Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I don't think that it is possible to avoid another drop in crowd averages.

7 consecutive seasons of plunging crowds is a sickening disgrace.
    You don't think there is anything that could be done to achieve a crowd average above 14,028 in 2014? I would suggest the team doing well would increase crowds but even when they were entrenched in the top 6 last year they were still pulling poor crowds. What could possibly be done to buck the trend?

What doesn't really make sense is the team made a semi in 2009 and a prelim in 2010 yet the crowd average dropped?

If we can't draw big for Cowboys games and Broncos, Dragons and Warriors, we are sunk.

If the Broncos are playing well perhaps they will help fill the stadium. Same with Warriors.

Our fan development and event promotion has been neglected for years.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

If we can't draw big for Cowboys games and Broncos, Dragons and Warriors, we are sunk.

If the Broncos are playing well perhaps they will help fill the stadium. Same with Warriors.

Our fan development and event promotion has been neglected for years.
    I'm going to presume you mean Rabbitohs (20k in 2013) instead of Dragons (12k in 2013). Those three homes games (Broncos, Rabbitohs and Warriors) are crucial to the crowd average and they really have to pull at least 60,000 over those three to have a shot at bettering last year's average.

I hear you about the lack of fan development and event promotion. I'm not really sure why they don't though. I remember back in 2007 when they started they were heavily involved in those types of activities. Perhaps they just don't have the money in the budget anymore?

With the weather I think we will get around 11k.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

With the weather I think we will get around 11k.
    Sadly, I think you'll be counting legs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sadly, I think you'll be counting legs.
    Trying to be optimistic early in the season. But yea...

Banned

Official crowd for the Cowboys game: 9482

That is the worst crowd the Titans have EVER pulled. Can't even blame the rain because it didn't hit until half time.

Blame the scheduling, should have been promoted as a QLD derby once again we get screwed by the NRL with terrible scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Official crowd for the Cowboys game: 9482

That is the worst crowd the Titans have EVER pulled. Can't even blame the rain because it didn't hit until half time.
    You can blame the rain to some extent because people make decision on attending games hours in advance, even the day before.

Saying it "didnt hit until half time" is laughable.

Closer to 6k
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Closer to 6k
    its harder to judge now that most people have moved to the eastern side. but yeah i think 9 is a stretch. and probably only half of them paid... shiiiiit thats not enough people to keep the lights on surely.

Banned

You can blame the rain to some extent because people make decision on attending games hours in advance, even the day before.
    Fair call. I just didn't think it would affect it that much.

Back on the topic of avoiding another drop in crowd averages, I've worked out that the Titans need to pull at least 146,828 attendees to their next 10 home games to avoid another drop. The next three games against the Broncos, Rabbitohs and Warriors are absolutely crucial. Let's just say they get the same total as last year which is 58,927 (22,749+20,392+15,786) over the three games, then they need pull 87,901 over their next 7 games to avoid the drop in crowds. That's an average of 12,557 over those 7 games. Kinda hard to believe it'll happen considering neither of their two home games this year have managed a crowd of 12.5k.

So either the crowds for the lower drawing games improve or the three marquee games (Broncos, Rabbitohs and Warriors) draw bigger crowds than last year. If neither happen then it's another year of dropping crowds.

Banned

It's worth mentioning that the Warriors game last year was affected by going to head to head with an All Blacks game so you would expect the crowd to be bigger this year but perhaps the South Sydney game will be lower this year considering the Rabbitohs were top of the ladder going into the game at Robina, while they sit 14th on the ladder now. The Broncos game really needs to pull upwards of 22,000 to have a shot at avoiding another crowd dropping year.

with the brand of footy we're playing a drop in numbers is inevitable ... winning ugly is only good for commentary and coach speak
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I thought I heard the announcer saying that there was a crowd of 12,483 there last night. Fudged figures whatever they mention, but yeah..