Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC 2014

Default NYC 2014

Is there any news on the make up of the NYC squad for next year

We are going to have a young team with a very good spine.

What exactly do you wanna know mate?

Names of players and a bit of back round

Okay well new coach is the biggest positive. Last years was terrible.

The squad will be much different to last years. The likes of Jahrome Hughes and Kane Elgey will be returning, but there is every chance they could be playing Qcup (which I personally think they should).

We have a promising hooker in Jenan Parrish (Aus schoolboys rep) and have picked up a young promising fullback, Jayden Connors (NSW Country u18). Little bloke but will have a few years in NYC. If Jahrome plays Qcup then Jayden will likely start in NYC at fullback if he can put on a little bit of size in the off season.

Another key player will be Gold Coast junior and former PBC student Shaun Hudson. He's a centre who is a little on the lean side at the moment, but is a very good attacking player who always seems to create time and space when he's got the ball. 2013 Queensland u18 representative.

I'm a little unsure as to who our other option of centre and who our wingers will be. Tevita Folau will be there but it's a question of whether he will be at right centre or on the wing. Unsure. Another option at centre could be Hayden Schwass.

The halves will be the most competitive position. We've got Christian Hazard who we signed from the Rabbitohs u20s, he is very good and training with our NRL squad at the moment. Then we've got Daniel Schwass, a local junior who won the Titans junior player of the year award this year. Then there is also Deacon Fletcher who is from Redcliffe, apparently a "freak" as described by Jenan Parrish and unlucky to miss out on Aus schoolboys; many are saying he outplayed Jackson Hastings. Then there is also Brayden Mcmahon, Keebra half who is in the AIS team. Then also there is obviously Kane Elgey who if he doesn't play Qcup, will be almost certain for a spot in the halves.

That's the backs mostly covered although I likely missed heaps, I'm not as educated on the forwards so i'll let Pete or mdrew take over haha

Many thanks HS, I am sure Mdrew and Pete will keep us updated as well I hope things are on the up in the NYC

Immortal

Good summation on the backs Hail Sezer, it will be interesting to see the make up of the halves especially.

Immortal

Another centre to consider is Brian Kelly from Ballina, he played 1st grade in Lismore at 17 last year and represented NSW CCC in the U18 championships, in the Kevin Gordon mould

Two centres that if injury free that could be good are Jordan Dulay and Rory Humphreys who returned home and was signed to West tigers

Anything to break up the Tigers connection will do me and players coming back is one way to send a message I suppose.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Some of the forwards that will be involved in the squad include:

Jennan Weddernburn-Parrish (hooker) - He is still eligible for MM but is training with the NYC squad and is absolute class, I would expect that he stays in NYC for the entire year.
    Junior Marsters - (hooker) - Member of the Keebra side which won the national GIO final
    Oshae Tuiasau (front row) - Starting frontrower for Keebra, he is big hard running player, who may well start immediately in NYC
    Anthony Coleman (second row) - Started two games late in the 2013 season on the wing, but will transition to second row. He has as good a tackling technique as I have ever seen.
    Mitch Sharp (front row) - Came into the side halfway through this year, coming off the bench in most games. Ran and tackled himself to a stand still, he is not flashy but plays hard.
    Jackson Clarke (second row) - Played a couple of games off the bench and will work all day.
    James Iodice (front row) - Injuries have wrecked the last couple of season for him, but when fit is a leader and if he stays injury free, will surprise everybody who has never seen him play with his skill and determination
    Romney Lavea (front row) - Young giant, who spent the majority of the season playing Qcup colts with Burleigh.
    Doug Faaiu (front row) - Another young giant who just needs to play to develop
    Vili Tuli (front row) - See the two above. All three are around 192cm and 110kg who can run. Lavea and Tuli are ex Keebra and Wests tigers scholarship holders. Obviously our new NYC coach knows his Keebra players.

In short our forward pack will have some size and I guarantee they will be fit. One wildcard is Nathan Wilson, does he play out of dummy half (where he played a portion of the 2013 season) or at half or 5/8, interesting question

Immortal

You can through Josh Berkers in there as well in the backrow. He has also played well at centre and this year at 5/8, but for me, his future is in the backrow.

It's great to see some size coming into the NYC it's something the titans have lacked in the past is some big boppers, looking forward to watching our NYC develop back into a force

Forget everything u remember about our 20's sides of the past this side will be a completely new outfit & the Flogging starts this week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Forget everything u remember about our 20's sides of the past this side will be a completely new outfit & the Flogging starts this week
    Great news finally looks like a competitive NYC

Ethan Clarke is another good prop as well!!!