Default Melbourne signs Tigerair as official airline

Melbourne Storm signs Tigerair as official airline partner

Tigerair CEO Rob Sharp (l) and Melbourne Storm CEO Mark Evans (r) display the Tigerair logo on the back of the Melbourne Storm jersey.

The Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club has signed a two-year deal with Tigerair, with the low-cost airline to become the club’s official airline partner. Storm and Tigerair first partnered for the final rounds of the 2013 season with the deal now increased to include the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

The partnership will deliver a wide range of marketing opportunities designed to bring Tigerair closer to Storm’s fan base. The Tigerair logo will appear on the lower back position of the Storm jersey.

Tigerair commercial director Carly Brear commented: “Tigerair is proud to call Victoria home and we’re thrilled to confirm our support as official airline for Melbourne’s NRL team for the upcoming 2014 and 2015 seasons. There are many mutually beneficial opportunities we can leverage from this exciting partnership with Melbourne Storm.

Tigerair already flies to the majority of the destinations on the NRL calendar. Brear said the airline was about to embark on” a significant phase of growth, which will see more routes and new destinations launching over the next few years”.

http://australianaviation.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good for Tiger Air to be associated with the Melbourne Storm but I would say if past reputation continues it would be a detriment to the Storm's reputation.

Well now that Virgin own them, hopefully that will turn around.

I wish Tiger and the Storm the best and hope it's more useful to fans than our airline sponsor ever was.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hmm...I can see Storm forfeiting a few away games next season..

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Hmm...I can see Storm forfeiting a few away games next season..
    Haha...I was thinking the same thing!