Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC 2014

yeah he bagged himself a double, burleigh colts are 16 game wins in a row, haven't lost a game since round 3 and just played round 19 on sunday just gone against a tough wynum manly outfit. 4 points clear on top of the ladder with there toughest game of the season coming up in a few weeks against arch rivals redcliffe at redcliffe which will be a tough gig for the bears. however they are just building for finals at the moment. will definitely be a team to watch in the finals series and expecting a minor premiership if they win their next 2 against tweed (this weekend) and redcliffe (9th august) then a seemingly easy run into the finals with norths, souths and toowoomba i believe. burleigh has been blessed by woolf not selecting their key players all year such as the schwass bros, sam grant, connors and josh berkers also. all have had solid years at the bears and still going

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Dan played ok probably could've set Hayden up for a meat pie but there was no love there , i spoke to Hayden after the game & it looked like he was trying to grow another twin from his forehead
    Dan probably tucked the ball and went for it himself, only to be held up by the smallest bloke on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Dan probably tucked the ball and went for it himself, only to be held up by the smallest bloke on the field
    So u have seen him play a bit
    #itaintweaktospeak

I though the Schwass boys have had a run at the 20s Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    yeah he bagged himself a double, burleigh colts are 16 game wins in a row, haven't lost a game since round 3 and just played round 19 on sunday just gone against a tough wynum manly outfit. 4 points clear on top of the ladder with there toughest game of the season coming up in a few weeks against arch rivals redcliffe at redcliffe which will be a tough gig for the bears. however they are just building for finals at the moment. will definitely be a team to watch in the finals series and expecting a minor premiership if they win their next 2 against tweed (this weekend) and redcliffe (9th august) then a seemingly easy run into the finals with norths, souths and toowoomba i believe. burleigh has been blessed by woolf not selecting their key players all year such as the schwass bros, sam grant, connors and josh berkers also. all have had solid years at the bears and still going

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I though the Schwass boys have had a run at the 20s Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I think he means not enough for it to effect Burleighs run. ie not consistent selection, despite form warranting it (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    looks like deacon fletcher is out with a rib injury suffered against the knights, which i believe will see lawton start at hooker and bring jenan onto the bench. However still up in the air and a few other injury concerns, will know more later in the week
    cheers mate, thanks for the info be good to see Jenan back oh and welcome to the forum

Deacon looking likely to play, however if he is injured during warmup then Lawton will play large minutes at hooker and its likely they'll just use a squad of 16.

The Eels team is very big and very good. Going to be tough

Great win boys!!wish I was home to watch you boys go round.GO TITANS!!!!

Great win by the titans over the eels who we're sitting 2nd on the NYC table, a real confidence booster

I wish I couldve seen the game. Sounds like the team really came together well. Well done

It was a very good game & with the amount of Possesion Parra had the final score flattered them , I would love to get hold of John Folou he will cut the mustard
    #itaintweaktospeak

Can anyone who was there give an overview of the game? Who was good?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Can anyone who was there give an overview of the game? Who was good?
    It was the Teams best performance of the year, Parra were a big and mobile team, but our team just stayed in the grind, and finished stronger that Parra. Our Defence, mainly being our attitude in Defence was outstanding and repelled many Parra raids. Our Attack was instigated by our 3 experienced players, being Elgey, Hazard & Jahrome Hughes with the rest of the Team feeding off them. Kelly & Coleman were also outstanding, with Coleman scoring early in half and then setting up Jahrome Hughes with deft pass. Elgey scored great runaway try from our own line. Hazard great in defence and attack. Iodice & Sharpe very strong in the guts. 2nd Half saw us overcome a strong Parra team and high penalty count to finish very strongly with two great finishing trys by Kelly. A Great Team Victory full of courage & ability. GO TITANS.
    p.s imo John Folau (4) is a good player but did show vunerability in defence.

and the score was .... ?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and the score was .... ?
    Titans 36-26 , lead 22-12 @ halftime & 5 minutes into the 2nd half it was 22-22 , boys played well against much bigger opposition
    #itaintweaktospeak