Default World Cup: WALES v USA

WALES v USA
    Glyndwr University Racecourse Ground, Wrexham
    November 03 14:00 Sunday
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

USA will have it over Wales unfortunately. Would prefer Wales to win at home. Be a boost for the game after the Crusaders Super League debacle.

US eye Australia RLWC last-eight clash

AAP
    7:58am Mon 04th November, 2013

The United States sent Wales crashing out of the Rugby League World Cup on Sunday with a 24-16 win at Wrexham which set the Tomahawks up for a likely quarter-final showdown with Australia.

The Welsh, the tournament co-hosts and semi-finalists in 1995 and 2000, were beaten 32-16 by Italy in their opening group match and were poor again on Sunday with Newcastle-bound NRL forward Clint Newton crossing for two of the Americans' five tries.

Captain Joseph Paulo scored a try and kicked two goals for the US who beat the Cook Islands in their tournament opener.

"It's a bad result but, as the World Cup has shown, I don't think you can tag anybody as a bad team because, come the World Cup, they come from all over the world," said Wales coach Iestyn Harris.

"There wasn't one USA man in the whole squad. There's a lot of Australian-based players in there who are of a very good quality."

The Tomahawks' squad were only formed at short notice and coach Brian Smith left on the eve of the event.

But they have won five matches in succession, following their Colonial Cup double over Canada and their 22-18 warm-up victory over France.

"I'm really proud," said new coach Terry Matterson, who played State of Origin for NSW and won two premierships with Brisbane. "I didn't know these guys until two weeks ago and they've worked really hard in that time.

"To come here against a good Welsh team with everything to play for, they were playing for their World Cup and threw everything at us. It was an outstanding performance - the boys keep defying belief, to be honest.

"We'll keep our heads down and keep working hard and worry about the next game against Scotland."

The Scots drew 30-30 with Italy in Workington.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    US eye Australia RLWC last-eight clash

AAP
    7:58am Mon 04th November, 2013

The Tomahawks' squad were only formed at short notice and coach Brian Smith left on the eve of the event.
    That explains why they're playing so well
    #itaintweaktospeak

This game was shocking. I could barely watch Wales play. And thy are a nation and side I was hoping would be successful. They were so disjointed and there was so many errors. Only in the last several minutes did they actually up the tempo and try to score some points. USA deserved the win. Wales don't deserve to progress. As much as it pains me to say.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

It's great for the game that USA are probably going to advance to the quarters and face the best team in the world (us). Gives the game huge exposure into an untapped market. Was also great to see former Titan Matt Peterson score for the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Wales were embarressing in front of their fans. At least they saved some pride in the last 10 minutes.

USA will get a sniff of this victory at RL, and I mean all Americans, not just the team or RL fans, and they will throw money at it and develop systems etc until the can be champions, and then we will all be wondering why we invited them along in the first place.

Either that or they will just try to reduce the RL World cup to a battle between themselves and 1 other country.... sort of like World Series baseball.