Default Cam Smith's future

Queensland will have to wait for Capt. Kangaroo

Australian captain Cameron Smith won't make a decision on his long-term playing future until next year.

Smith will become the most valuable player off-contract when he is free to start negotiating with rival teams from November 1. He will play out next season at Melbourne.

The Melbourne Storm skipper has been linked with a return to a Queensland club in a bid to move closer to family as he brings up his three young children with wife Barbara.

"A decision will be made next year," Smith said. "My future at the moment is thinking about the World Cup and preparing for it. There is not going to be any other distraction for me other than worrying about this team.

Advertisement "I understand it's a huge talking point given how long I've been playing the game and my standing in the game at the moment but I will be honest with you, I haven't made a decision on my future and I won't be doing that until I return home and sit down with my family and have a chat about things."

Smith, who turns 31 next year, hasn't spoken with the Storm about extending his stint at the club beyond next season.

The next contract will most likely be his last.

"I'm the type of person that I don't want to drag things on and drag clubs through any negotiation deals." Smith said. "I want to make a decision first before I talk any contracts.

"My future isn't about money, it's not about anything other than what's best for my family. We'll sit down as a family, my wife and three little kids to decide what's best.

"I have always had plans to return to Queensland after football but things change year to year and month to month with whatever is going on in your life. A big factor is what your occupation is after football."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2hKM5kOv2
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Surely he will just play out his career in Melbourne or will the Broncos make a huge play? 2015 is a long way away.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER