Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Extended:

Eighteen months after a $25 million debt nearly crippled the club, Annesley has presided over a major restructure in a cost-cutting exercise to safeguard the Titans' long-term future.

Two football development staff, including junior football officer Mark Gee - the brother of Broncos legend Andrew - were axed along with three sponsorship and two marketing employees.

The clean-out comes as Murphy, Cartwright's long-serving lieutenant, prepares to tender his resignation after being headhunted by new Parramatta coach Brad Arthur.

Murphy was expected to work on the Titans' attacking structures for 2014 with recently-appointed assistant Neil Henry, but the Parramatta hierarchy is set to approve a three-year deal in the coming days.

Arthur confirmed his interest in Murphy, who has informed the Titans of his impending departure and is highly regarded by players for his easygoing approach and analytical skills.

"Nothing has been signed off as yet but I've spoken to Steve and I'm hoping he will be with us next year," Arthur said.

"I'm pretty confident he will be joining us.

"I need to have my coaches around me by next Thursday so it should be sorted out very soon.

"I have met Steve a couple of times, you don't make appointments or surround yourself with people you haven't done your homework on. I have met with him and spoken to third parties about him, including players, and the feedback I've got is positive."

The winds of change are sweeping through the Titans. The club's revenue-raising departments have been merged and will be managed by a head of sales and marketing in a newly-designed role.

Annesley, a former chief operating officer of the NRL, has a wealth of contacts in the sports industry and could look south to bring in better credentialed staff.

Annesley said he was determined to make a change on the Gold Coast in a bid to turn around the club's poor success rate on and off the field.

"I wasn't recruited to come here and do the same old thing," he said.

"I've got the responsibility for making this place successful long-term.

"Having been here a month, the structure I'd taken over was not the best structure for the business going forward.

"The primary focus of it was to put all of our revenue-generating opportunities under one umbrella as opposed to under a number of different general managers.

"We need to set the place up to give us the best possible chance of success in the future."

Annesley summoned staff to a 9.30am meeting yesterday at the club's Robina base to deliver the news.

"Everyone has to live within their means, there's no question about that," he said.

"These things are never easy. It's a major restructure, there's a level of uncertainty and it's an emotional time.

"I've made it very clear to the staff I think this place has enormous potential and I wouldn't have come here otherwise.

"I believe the structure we've put in place today gives us the best chance to maximise that potential.

"I've told the staff I want to see the place grow, not contract. This structure will allow us to grow.

"This places us well to go into the new season. Everyone is going to clearly understand what their role is and be accountable."
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...8a394e959c0c15

Wow. Thanks Parra. I was not a fan. It is should enhance Henry's role with us.

Also shows Graham means business. I think we are acting more like a footy club now.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Wow. I almost feel like renewing my membership
    Did mine last night....must have known that something good would come from me renewing the membership....;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow. Thanks Parra. I was not a fan. It is should enhance Henry's role with us.

Also shows Graham means business. I think we are acting more like a footy club now.
    1005 Agree with this statement..

merry christmas guise!

Banned

Annesley has presided over a major restructure in a cost-cutting exercise to safeguard the Titans' long-term future.
    This basically tells us everything we need to know. This isn't a restructure, it's an attempt to keep us alive in the future. Less resources means we are less likely to be successful. *Sigh*

1 gone.. two to go..

Jc and who else

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Jc and who else
    Searle id hope

Peter gentle signed to Eels as assistant coach...umm has Murph told some porkies ?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans have paid him another 50k a year to stay
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans have paid him another 50k a year to stay
    Do you mean we already pay him 50K ... he should pay us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    This basically tells us everything we need to know. This isn't a restructure, it's an attempt to keep us alive in the future. Less resources means we are less likely to be successful. *Sigh*
    It's quality over quantity.

Wot is Murphy staying?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Wot is Murphy staying?
    With parra yes