Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I made a special effort and paid to fly to cairns, stay in cairns and pay 60 per ticket ( I have two memberships which gets me and my daughter to 12 games a year for 200 total.) and they just wandered off.

They did the same at Darwin or wherever where they were specifically in town to promote rugby league and couldn't even do a lap... Disgraceful.

They need to go above and beyond to create loyal promoters of there brand. Not take it for granted and complain they don't get support.
    This was my beef. Three tickets CNS/DRW/BNE instead of CNS/BNE plus accommodation, gate tickets that I had to call favours in to get, etc ... you're so right ... disgraceful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Interesting to note that in the Titans email today there was an article about Christmas carols at Skilled Park and there was a note that people could park at the Town Centre and catch the shuttle. Why can we not do this for Titans games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Interesting to note that in the Titans email today there was an article about Christmas carols at Skilled Park and there was a note that people could park at the Town Centre and catch the shuttle. Why can we not do this for Titans games.
    I mentioned this before.....You CAN park at RTC...It all depends on what time shopping hours are. It may not be common knowledge but (as mentioned) you maybe turned away (although no one appears to monitor it) at peak times.

I would also suggest you ensure the section you park is is not lockable.

But why would you park at RTC? It is a longer walk than the train station?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I mentioned this before.....You CAN park at RTC...It all depends on what time shopping hours are. It may not be common knowledge but (as mentioned) you maybe turned away (although no one appears to monitor it) at peak times.

I would also suggest you ensure the section you park is is not lockable.

But why would you park at RTC? It is a longer walk than the train station?
    It is a shame it is not common knowledge as many people would use it. The adverts in the paper still say that there is no parking in the Skilled Park area. Are the signs still in the carparks at Robina TC saying that there is no football parking?
    I know the train station is closer but not every one comes by train (or busses from the park and ride).
    The bottom line is that if people were able to drive and get a park then our crowds would increase, I have no doubt.

Banned

Robina Town Centre is still a fair walk from the stadium. What about parking at Varsity or Nerang station and catching the train to Robina?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Robina Town Centre is still a fair walk from the stadium. What about parking at Varsity or Nerang station and catching the train to Robina?
    I really really don't get it!

Please name me an NRL stadium in SE Qld (that narrows it down) that you can park at? I honestly do not understand what the fuss is about. Park and ride, or catch the freakin' train! Get over it!!

Oh, CSF......I jumped in here and tagged your post and ignored you...sorry. But it doesn't matter what station you choose to park at, it all leads to the same place.

BTW...Suns fans don't get it so easy either. They have the 'parking lot' across the road from the stadium (or park and ride) but I reckin' a Titans supporter would be home quicker than a Suns fan.

Please someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Please name me an NRL stadium in SE Qld (that narrows it down) that you can park at? I honestly do not understand what the fuss is about. Park and ride, or catch the freakin' train! Get over it!!

Oh, CSF......I jumped in here and tagged your post and ignored you...sorry. But it doesn't matter what station you choose to park at, it all leads to the same place.

BTW...Suns fans don't get it so easy either. They have the 'parking lot' across the road from the stadium (or park and ride) but I reckin' a Titans supporter would be home quicker than a Suns fan.

OK, you're totally wrong, and here's the reasons why.....

Umm, actually, you're 100% right. Apart from the fact we currently go on a scenic tour while they fix the goat track, I don't know how easy it needs to be to get to the stadium.
    Like you said, parking at the RTC is further than public transport options (park and ride or train) and the walk from any of these is hardly gruelling.
    I remember being stuck in Carrarra carparks for hours back in the early days, so this is about as good as it gets. Not to mention all public transport is free with a game day ticket.

So, parking and transport is not a reason for people not to go IMO. When I drive to Lang Park I have to pay overs to park at Roma St and when I take the train I still have much further to walk and I am surrounded by broncos fans who stayed until the end. They are the worst! They either stayed because they won, or even worse, they stayed and the Broncos still lost.
    Actually, that makes me happy.

If the walk from the station was more appealing and contained somewhere where people could congregate eg. Club House or a pub or even a coffee joint and the walk was not like going on a cross country walk across stones that can make it uneven...then I don't think people would be complaining as much!
    It just looks soooooo unappealing to walk the barren wasteland around Skilled Stadium!
    I agree I never hear people complain about walking to Suncorp Stadium because it is soooooo civil and at least there is something to look at!

What you mentioned there, hammer. Is why I think the Titans should abandon Robina 'n try 'n strike up a deal to setup Southport Tigers as their home ground.

Whether others want to admit it or not, Southport will be the place to be, post Commonwealth Games as all the infrastructure will be there, along with Chinatown and various Cafes 'n Restaurants, and Southport will once again become the bustling CBD of the Coast that it once was.

Banned

I guess it's just people on the GC being picky about watching sport. If everything involved is pleasant then they'll go otherwise they'll find an excuse not to go.

