Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: NYC 2014

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great to see Sam Swift on an extended bench this week. A real up and coming talent for the Titans. Also to Sam Grant, who has been playing well in QCup colts, a fitting reward
    I note that in the Instrust Cup Teams for this week, Rd 25, Jahrome Hughes is Fullback again for Tweed Heads & Caleb Morehu has been selected for Burleigh Bears at Lock + Dan Schwass retained his position at 6, therefore Sam Swift & Sam Grant will be in the 17 off the bench and Jayden Connors starts at Fullback for 20s, good to see all round + GO TITANS

Just watching the game against the warriors, gee Brian Kelly
    Reminds me so much of a young David mead, he has some silky skills

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just watching the game against the warriors, gee Brian Kelly
    Reminds me so much of a young David mead, he has some silky skills
    He looks much bigger than Dave but there's a nice bit of skill being shown out there early in the match , Hudson is looking good ATM
    #itaintweaktospeak

What a shame Hudson can't tackle
    #itaintweaktospeak

Great first half by the boys gee their composure is great and they are really sticking it to the big warriors side

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    What a shame Hudson can't tackle
    Hes doing pretty well considering who hes marking lol

This warriors team is a mile bigger than us, we have done pretty well I reckon. Promising signs

Congratulations to Kane Elgey who has been named in the NYC team of the year. A huge achievement considering some of the halves who missed out.

A bit of a review of the 20's game from the weekend. Have watched it twice now that from being there and also watching a replay on TV.

First of all, the size difference was unbelievable. That warriors team was bigger than us in every single position by a fair margin as well. The fact that we could front up physically was huge. Poor Huddo had Solomone Kata running at him..Solomone would look big in NRL and besides that 1 on 1 miss, Huddo did pretty well really and didn't back down. Warriors also pulled down Hukatai from NSW cup and Broadhurst did a good job on him too.

In my opinion our best player was Jayden Connors. The work he did off the ball as well was instrumental to our defence..barking orders from the back. He looked to get involved in absolutely everything and showed plenty of class on attack and was the one who looked most likely to create anything. Also was incredibly active in support play, following up through the middle and getting a few offloads and half breaks as a consequence. Was nice to see that from a fullback in a Titans jersey. Didn't back down in defence either. For a bloke who is 73kg, he fronts up. Presto-esque. Comes from Tingha as well, funnily enough.

Brian Kelly was another who performed well, safe under the high ball and made good metres to get our sets going. A few have said that he is similar to Mead in his playing style, which is interesting considering that Mead is actually his favourite athlete and he bases his game around him.

Elgey and Deacon performed solid as usual, although the Warriors did target Elgey by rushing on him a lot so he got caught with the ball a few times.

I thought Hayden Schwass went well considering it was his first game in the second row at that level. He added some size to our pack and made some good metres too. Iodice is another who is instrumental to our pack - he's a solid bloke who runs hard and straight.

It's tough to go through every player but I thought there were some really promising signs. We've got some talent coming through, particularly in the backs and I hope that we get to see those players develop.

Of course there were some poor performers..but I'd rather not name them on here and keep it positive. Looking forward to NYC 2015. We're gonna have a strong spine of Lawton/Parrish, Schwass, Fletcher and Connors (if i were to guess it now)

Hope the boys can get the job done against the bulldogs this weekend to finish the season on a high note.

Hail Sezer totally agree with your review, and I have to make mention on how good Jayden was at the back, he is so presto like goes at 100 mile an hours and play well above his weight actually triple above his weight, he added plenty of spark around the ruck and you could see him barking the orders.

Good to see elgey in the holden cup team of the year well deserved

I haven't been able to catch an NYC game for most of the year, so reviews like this are gold HS. Thanks to everyone for keeping the info coming on our juniors. super appreciated.

Seems like Wolfey has to be given a bit of a wrap with what he's done with this young team. Seem to be on the up-and-up. Great to see.

NYC v Titans

Cbus Super Stadium

Sunday, 7 September 12.45pm

BULLDOGS

1. Brendan Cox
    2. Dujuan Manual-Liolevave
    3. Michael Morgan
    4. Renouf To’omaga
    5. Tautalatasi Tasi
    6. Brad Keighran
    7. Guy Hamilton
    8. Jake Kamire
    9. Alex Sorge
    10. Herman Ese’ese
    11. Brandon Luamanu
    12. Shaun Lane
    13. Brock Cope

14. Josh Bergamin
    15. Chad McGill
    16. George Tsikrikis
    17. Darcy Maroske
    19. Marcelo Montoya

Coach: Scott Murray
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    A bit of a review of the 20's game from the weekend. Have watched it twice now that from being there and also watching a replay on TV.

First of all, the size difference was unbelievable. That warriors team was bigger than us in every single position by a fair margin as well. The fact that we could front up physically was huge. Poor Huddo had Solomone Kata running at him..Solomone would look big in NRL and besides that 1 on 1 miss, Huddo did pretty well really and didn't back down. Warriors also pulled down Hukatai from NSW cup and Broadhurst did a good job on him too.

In my opinion our best player was Jayden Connors. The work he did off the ball as well was instrumental to our defence..barking orders from the back. He looked to get involved in absolutely everything and showed plenty of class on attack and was the one who looked most likely to create anything. Also was incredibly active in support play, following up through the middle and getting a few offloads and half breaks as a consequence. Was nice to see that from a fullback in a Titans jersey. Didn't back down in defence either. For a bloke who is 73kg, he fronts up. Presto-esque. Comes from Tingha as well, funnily enough.

Brian Kelly was another who performed well, safe under the high ball and made good metres to get our sets going. A few have said that he is similar to Mead in his playing style, which is interesting considering that Mead is actually his favourite athlete and he bases his game around him.

Elgey and Deacon performed solid as usual, although the Warriors did target Elgey by rushing on him a lot so he got caught with the ball a few times.

I thought Hayden Schwass went well considering it was his first game in the second row at that level. He added some size to our pack and made some good metres too. Iodice is another who is instrumental to our pack - he's a solid bloke who runs hard and straight.

It's tough to go through every player but I thought there were some really promising signs. We've got some talent coming through, particularly in the backs and I hope that we get to see those players develop.

Of course there were some poor performers..but I'd rather not name them on here and keep it positive. Looking forward to NYC 2015. We're gonna have a strong spine of Lawton/Parrish, Schwass, Fletcher and Connors (if i were to guess it now)

Hope the boys can get the job done against the bulldogs this weekend to finish the season on a high note.
    Good review mate & Lonegull is spot on Jayden very Presto like , 4ft nothing with more ticker than most & Brian Kelly looks to be something special in the making & looks be growing into a very Big Human , watch this kid
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

thanks for very good review, yes I thought the team really put in and only some silly mistakes at crucial stages of the game, especially last 10 minutes, cost us the game.
    I agree that Connors and Kelly were outstanding in all facets of game, and on the whole our defence and attitude in defence was outstanding.
    One that I thought who stood out in defence was Coleman, his technique is very good and the right side defence was great.
    Our Centres of Hudson & Broadhurst did a great job against very good centres.
    Looking forward to their final game v Dogs and hope they finish on a hight with a Win & we do have good signs for the future.
    GO TITANS

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, where I said, "right side defence...." meant left side defence