Langtree Park
    St Helens
    Saturday November 2
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inglis named at fullback for Kangaroos
    By Liam FitzGibbon
    AAP
    5:55am Thu 31st October, 2013

Greg Inglis will start at fullback for the first time in his international career in Australia's Rugby League World Cup clash with Fiji in St Helens on Saturday.

Inglis was on Wednesday named to play in his pet position with incumbent No.1 Billy Slater among several first-choice players rested for Australia's second match of the tournament.

Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens' final team will have seven changes from the side which beat England 28-20 in the tournament opener, with Daly Cherry-Evans selected at halfback and forwards Josh Papalii and Boyd Cordner handed international debuts.

Canberra's Papalii will start in the second row alongside Luke Lewis while Sydney Roosters forward Cordner will come off the bench.

Others called into the side are Jarryd Hayne, Josh Morris, Michael Jennings and Nate Myles, after all missed selection against England in Cardiff.

Inglis switched from the centres to fullback to brilliant effect for South Sydney in 2012 but has never started at fullback in his 24 Tests for Australia, with Slater holding his spot at representative level.

Despite Slater saying he wanted to face Fiji, Sheens has opted to rest the Melbourne star and the coach hopes a move to fullback will spark Inglis after he saw little ball playing in the centres against England.

Saturday's match is likely to be the first of many in the green and gold No.1 jersey for 26-year-old Inglis, who will likely succeed Slater, 30, at the back.

Cherry-Evans will partner Johnathan Thurston in the halves, with Cooper Cronk named on an extended bench but set to be rested for the match.

The Manly playmaker will likely play alongside Cronk in Australia's third group game against Ireland, giving him a chance to push for the utility bench spot in the finals.

Sheens said it was also essential Cherry-Evans was ready to go if injury struck either of his top halves.

"With games to play you need to make sure Cherry has some game time under his belt," Sheens told NRL.com.

"He's the next halfback we're going to use and we can't afford to have him not play any football at all."

Cherry-Evans was overlooked in game one for Robbie Farah, who retains a place on the bench against Fiji along with Andrew Fifita, who made his debut in the tournament opener.

Australia: Greg Inglis, Jarryd Hayne, Josh Morris, Michael Jennings, Darius Boyd, Johnathan Thurston, Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), James Tamou, Luke Lewis, Josh Papalii, Nate Myles. Interchange: Boyd Cordner, Robbie Farah, Andrew Fifita, Paul Gallen, Cooper Cronk, Corey Parker, Brent Tate (three to be omitted).
    #itaintweaktospeak

On early tomorrow morning. Don't miss it
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Listening to this fool Halligan is making me sick, should be a warning before he speaks so we know when to hit the mute button
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not much from this game ... Lewis out will give Papali a shot :-) don't mind that at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Good game for how bad the conditions were & how good is JT with his Goal Kicking, what a freak

Very sad to see Lewis injured like that there should be pads on all of the dead ball line advertising boards
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Not much from this game ... Lewis out will give Papali a shot :-) don't mind that at all.
    It will be between him & Cordner
    DCE for Farah
    Jennings for Tate
    #itaintweaktospeak

I was surprised by Fiji's patience and discipline. A lesson to the other teams. But I think they forgot about some of their natural advantages which I really expected to come out in the 2nd half.

Fiji will certainly give England some grief.

Well done to the 14000 brave rugby league fans who fought those terrible terrible conditions. And was good to see the english crowd barrack for Fiji. They really hate us Aussies!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

ha-ha … I sat amongst the Pommies as I got a ticket at the gate and got rubbished when I said I came from the Gold Coast (lucky I didn't say China or they would have been singing noodle songs at me too … nice, quaint, morons) … good atmosphere but gee you blokes at home don't realise just how lucky you are.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.