom half was in direct sunlight.

Last edited by CoastSportsFan; 02-04-14 at 12:04 AM.

We should deploy people with clicker counters at every entrance.

Or deploy a photographer to take pictures of every quadrant at a game 10mins into the 2nd half. Count them manually.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 02-04-14 at 02:53 AM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

CSF, those two pictures are pretty bad examples if your trying to compare crowds. the Metricon one is taken looking along the seating which naturally gives the impression of that it's pretty well a full house. And yet, the C Bus Stadium one is taken straight across the other side of the stadium which reveals all the empty seats.

So it'd only be fair to show pictures from similar angles at each Stadium. All you've done by posting those examples is reveal what a lot of us have believed for some time..

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Yup, We'd be a gaggle of geese if we tried to deny that..
    Last edited by Toads; 02-04-14 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I actually thought that second picture was while the game was on (you can see the players on the field?) but in the interest of fairness I'll post another photo that was taken at half time.

CSF, why do you come on here and annoy us all even when we agree with you? If you do in fact have some mental ******ation, now would be a good time to tell us so we don't feel bad later.

You have posted Titans pics taken before the game even starts, then at half time when most people go to take a pizz, buy a hotdog or refresh their beers and claim to have posted these pics in the "interest of fairness".

Everyone agrees with you that our crowds are bad, and are getting worse. We get it mate. You don't need to post BS pics to support an argument when there is no argument. You also don't have to confirm what a trolling fool you are. We all agree on that too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    CSF, those two pictures are pretty bad examples if your trying to compare crowds. the Metricon one is taken looking along the seating which naturally gives the impression of that it's pretty well a full house. And yet, the C Bus Stadium one is taken straight across the other side of the stadium which reveals all the empty seats.

So it'd only be fair to show pictures from similar angles at each Stadium. All you've done by posting those examples is reveal what a lot of us have believed for some time..
    They were the only pictures I could find! I looked for a wide shot of the Suns game for a while but without taking a screenshot from the video highlights (it's blurry and hard to see the second tier) I couldn't actually find anything else. Next time I'll take the pictures myself to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

CSF, why do you come on here and annoy us all even when we agree with you? If you do in fact have some mental ******ation, now would be a good time to tell us so we don't feel bad later.

You have posted Titans pics taken before the game even starts, then at half time when most people go to take a pizz, buy a hotdog or refresh their beers and claim to have posted these pics in the "interest of fairness".

Everyone agrees with you that our crowds are bad, and are getting worse. We get it mate. You don't need to post BS pics to support an argument when there is no argument. You also don't have to confirm what a trolling fool you are. We all agree on that too.
    I don't intend to annoy you, I just saw what Mexican titan posted about the two clubs fudging crowds and I disagreed with him so I tried to provide some photographic evidence. Okay, first of all, everyone is ignoring the third picture I posted that is clearly in game/just before the game starts because you can see the players on the field. I'll post it again just so there is no confusion.

Secondly, I don't think what I've said has been out of line. It's a thread about Titans crowds and I didn't mention the Suns until someone else brought them up first. Are we not allowed to have a discussion and compare the two when someone brings them up? Either way, I've constantly tried to get back on topic in this thread and I'm being called a troll for disagreeing with someone? Come on.

Whiz, I'm on a diet, so no more talk of hotdogs please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Okay, first of all, everyone is ignoring the third picture I posted that is clearly in game/just before the game starts because you can see the players on the field. I'll post it again just so there is no confusion.
    I tried to stay out of this but the 3rd picture is not 'clearly' in game/just before game time as they are warming up. Easily 10 minutes before game start time as half the squad have their training shirts on (Bailey as an example)... They then go back to the sheds for their motivational talk (massive LOL) from Cartwright. You say you go to Titans games, if you do then you are not very observant. Even my 8 year old Grandson knows of the routines before game time.

But as Whiz says, we all know crowds are down and won't go up anytime soon. Only way they can go up is if we win consistently. But even then it will be in dribs and drabs. I felt like defending you in the past sometimes CSF but I give up now.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 02-04-14 at 04:12 PM.

[QUOTE=shamus;340511][QUOTE=CoastSportsFan;340503]Okay, first of all, everyone is ignoring the third picture I posted that is clearly in game/just before the game starts because you can see the players on the field. I'll post it again just so there is no confusion.

I tried to stay out of this but the 3rd picture is not 'clearly' in game/just before game time as they are warming up. Easily 10 minutes before game start time as half the squad have their training shirts on (Bailey as an example)... They then go back to the sheds for their motivational talk (massive LOL) from Cartwright. You say you go to Titans games, if you do then you are not very observant. Even my 8 year old Grandson knows of the routines before game time.
    Yes the photo is clearly well before the game starts. I sit at the back of that western area and at this time there were a couple of hundred people behind the glass having lunch at a corporate do. They only took up their seats as the game was about to start.
    I appreciate your points of view CSF and I agree the first Suns crowd this year was fairly close to what was announced but I have no doubt that last year they were inflating crowds big time.
    I think we have now done this discussion to its natural death.

Banned

I just can't have a conversation on here without being called an AFL troll. Yes, I like both sports. Get over it. I'm sorry that I don't pay much attention to the pre-game warm ups the players do (I never played any code of footy growing up) but I did say "just before the game" and I would have thought 10 mins before the game would fall under the category of just before the game.

We were having a conversation about Titans crowds in the Titans crowds thread and I made what I believe to be an extremely on topic reply and everyone jumps down my throat and thinks I have ulterior motives. Many people in this thread have already stated the Suns crowd was larger than that of the Titans so I don't see the need to bring that up but everyone thinks that is the point I was trying to make. No, I was replying to someone who stated the crowds were fudged and I believed that to be untrue because I was there. I apologise to Mexican titan because he was not specific in that he meant last year's crowds.

Now, can we finally move on and talk about the Broncos crowd?

For me while the crowd numbers are a bit of a worry I think that the crowd numbers that have turned up to games is fair. I say that because our first home game was against the Tigers on a really hot Sunday the Cowboys on a Monday night. Like many disappointed with the NRL schedule for the Cowboy game but what can you do??

I would be more worried if we are in round 12 and we are in the top 4 and crowd numbers are lower than 13k for each game. That to me would indicate a Poor Supporter Culture in which all the troubles of the past with the club and the lack of a true Marque signing have taken there toll on GC population base.

As we all have agreed. We need to win games in a pretty convincing manner for the people of the GC ( more so fence sitters) to return to watching the games live. I think that the Fence Sitters need to have confidence that they will go to the game expecting nothing more than a comprehensive win.