Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

3 games which we are behind the eight ball before a ball is kicked.

Round 6 V Broncos. Brisbane have a 7 day turn-a-round after playing te Eels while we have just 5 days after playing the Storm in Melbourne.

Matches against the Warriors and Souths without origin stars. While Souths will miss GI, they like the Warriors get most of their top level talent from overseas and therefore aren't affected by SOO nearly as much as we are.

Going for us is that we play Melbourne without their stars again before Origin, although I would be nice to watch these wonderful players on our home turf.

Once again need a good start and to continue through the origin period. Matches against Cowboys and Broncos early will be important. Unfortunately Brisbane get the better prep time on both occasions.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I haven't had a chance to have a good look at the draw

You blokes are all on to it !!!

It seems from your correspondence there are more negatives than positives

Do any of you think the draw is absolutely above board and transparent or could there be a hint of favouritism in the mix?

It seems the Titans get a pretty raw deal from year to year

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN FAN View Post
    I haven't had a chance to have a good look at the draw

You blokes are all on to it !!!

It seems from your correspondence there are more negatives than positives

Do any of you think the draw is absolutely above board and transparent or could there be a hint of favouritism in the mix?

It seems the Titans get a pretty raw deal from year to year
    Overall I dont think the draw is too bad but there are some bad anomolies. Such as the Titans playing three games without rep players, this also happens to the Roosters (and maybe others which I haven't checked yet) but they should try and even this up a bit. I also notice Manly play 6 of their first 8 games at home which is very unbalanced.
    All this said, I would hate to be the ones trying to do the draw when you take into account ground availability and club requests. Must be a nightmare.

I think manly only played 1 game at Brooky before round 9 this yr.

The draw won't impact on how the team plays this yr or any yr so I'm not fussed
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The draw won't impact on how the team plays this yr or any yr so I'm not fussed
    Yeah we may play only have 2 out of the last 6 games at home but we have the exact same number of home games as away games so the last 6 rounds shouldn't be an excuse to miss out on the finals again

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    3 games which we are behind the eight ball before a ball is kicked.

Round 6 V Broncos. Brisbane have a 7 day turn-a-round after playing te Eels while we have just 5 days after playing the Storm in Melbourne.

Matches against the Warriors and Souths without origin stars. While Souths will miss GI, they like the Warriors get most of their top level talent from overseas and therefore aren't affected by SOO nearly as much as we are.

Going for us is that we play Melbourne without their stars again before Origin, although I would be nice to watch these wonderful players on our home turf.

Once again need a good start and to continue through the origin period. Matches against Cowboys and Broncos early will be important. Unfortunately Brisbane get the better prep time on both occasions.
    Did anyone notice that the Broncos have Friday night games for the first 10 rounds? Now you can't tell me that doesn't give them an almighty advantage of the other teams! Compare that to our dog's breakfast of dates and times that we play!

image url upload

The Broncos get consistency in preparation and recovery for the first 10 weeks of the season...we play them the first time after a 5 day turn around and after travelling back from Melbourne!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Did anyone notice that the Broncos have Friday night games for the first 10 rounds? Now you can't tell me that doesn't give them an almighty advantage of the other teams! Compare that to our dog's breakfast of dates and times that we play!
    Essentially no different to last year and yep it's a massive advantage to them. This was raised in all areas of the media last year but they have done nothing about it. Just like the State of Origin where we were led to believe the games would be closer together which would reduce the huge effect it has on the comp. What changed in the end - nothing.
    I was prepared to give this new Commission a go but it seems like they talk a lot but nothing changes.

As long as the Donkey's end up with similar results (next year as they did this year), because they were gifted so many Friday Night Matches. I see nothing to complain about.

It's C9 who uses their picks to have the Broncos every Fri night. Nothing the NRL can do about it while there's only one Bris NRL team.

Although it's not the greatest draw for us. I must say the squad would be looking forward to not jumping on a plane between Rounds 9 and 16. This should put them in a good place with the run into the finals.

10 Friday nights in a row for the Broncos. Amazing. We need another Brisbane team.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    10 Friday nights in a row for the Broncos. Amazing. We need another Brisbane team.
    Valleys or Wests?

I don't mind the draw ... our games the second time around are much tamer than last year and if we are going to be contenders then we should just muscle-up and smash them all ... doesn't matter who, when or where.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Ahem... Norths.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Valleys or Wests?
    This deserves its own thread!

For the record - Wests Panthers!