Default Parramatta Stadium now Pirtek Stadium

Will always be Parra Stadium to me. Looks like the trust allowed naming rights. More money for the Eels I guess.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Will always be Parra Stadium to me. Looks like the trust allowed naming rights. More money for the Eels I guess.
    All about the dollars these days.

Hasn't Parra picked up a new front of jersey sponsor though?

So Pirtek have just moved their money into the stadium name. Probably a good decision. I have no idea how much a front jersey sponsorship costs vs stadium naming rights, but possibly having your name on the front of a wooden spoon team does not promote confidence in that product. Just standard name association stuff I would think.

Pirtek buys naming rights to Parramatta Stadium

Pirtek, who split its longtime association with the Parramatta Eels when the wooden spooners demanded more money from the company, has bought the naming rights for Parramatta Stadium.

When the former Parramatta chief executive Ken Edwards demanded early in the season that Pirtek increased their one million dollar a year sponsorship to $1.5 million, the company ended what had been a long-term and seemingly successful relationship.

However, it was understood Pirtek wanted to remain involved in the area via sport as a sign that it was committed to the western suburbs - the place where the global company started.

The deal means their brand will feature prominently at all events staged at the ground including Western Sydney Wanderers A-League games and, of course, Parramatta Eels games.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2hPh8Mz7Q
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER