Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright secures $150,000 pay boost

JOHN Cartwright has secured a $150,000 pay boost following speculation strife-torn Parramatta approached the Titans' foundation coach.

Despite missing the finals for the past three seasons, Cartwright has been rewarded by the NRL’s coaching merry-go-round hitting overdrive in recent weeks.

The Courier-Mail understands Cartwright has received a $50,000 upgrade for each of the three remaining years on his contract after being linked with the vacant Eels post.

Cartwright last week released a statement denying he wanted out of the Titans.

He also provided internal assurances to new Titans boss Graham Annesley, a stance he reiterated when he met last Tuesday week with club shareholder and long-term ally Michael Searle.

But Parramatta’s purported interest was enough to deliver the embattled coach an early Christmas bonus.

It is a high-risk investment by Gold Coast hierarchy.

Should Cartwright fail to make the playoffs in 2014, he will almost certainly be jettisoned by the Titans, meaning any payout figure would blow out by another $100,000.

Cartwright will preside over the Titans’ new campaign on an estimated annual salary of $350,000. It is an attractive package for a mentor who statistically has the worst record of any current NRL coach to have completed three consecutive seasons since 2011.

Since steering the Titans to the preliminary final in 2010, earning him a five-year extension from Searle, Cartwright has won 27 of 72 games for a 37.5 per cent success rate.

In 2011, the Titans claimed the wooden-spoon, before finishing 11th last season and ninth this year, amplifying pressure on the former Test forward to reinvigorate the Coast.

Cartwright last week added Neil Henry to his staff, but the former Cowboys coach is determined not to be pigeon-holed as an assistant.

"There’s limited opportunities to move into head coaching roles, so I’m hopeful that an opportunity will arise at a later date," said Henry, who has signed a one-year deal with the Titans.

"There’s great potential there at the Titans. It’s certainly an exciting roster."

Former Canterbury and Souths talent scout Mark Hughes could also join the Titans after recently contacting the club expressing his interest in a recruitment role.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226732470426
    Last edited by K2G; 04-10-13 at 12:53 AM.

One would have thought a $150,000 paycut would make more sense.

Mark Hughes? Is he the bloke who found Reynolds? We could do with a few good scouts.

Regards to the thread title, F off u idiots in control of this club
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Is this real life? a pay rise?

am i misreading?

please someone tell me I'm misreading

I'm in the wrong job. He gets a Payrise for the results that he has delivered.

Bahahahahahh

He gets a pay rise and a coach to do his job

Hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

So just to be clear.
    Because I am struggling to get my head around this.

He gets a head coach as an assistant because he cannot perform his job.
    And gets paid another $1000 a week on top of his current salary of $6000 a week. With no performance guidelines and anyone who asks questions gets attacked.

Where do I sign up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I am lost for words...

This is what happens when u start rumours about yourself , i expect a 5 year extension any day now..
    #itaintweaktospeak

checks date ... nope its not the 1st of April
    all together. Face Palm

whos Cartys manager? I need him for a pay rise he must be one hell of a salesman to somehow pull this off

One step forward with the Henry signing. Five steps back with this debacle.

At least Badel stuck it to the Titans in the article.

Because I am trying to keep a positive attitude to the whole Titans 2013/14 coaching debacle, I posit that maybe Searle sees the writing on the wall for his good mate, has put a succession plan in place with Neil Henry, and just wants to make sure Carty has a good payout when Henry moves into the head-coach role, possibly sooner rather than later.

What a ****in load of crap, will be lucky if i even watch the titans play next year, i want nothing to do with them in this state.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Ahh well.. There goes my chance of renewing my membership anytime soon. I'm not squandering my money to support this rabble.

Oh, Henry will be 'pigeon-holed'. I have no doubt about that since reading this article.

Junior

Un-Be-Liev-Able
    Call me Mr Stupid but...