Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Broncos Fortress at Lang Park

From the NRL franchise that brought you rally towels and any number of corporate abominations masquerading as supporter groups... Are the Broncos finally headed in the right direction with a GA section?

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Who cares ??
    #itaintweaktospeak

Honestly they should've had it years ago. Better late than never though

We'll seeming as they are the sole flag bearer for the NRL in our sports 2nd largest city. I do kind of care.

I'm sure some how they will screw it up though. Doesn't help chopping and changing every year or two.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I don't think many Broncos fans will take this up, because it might require you to stay until the end, even if your team is being beaten by more than 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I don't think many Broncos fans will take this up, because it might require you to stay until the end, even if your team is being beaten by more than 8 points.

They do have a habit of "Abandoning Ship" when they are on the wrong side of the scoreboard
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

They do have a habit of "Abandoning Ship"
    I think you made a typo there Pete, if you are referring to the 2013 Bronco's effort.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I think you made a typo there Pete, if you are referring to the 2013 Bronco's effort.
    Hahaha!

THE Broncos want to inject life into their "comatose" supporters and have called on them to take up the chant to make Suncorp Stadium a fortress.

Challenging fans to take inspiration from England's Barmy Army, the Broncos are keen to promote greater involvement from fans next season after scathing feedback from their own members and fans in a post-season survey.

Lack of atmosphere was a key finding from the more than 2200 respondents who suggested Broncos fans have lost their voices in recent seasons as the club's home fortunes have struggled.

"A lot of fans of the Broncos are comatose. I have been to Sydney and Melbourne to watch the Broncos play and I am ashamed to say those fans make more noise than our home supporters at Suncorp Stadium," wrote one fan.

"We need a chant. There is something so powerful about a crowd chanting and getting their team over the finish line. Atmosphere is so critical."

The Broncos have responded to the feedback and have offered discounted memberships to fans who want to fill the role of "chant champions" at every home game next season.

"The Broncos don't have a great home ground record since 2003 so a vocal, vibrant, chanting, supercharged crowd will certainly lift our players on the field and add to everyone's big game enjoyment," the club said.

"The club would love some 'Chant Champions' to make themselves known to us and we would heavily support a united group of them to lead a vocal section that inspires the rest of the stadium.

"We would consider discounted membership, 'Chant Champion' merchandise and instruments, in return for your inspiration at every home game.

"The club warmly invites all members and fans to supply us with crowd chants or songs in the short, 'easy to remember' style and tunes of cricket's Barmy Army.

"We would support the crowd learning these chants on the big screen with the ground announcer and via our website, emails and social media channels.

"A vocal stadium 'Fortress' section armed with Chant Champions and a Broncos songbook could be the massive hit of 2014."

Courier-Mail Website

Maybe it is a QLD thing that our supporters at NRL level are so quiet...the Titans crowd in general is regularly out-enthused by the opposition's supporters.
    I do like the fact that the Broncos Club is supporting this initiative and appears to be doing anything they can to promote loud and proud supporters.

Well QLD NRL clubs do nothing to encourage passionate support. Though they excel at lip service and have tin ears.

Well done to the Broncos who seem to be listening now and to their long suffering fans, at least atmospherewise.

Well QLD NRL clubs do nothing to encourage passionate support. Though they excel at lip service and have tin ears.

Well done to the Broncos who seem to be listening now and to their long suffering fans, at least atmospherewise.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

In the Titans defence, they offered Aluminium Boy and myself discounted memberships to rev the crowd, but there were huge restrictions placed on what we could and couldn't do. Jeff Reibel and David May had the foresight to get this happening, but it's all over now obviously. I think they might still subsidize certain Legion memberships, but they need to look beyond this section as it holds little effect.

Every supporter's movement needs some crazy loud and proud figureheads that garner exposure and sense of purpose. The Barmy Army is a classic example from starting small to building into something massive. Titus and Aluminium Boy definitely filled those above mentioned criteria.
    The main criteria that seems to be lacking is organisation and high sophistication levels of organisation. This can't be done at volunteer levels...it needs investment to make it work...in essence you reap what you sow!

Titus was brilliant, perfect and just about the best thing in RL in that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titus was brilliant, perfect and just about the best thing in RL in that realm.
    Oh c'mon mate, you're making me blush. Admittedly, I got very frustrated. AB and I were pumping out some catchy little 30 second grabs/songs that had the potential to get the crowd going, but it must have been put in the too-hard basket. That said, I was at Suncorp for Princey's last game and I had the whole southern end going (in full Titus kit), even made the telecast with Rabs having a crack at me! Alas, it was my time in the sun, but now the sun has indeed set!! Bwhahahahahaha