Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Yeah, I realise it's a fair stretch to develop Southport Tigers Grounds into something suitable if by the odd chance that the NRL and/or Titans can win some fans back to the game. But Southport will do a lot more for developing a culture for the Titan to grow, than what the current situation is at Robina, and I'm afraid it be like that for some years to come unless a complete miracle takes place and a Food and Entertainment precinct is constructed around the Stadium.

It's pretty uninspiring to be shuffled onto a Train, get off at Robina to be hearded like cattle. Just to repeat the process at the end of the night. How that was overlooked by the Labor Government and Searle 'n Co is a bit odd.

At least the Donkey's Fans can disperse and go where they like, whether it be home or into town, on foot.

EDIT: The next development stage of Broadwater Parklands is about to start which includes some land reclamation of the Broadwater. Even though it'd be an expensive exercise, that could be another option. That's if the space required couldn't be found at Southport Tigers/Old Showgrounds.
    Last edited by Toads; 16-11-13 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I am checking the date & it's not April Fools day , i love watching a Q Cup game at Southport but to even play an NRL trial there would be a joke, is there a new Stadium being built that i don't know about...
    haha, yeah, that's kind of how I felt, but didn;t want to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Yeah, I realise it's a fair stretch to develop Southport Tigers Grounds into something suitable if by the odd chance that the NRL and/or Titans can win some fans back to the game. But Southport will do a lot more for developing a culture for the Titan to grow, than what the current situation is at Robina, and I'm afraid it be like that for some years to come unless a complete miracle takes place and a Food and Entertainment precinct is constructed around the Stadium.

It's pretty uninspiring to be shuffled onto a Train, get off at Robina to be hearded like cattle. Just to repeat the process at the end of the night. How that was overlooked by the Labor Government and Searle 'n Co is a bit odd.

At least the Donkey's Fans can disperse and go where they like, whether it be home or into town, on foot.
    And I'm hearing what you are saying Toads, but we need to remember what we DO have, because it is easy to take all this for granted. Catching trains and buses is a BONUS! And it's free! Seriously, we are getting free public transport from anywhere in the SE to less than 1K of the front gates.

Personally, if it was up to me, I would prefer a smaller stadium/grassy hill with a leagues club and some eateries/drinkeries along the way. I actually loved Carrarra, almost everything about it, but there is no denying that we are blessed to have a purpose built stadium.

We have a world class stadium, the Titans have world class training facilities, all we need is enough Titans fans to fill it and we will get that winning feeling again.

Yeah Mate, I do like our Stadium too, and I am thankful to an extent, you couldn't ask for a better design/layout..

It's just it's location that's ****ed.

Although we all strive for perfection, I think this debate is only for discussion. Personally, the issue is remembering what we had, or didn't have, before ... remember?

Top of my wish list is a club that truly represents the Coast and that I can be proud of. I really dislike the perception that we are still somehow the barely-suffered bastard child of the NRL and I know this will peeve a few but Broughton and Cartwright are synonymous with this. Searle just provides local colour.

Off topic and should be another thread ... apologies.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-11-13 at 02:26 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

I just can't believe how precious some people are here. The casual attitude toward attending our games is going to really hurt RL on the Coast in the future. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if the AFL weren't breathing down the necks. You can say what you want about AFL fans but they will actually show up to games instead of making excuses about the weather or transport issues. I'd much rather have a passionate audience who will always show up than a slightly bigger casual audience who will show up if they feel like it.

Breathing down our necks so much so that we have one in our midst. You.

Im quite sick of you stomping around here trying to lead conversations with healthy helpings of AFL/Suns rubbish.

Anyone else here is qualified to discuss crowds, except you. Your intentions aren't pure.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Breathing down our necks so much so that we have one in our midst. You.

Im quite sick of you stomping around here trying to lead conversations with healthy helpings of AFL/Suns rubbish.

Anyone else here is qualified to discuss crowds, except you. Your intentions aren't pure.
    So I'm not allowed to have an opinion because I watch AFL along with RL? I didn't even mention the Suns in my last post, you just assumed. We are in a city where there is only two teams and it is only natural to compare the two. But please, tell me what my true intentions are if you are so insightful...

I have seen both sets of fans and I know what I am talking about. Please tell me anything in the last post that is incorrect?

The whole reason I have been posting this stuff is because these are real issues that might end up seeing us lose one of the remaining two teams we have. The ideal situation for me is to see both the Suns and Titans doing well.
    Last edited by CoastSportsFan; 18-11-13 at 05:23 PM.