Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Didn't realise we had an Auditor for the club on this forum.

It's irrelevant either way, restructuring the club was inevitable however what makes me laugh though is when change happens people freak out but ironically if there wasn't change then people would say nothing has changed, humanity is funny.

Just cutting cost for searle to line his pockets, will see how e are travelling this time next year.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Annersley was in parliament when the NRL did that mate.
    Not that it matters but he was the architect of all the internal systems restructuring at the NRL and left for politics once they were ready to be rubber-stamped, including the collective bargaining blueprint, the broadcasting assessment and the franchising division.

On topic, cost cutting is what it is but as we are the cynical lot that we are, and with good reason, it's more of a case of "just another lame set of circumstances".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Marketing and sponsorship staff let go. If your trying to bring a company to profitability you don't sack staff who drive revenue. They would have to under performing heavily for this to of happened.

If that is the case and it seems like it is with GA using words like accountability for staff. He will need to sack up and make the coach accountable for performance on the field.

Funnily enough all the fired staff with the exception of the football staff were all hired by a previous CEO
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Funnily enough all the fired staff with the exception of the football staff were all hired by a previous CEO
    Is that right?

Crazy stuff. I won't be giving them a cent this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Are you serious? I sincerely hope there is nothing in that!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff0 View Post
    Marketing and sponsorship staff let go. If your trying to bring a company to profitability you don't sack staff who drive revenue. They would have to under performing heavily for this to of happened.
    :/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

it's never ending with this mob

Banned

So basically this guy has come in and fired some/all of the people that David May hired? Is this an inside job or something? Has Annesley been sent here to finish the Titans off?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    So basically this guy has come in and fired some/all of the people that David May hired? Is this an inside job or something? Has Annesley been sent here to finish the Titans off?
    Okay now I think we're getting a little carried away..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Okay now I think we're getting a little carried away..
    Well you never know. I think as fans we have the right to ask why employees that David May hired have been fired almost instantaneously and guys like Searle/Cartwright (who have been under performing for years) continue to have no pressure on them. The politics at the club sound atrociously bad and we still don't even have a board of directors for Christ's sake!

We have a right to know what is really going on and I'm sorry if I automatically think it's doom and gloom. I've learned from history.

Well you never know. I think as fans we have the right to ask why employees that David May hired have been fired almost instantaneously and guys like Searle/Cartwright (who have been under performing for years) continue to have no pressure on them. The politics at the club sound atrociously bad and we still don't even have a board of directors for Christ's sake!

We have a right to know what is really going on and I'm sorry if I automatically think it's doom and gloom. I've learned from history.
    You quickly go to the doom and gloom because you're not a Titans or even footy fan.

People would have more time for you if you were honest about your agenda instead of faking your fandom.

We don't have a right to jack sh!t. This club is not even owned by it's members let alone it's fans. We can only display our approval\disapproval by our game attendance and renewing or canceling our memberships.

Graham Annesley has been given the CEO position, so that gives him all the responsibilities and rights to hire, fire and restructure as he pleases for whatever reasons he sees fit. Not our right or our job to speculate from the outside, telling him right from wrong.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now until he proves me wrong. With Neil Henry's arrival, a shake up of footy staff and a new CEO, I do feel optimistic about next year. Especially considering we still have a very good squad as it is.

But I'll only start spending more money on the Titans again, simply when I feel compelled to. I'm getting pretty disillusioned with our game in general, not just the runnning of my favourite club...

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    You quickly go to the doom and gloom because you're not a Titans or even footy fan.

People would have more time for you if you were honest about your agenda instead of faking your fandom.
    I'd have to agree . There is a distinct smell of bull sh!t in this guys posts.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    We don't have a right to jack sh!t. This club is not even owned by it's members let alone it's fans. We can only display our approval\disapproval by our game attendance and renewing or canceling our memberships.

Graham Annesley has been given the CEO position, so that gives him all the responsibilities and rights to hire, fire and restructure as he pleases for whatever reasons he sees fit. Not our right or our job to speculate from the outside, telling him right from wrong.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now until he proves me wrong. With Neil Henry's arrival, a shake up of footy staff and a new CEO, I do feel optimistic about next year. Especially considering we still have a very good squad as it is.

But I'll only start spending more money on the Titans again, simply when I feel compelled to. I'm getting pretty disillusioned with our game in general, not just the runnning of my favourite club...
    Thanks for this Ryan, you have saved me writing it all again … I don't understand why so many of us seem to forget that we do not own the club and our bleatings are only of value to us as real (I hesitate to use 'true') fans of rugby league on the Gold Coast. Although I am also optimistic because of the reasons you put forward, I am as equally sceptical about where our game is headed.

I was at the Oz/Coconutz game last night in Pommieland and when you get past the actual game being played, the "world" vision isn't really much more than the NRL/SL vision. That's okay I suppose on a planet where the World Series of baseball is one country, perhaps that's what we'll end up with … certainly the talk over here is about qualifications to play for a country. (sorry mods I know this is the wrong place for this but … sob, sob, hotel rooms can be so lonely )
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.