Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Way less value than Bird and certainly no more than Myles who will need to pull his finger out this year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    No more than what Bird or Myles would be on... maybe not even that ......Until he proves his worth do an upgrade.....
    How can he prove his worth? By signing for another club and carving us up?

I can't ever remember Hunt 'carving up' and owning a game like our games real stars.
    From memory he was just another media bloated bronco....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

He is far too underweight to play NRL straight away. When Gasnier returned from RU he struggled because he was too light - Hunt would be even worse.

He is not the sort of player we want. I'm sick of all this marquee rubbish. We are becoming like Parramatta...

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    How can he prove his worth? By signing for another club and carving us up?
    Yeah good point. However I feel that he has been out of League for too long. When he left league he has, for his age achieved a fair bit and he no doubt had a huge amount of ability. However he looks like he has lost a fiat bit of bulk and as somebody has already mentioned it will take him about 12 months to get back to size and as a business you would not want to spend $550 k plus in the first year just to wait for Hunt to get back to size.

It won't take him a year to get back to size. If he was trying to get to a size beyond what he had been before then sure. But the human body responds differently if it has been that size before. A change in diet is all it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    It won't take him a year to get back to size. If he was trying to get to a size beyond what he had been before then sure. But the human body responds differently if it has been that size before. A change in diet is all it would take.
    Cool. Thanks for that. Learn something new everyday.

So r we after anyone else for THIS year

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    So r we after anyone else for THIS year
    I'd hope not because the season is well over.

In all seriousness I have no clue who else we would be chasing. By all reports we are pushing on the cap already and I'm pretty happy with the squad tbh. More fullback depth would be nice although it looks like Jahrome will fill that 3rd in line for fullback spot.

EDIT: and no that does not mean I am content with Zillman at fullback lol. Meady in the #1 for 2014 and i'll be happy.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 08-11-13 at 10:55 PM.

I'm concerned about Zillys fitness overall. At the back half of this year he was a week to week prospect with no real timeframe for the injury that he had to get Better. Can't remember what unjust it was that he had but on the report about Titams back at training it said that Zilly was in the rehab group. Just wonder if his injury have become chronic ? I'm glad we have Mead , Hughes to cover that spot now. But agree with most that Mead should be our fullback first and foremost.

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright wants code-hopper Karmichael Hunt at the Titans

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright says Karmichael Hunt is the type of player the Titans have to make room for at the club. Hunt, who quit rugby league four years ago to play in the AFL, is off contract with the Gold Coast Suns AFL club at the end of next season.According to Cartwright, the former Test star is a winner."I think he has established himself, as far as the Gold Coast is his home now,"

Cartwright told The Australian. Gold Coast Titans and Gold coast Suns at a one-off training session where the clubs traded tips on defence and ball skills. Karmichael Hunt and Nate Myles catch up. Pic Glenn Hampson Source: News Limited "He has been here for a while and I have read where he loves living in the area. There is not much pressure, it is laid-back, people are more receptive.

"From a league perspective, he is just a winner. He has been a winner from a very young age. He has become a leader in a game which is pretty new to him. Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar. End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"If he was available, he is the sort of guy you just have to find room for. He can play in so many different positions. It's not like you're going to get Karmichael here to play a certain position. He covers so many positions and he is fantastic at all of them.

"To put it simply, if he was available we would love to be able to add him to the squad.

"He is a great leader of men from what I have seen, and a fantastic rugby league player."Cartwright said since Hunt's defection to the red ball code, it appears that the superstar has acquired leadership qualities similar to that of the game's most senior players.

"I don't know him all that well," Cartwright said. Gold Coast Suns recovery session at Kurrawa. Karmichael Hunt. Source: News Limited

"I was involved in the rep side when he was very young. Just the way he went about his business, then at a very young age, it just looks like from the outside looking in he has just matured as a senior player.

"He is a winner. He is a Cameron Smith, I would say he would have that type of influence on a team. He is a natural winner."

While Cameron Smith's name is the most talked about of the off-contract stars for season 2015,

Cartwright has all but ruled out a courtship of the Australian skipper.Cartwright believes the Titans could not compete with the powerhouse clubs based in Sydney or the Brisbane Broncos. Steve Menzies beats the grasping tackle of Karmichael hunt to score during Manly's victory 30-12. Source: News Limited

"I don't think we would be able to afford him to be honest with you," Cartwright said.

"You would have to have a big corporate backing to get Cameron. He has established himself that well in the game that he is going to be one of the highest-paid, if not the highest-paid, player in the game. -

See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Million-dollar lure to keep code-hopper Karmichael Hunt at the Gold Coast Suns
    KARMICHAEL Hunt will pocket another $1 million a year to stay at the Suns as the AFL prepare to again flex their financial muscle to ward off the NRL.

The AFL's chief executive Andrew Demetriou is an ardent admirer of Hunt and has vowed to help the Suns keep him in the AFL.

Hunt's future has been the subject of widespread speculation this post-season as NRL clubs see an opportunity to bring the former Bronco, *Origin and Australian star back to rugby league.

The 27-year-old has been out of reach for most NRL clubs since switching codes because of AFL promotional top-ups that sit outside the salary cap push his annual wage to about $1m.
    I told you they would prop up his contract. He's not coming back to the NRL.

More salary cap rorts by the AFL themselves.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    More salary cap rorts by the AFL themselves.
    Oh but it's for developing clubs they. On this occasion I think it is as much to save face in not losing a player (back) to the NRL. He was good PR value for a couple of years but anyone who thinks he justifies $1 million plus now is kidding themselves.
    The money the AFL are wasting on this type of exercise and particularly GWS to so they can try and take over is crazy.

I cant believe Victorian clubs cop this. Such loop holes have gifted Premierships to clubs in Rugby League states.