Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I am not sure that Robina Town Centre is opposed to it or whether it was the previous Govt that tried to push everyone to public transport to avoid upsetting local residents. Surely an arrangement can be made with Robina TC as most games are on when the Centre is as good as closed or when the trading would have just about finished for the day.
    I catch the train from Helensvale but in the last couple of years this seems to have been less well organised than earlier years. Now with the rail extension to Varsity Lakes trains should just be queued up and pull in quickly but that does not happen and the crowd crush is worse than early years. In Sydney they use trains too clear the majority of an 80,000 crowd at the Olympic Stadium very quickly but cannot seem to get it better organised here.
    In summary what I am saying is that they need to make it easier for people to go otherwise they will not bother, particularly with the cost of food inside the place when you get there.
    Your answer of a multi story carpark might actually eventuate if the land around the stadium was built on by commercial businesses. After all 5 carparks were built around the stadium in Sydney that also get used for workers in the area. I would be surprised if the light rail ever gets to Robina.
    I just don't see any situation that would allow majority of the attendees to park at Robina and go to the stadium. I know there is a park n ride in Merrimac but nothing really in Robina. We have a train station that connects to Brisbane right next to our stadium, we shouldn't be having problems. People on the Gold Coast just need to start using public transport more often.

Maybe a heavy rail extension down south will help us? We do get a lot of our players from the PBC/Tweed region anyway.

It's fine to have a train and bus pull up near to the stadium, but to then have to walk around a vacant block of land for an additional 1.5 km isn't great. I don't know why there isn't a more direct route to the stadium from the public transport.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I know there is a park n ride in Merrimac.
    Perhaps you are getting the Suns park and ride at Merrimac mixed up with the Titans park and ride at Mudgeeraba?

Which I don't use (BIL) but I have used it in the past and nothing wrong with it.

Can someone tell me the difference between Suncorp and Robina please?

I actually think Robina has the less walking... yet Broncos can still pull the crowds.

It all comes down to winning...

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Perhaps you are getting the Suns park and ride at Merrimac mixed up with the Titans park and ride at Mudgeeraba?

Which I don't use (BIL) but I have used it in the past and nothing wrong with it.

I actually think Robina has the less walking... yet Broncos can still pull the crowds.

Agree the walk from Suncorp to Roma St it abut of a hike or even Milton Station.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

You are right, I am confusing the two car parks.

When comparing Suncorp and Robina you really have to look at what you are comparing here. You have Roma Street Station that connects to just about every part of south east Queensland and a Broncos product that has been present for over 25 years now and have been very successful on field.

As for the walking distance from the train station, it's virtually the same for just about every other major stadium in south east Queensland. Robina - 1.5kms, Suncorp - 1.4kms, Gabba - 1.5kms, Carrara - 1.9kms.

I still don't believe winning is the key to consistent crowd numbers. We saw this year while we were placed 5th/6th on the ladder that we could only pull 12k to games during that period. Sitting top of the ladder is different but it's just a temporary solution and a very hard one to achieve. We need consistency in our crowds but at the moment our crowds are far too dependent on who we play eg. Warriors and Broncos will pull large crowds.

Winning as in going into matches as the favourite, dominating and coming out as the winner. It's been yrs since the titans have been this.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Winning as in going into matches as the favourite, dominating and coming out as the winner. It's been yrs since the titans have been this.
    This. Winning consistently at home and more positive press instead of the negativity that has surrounded the club since the CoE debacle.

Lang Park has the awesome food/drink options after you walk up the hill after the game. Build a Leagues club next to the stadium and it'll help aswell.

To answer the OP's question, yes, dwindling crowds are a worry, but I don't think it's just related to the Titans or the GC.

However, winning/playing exciting footy would be a big help, but I still feel that it's the ridiculous prices for everything inside the stadium that turns a lot of people away.

If it was a more affordable way to spend a day, then more people would see it as a day out.

Also, it would help a lot if the U/20's were at least competitive.

Good points Whiz … let's add price and bring back reserve grade to the list.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

As a foreigner, when I came over to visit I found the public transport to and from the game to be extremely good, and the walk from the bus to the stadium was hardly taxing. Obviously I can't speak for the locals but as far as out-of-towners I don't think getting to and from the game was an issue. I think it is more the winning/entertainment/value for money that is the problem
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

[QUOTE=CoastSportsFan;333201]As for the walking distance from the train station, it's virtually the same for just about every other major stadium in south east Queensland. Robina - 1.5kms, Suncorp - 1.4kms, Gabba - 1.5kms, Carrara - 1.9kms.[QUOTE]

I realise someone else mentioned 1.5 klms from the Robina Station to Robina Stadium but I think they went by Wallaby Bob's pub!.

Realistically it is about 700 metres..

Yeah getting Burleigh or tweed to play would be good.

Did I hear some rumours that reserve grade was going to return and NYC was going to be a mid week comp?

Might have just been an idea from a talking head on a magazine show... But I liked it.

For me it's about feeling connected to the players

I never felt more connected to the team and players than when mr May was around. As the season went on, the players stopped coming and seeing fans at tue ground. Even at home games.

I made a special effort and paid to fly to cairns, stay in cairns and pay 60 per ticket ( I have two memberships which gets me and my daughter to 12 games a year for 200 total.) and they just wandered off.

They did the same at Darwin or wherever where they were specifically in town to promote rugby league and couldn't even do a lap... Disgraceful.

They need to go above and beyond to create loyal promoters of there brand. Not take it for granted and complain they don't get support.

You guys are right it's not far or very taxing to get from the train to the stadium. I took my parents and my wife who is ill to a few games and they found it a bit taxing, especially as it seems like you walk away from the stadium to get to your seats if you are in gate B.

I think the biggest issue for me is that I have other commitments during the winter that mean I can't guarantee I'm available to get to every game. It's a sizeable financial commitment to make if you're not sure how many games you can attend. I would love memberships to be more flexible where you can be a casual member and get increased discounts the more games you attend. I loved getting to all the games this year but I can't see it being possible again, there were too many other things I had to put on hold to make it happen.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    You guys are right it's not far or very taxing to get from the train to the stadium. I took my parents and my wife who is ill to a few games and they found it a bit taxing, especially as it seems like you walk away from the stadium to get to your seats if you are in gate B.

I think the biggest issue for me is that I have other commitments during the winter that mean I can't guarantee I'm available to get to every game. It's a sizeable financial commitment to make if you're not sure how many games you can attend. I would love memberships to be more flexible where you can be a casual member and get increased discounts the more games you attend. I loved getting to all the games this year but I can't see it being possible again, there were too many other things I had to put on hold to make it happen.
    I hear what your saying Supergoose...it would also help if you knew the draw before committing to being a member again...i will be holding off until this time!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I made a special effort and paid to fly to cairns, stay in cairns and pay 60 per ticket ( I have two memberships which gets me and my daughter to 12 games a year for 200 total.) and they just wandered off..
    You and me both.... + accomodation.