Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    You can always find a reason not to go to a sporting event if you're looking for it...
    And YOU can always find a negative when YOU are looking for it.

What sort of afl troll thinks Origin doesn't affect NZ RL fans because they are not "involved" in Origin.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 23-05-14 at 06:38 AM.

1. Titans are on a two match losing streak and appear to be slipping.
    2. Bird, Myles and Sezer are all missing.
    3. It's been raining over night and expected to rain today.

So does this mean the Titans are going to suffer the same fate on Saturday?
    Yes probably...and it's hardly brilliant logic.

1. Titans are on a two match losing streak and appear to be slipping.
    What do you mean by "slipping"? Are you referring to our tenuous grip on a top eight spot on the back of our pathetically one-dimensional game plan or perhaps our losing the last vestiges of sanity after the coaches' have thrown all the players names in the air and then selected them blindfolded in the order that they pick them up? For God's sake man, make yourself clear!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    And YOU can always find a negative when YOU are looking for it.

What sort of afl troll thinks Origin doesn't affect NZ RL fans because they are not "involved" in Origin.
    Two factors here that made me think Origin may not affect the Warriors as much as other teams. Firstly, the Warriors don't have any players involved in Origin so far this year. Secondly, they only travel to south east QLD twice a year at most. There is a large population of NZers in south east QLD and I thought they may be more keen to see their team due to the fact that they don't have many chances.

As I've already stated, this appears to not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yes probably...and it's hardly brilliant logic.
    Right but you used the same logic to explain the well below average Broncos crowd last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    What do you mean by "slipping"? Are you referring to our tenuous grip on a top eight spot on the back of our pathetically one-dimensional game plan or perhaps our losing the last vestiges of sanity after the coaches' have thrown all the players names in the air and then selected them blindfolded in the order that they pick them up? For God's sake man, make yourself clear!
    Probably all of the above. The team just appears to be on a downward spiral at the moment which will result in less interest from the GC public.

Two factors here that made me think Origin may not affect the Warriors as much as other teams. Firstly, the Warriors don't have any players involved in Origin so far this year. Secondly, they only travel to south east QLD twice a year at most. There is a large population of NZers in south east QLD and I thought they may be more keen to see their team due to the fact that they don't have many chances.

As I've already stated, this appears to not be the case.

Right but you used the same logic to explain the well below average Broncos crowd last year.

Mate, do you find that people you talk to have an urge to choke you, or worse. You remind me of a nagging bloody ex. Never effing wrong and always must have the last word.
    You initially started off by wondering about the drawing power of the Warriors and trying to explain why the crowd last year was low. I and others gave you reasons and now somehow you understood this all along. I am lost but I'm not going any further with this.
    Don't feel obliged to respond, in fact I would be grateful if you didn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate, do you find that people you talk to have an urge to choke you, or worse. You remind me of a nagging bloody ex. Never effing wrong and always must have the last word.
    You initially started off by wondering about the drawing power of the Warriors and trying to explain why the crowd last year was low. I and others gave you reasons and now somehow you understood this all along. I am lost but I'm not going any further with this.
    Don't feel obliged to respond, in fact I would be grateful if you didn't.
    No I was pointing to previous crowds to show that Origin DID affect Warriors crowds. I said that from the very first post. The goal was to show the crowd for tomorrow's game probably will be lower than it should be.

That's funny that you accuse me of always wanting to have the last word and then in your last sentence tell me not to respond. Hypocrite much?

Tips for crowd today?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

I'm going to say 16k.

Banned

18,753 is the reported figure.

Yeah I would think that was about right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Yeah I would think that was about right.
    Yeah looks right to me from what I can see on TV. For anyone who is curious, they'll need to average a crowd of 12,634 over their next 7 home games to avoid another year of crowds dropping.

Credit where it's due. They have bettered last season's crowd against the Warriors tonight by around 3k which is a good effort.

Of course, what did you expect, they picked the Total Package?

Hoping for a healthy crowd on historical figures. We should definitely get a few thousands more on last year's woeful crowd.

Panthers are going well, although don't have much away support up here. Although I do know a surprising number of Panthers fans in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

2013: 8,050
    2012: 11,591
    2011: 12,262
    2010: 15,430
    2009: N/A
    2008: 17,759
    2007: N/A

Tickets available HERE
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think is an attractive game, tbh. Players returning, good chance of a win ... can't wait ... expect 18k+ if the weather's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think is an attractive game, tbh. Players returning, good chance of a win ... can't wait ... expect 18k+ if the weather's good.
    18K? Gee I hope you are right but I thought about 14k would be tops, good weather or not.