That's not actually true anymore about the Suns fans. The car park across the road from the stadium is now very small and it requires a sticker that you have to pre-purchase. I know because I tried to park there once during one of their games. Majority of people get there via shuttles and Nerang train station now. Something Titans fans should be doing...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, you're totally wrong, and here's the reasons why.....

Umm, actually, you're 100% right. Apart from the fact we currently go on a scenic tour while they fix the goat track, I don't know how easy it needs to be to get to the stadium.
    Like you said, parking at the RTC is further than public transport options (park and ride or train) and the walk from any of these is hardly gruelling.
    I remember being stuck in Carrarra carparks for hours back in the early days, so this is about as good as it gets. Not to mention all public transport is free with a game day ticket.

So, parking and transport is not a reason for people not to go IMO. When I drive to Lang Park I have to pay overs to park at Roma St and when I take the train I still have much further to walk and I am surrounded by broncos fans who stayed until the end. They are the worst! They either stayed because they won, or even worse, they stayed and the Broncos still lost.
    Actually, that makes me happy.
    People just seem to find a reason to not go to Robina Stadium anymore. True fans wouldn't care about the non-taxing walk but then again we have to ask how many true fans do we actually have and how many of them are just casual fans?

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    If the walk from the station was more appealing and contained somewhere where people could congregate eg. Club House or a pub or even a coffee joint and the walk was not like going on a cross country walk across stones that can make it uneven...then I don't think people would be complaining as much!
    It just looks soooooo unappealing to walk the barren wasteland around Skilled Stadium!
    I agree I never hear people complain about walking to Suncorp Stadium because it is soooooo civil and at least there is something to look at!
    Surely we're getting a little too precious to ask for a scenic tour on the way to the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    What you mentioned there, hammer. Is why I think the Titans should abandon Robina 'n try 'n strike up a deal to setup Southport Tigers as their home ground.

Whether others want to admit it or not, Southport will be the place to be, post Commonwealth Games as all the infrastructure will be there, along with Chinatown and various Cafes 'n Restaurants, and Southport will once again become the bustling CBD of the Coast that it once was.
    Can't see it happening. There isn't enough land in Southport to support large grandstands and other things that are necessary for a stadium. The best bet would be to move back to Carrara but I can see why people wouldn't want to do that.

The club really needs to put a strategic plan in place to address this issue

Hire a consulting firm to do the job, that way all of the issues raised by the fans will be seriously considered in terms of future recommendation's to grow the fan base

Davis May acknowledged this was an issue, however with no board nothing is going to move forward and a problem such as this in my view should be managed with an independent and professional approach

A point that seems to be missed here is that any Transport / public infrastructure issues can , for the most part be solved by the Local / State / Federal government or Translink for the Buses and trains all of which the Titans and the Suns for that matter have no control over..

I think from memory the reason we walk along the " Goat Track " is that a while back they opened all the area up. Unfortunately some of the land in direct walking distance from the Train Station is Privately owned. When it was opened up somebody walking back to the station after a night game slipped and fell and suffered some sort of injury to there legs. The individual then sued the owner of the land for some reason. This is why they now enforce the " Goat track " as ther land inwhich we walk on is either owned by some sort of government body or Private entity that has sufficient Public Liability insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Can't see it happening. There isn't enough land in Southport to support large grandstands and other things that are necessary for a stadium. The best bet would be to move back to Carrara but I can see why people wouldn't want to do that.
    I guess you're thinking along the lines of the NRL and the State Government to where they have grandiose plans of having Stadiums that cater for 20-50k. But if anyone cared for a reality check, the Titans struggle to draw a crowd of 12k (along with many other Clubs). Southport Tigers could easily cater for 15k with a bit of planning. No different to how other Clubs cater for games at Shark Park, Brookvale Oval and so on..

Robina is quite extravagant compared to other Clubs..
    Last edited by Toads; 14-11-13 at 06:43 PM.

Mate, all I am trying to do is make it easier for people to have options. You use the train or park and ride and good for you. I use the train from Helensvale myself but I can see why some people don't want to. Last season there were occasions where we waited well over 30 minutes for a train. Why they can't have trains backed up now that the extension to Varsity is done I don't know. They do it in Sydney at the Olympic Stadium where trains just arrive one after the other. Here you would only need 4 or 5 and the crowd would be gone.
    From what I see many Coast people would not consider using public transport and with good reason as it's usually hopeless and takes hours to get anywhere. Getting to Skilled is, as you say, quite easy but some people need convincing or other options.
    Probably a consistently winning team playing good footy would kill any discussion about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post

I am checking the date & it's not April Fools day , i love watching a Q Cup game at Southport but to even play an NRL trial there would be a joke, is there a new Stadium being built that i don't know about...

Agree on what u have said about the Southport CBD
    #itaintweaktospeak