Thread: NYC Coach 2014

Default NYC Coach 2014

Just wondering but has Jamie o'connor finished as the NYC coach, I know there is talk of furner joining, so I presume that the position is vacant. As part of the review in first grade I hope they also have a look at our NYC set up.

Immortal

NYC position is definitely vacant, word is Furner is an applicant.

Furner is an applicant, in the hope of working his way to our NRL team?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

You would have to think that is in his mind for sure

Woolf joins Titans coaching staff
    Adam Gardini
    Friday 4 October 2013 2:15 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have further strengthened the club’s coaching ranks for next season with the appointment of Ben Woolf as NYC Under-20s Coach and Player Development Manager.

The newly created position will see Woolf working with the club’s Under-20s players on a full-time basis as well as overseeing the development of all Titans junior contracted players.

Woolf replaces former Titans Under-20s coach Jamie O’Connor, who had worked part-time in the role over the past two years.

Woolf comes to the club with a wealth of experience in rugby league junior development, having worked as a coach within Keebra Park High School’s renowned rugby league program for the past 12 years.

During that time, Keebra Park have been crowned National Champions twice (2009 and 2013) as well as National Finalists on three other occasions.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright said Woolf had a genuine passion for developing Gold Coast juniors, adding that his appointment along with that of NRL Assistant Coach Neil Henry would help the club provide players with enhanced coaching at all levels in 2014.

“It’s exciting for our juniors to be able to have a full-time coach that’s going to be looking after them. We can provide a lot more care and prepare them better for the Under-20s as well as hopefully an NRL career,’’ said Cartwright.

“We had some outstanding applicants for the role, some with NRL experience, but we felt Ben’s history of developing players was an enormous asset.

“You can tell he has a passion about our local area and you can tell he has a passion about developing kids. That’s what he’s done at Keebra Park - he’s been part of a very successful program there and we want to build that type of system here at the club.

“With two extra members of the full-time staff next year, it’s going to benefit all the players without a doubt. It’s going to bring fresh ideas to the table and it’s something as a club we’re really going to benefit from.’’

Woolf said he was excited about the new role and helping foster the next generation of talent on the Gold Coast.

“I’m just looking forward to bringing local talent through, hopefully into the senior ranks at the Titans,’’ said Woolf.

“I enjoy working with young rugby league players, seeing them develop and get better. I think there’s definitely a lot of talent on the Gold Coast at the moment through the success of Keebra Park and Palm Beach Currumbin over the last few years.

“I look forward to helping to bring that talent through in our system at the Titans.’’
    #itaintweaktospeak

This is a great signing & it will help our juniors stay here on the GC & I can be certain to say the boys will be very fit.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Agree Titan Pete he is very well respected

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This is a great signing & it will help our juniors stay here on the GC & I can be certain to say the boys will be very fit.

Awesome. What kind of coach is he, as in what style of footy can we expect next year?

Why are they employing good coaches for the U20s and terrible coaches for the first grade team. The whole titans management should give themselves an uppercut.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Can he break the Keebra/Tigers stranglehold?

Immortal

We are getting there especially at the younger age groups. We have quite a few talented boys from Keebra on contracts/scholarships. This will only help.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can he break the Keebra/Tigers stranglehold?

Excellent ... we should shore-up all of our nurseries and get our focus back on being a Gold Coast club.

Im excited to hear about the new appointment. A positive signing. Vital we start getting our Juniors right.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Immortal

Mate I agree fingers crossed, maybe the club may also start letting people know about the juniors rather than people getting the information from other sources

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Im excited to hear about the new appointment. A positive signing. Vital we start getting our Juniors right.

I think that would be fantastic. Something for the club to include in mail outs.

With our new website coming on League of Titans, we want to do blogs. So perhaps we can try to cover some more juniors info ourselves.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER