Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Henry joins Titans as Assistant Coach

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have bolstered the club’s coaching ranks for 2014, with official confirmation that former North Queensland Cowboys Head Coach Neil Henry will join the club as an Assistant Coach next season.

Henry has agreed to join the club for season 2014 in a new appointment working alongside the club’s existing NRL coaching staff in Head Coach John Cartwright and Assistant Coaches Steve Murphy and Trevor Gillmeister.
    The terms of the contract ensures Henry is fully committed to the Titans for season 2014.

Henry has previously worked as an Assistant Coach at the Cowboys from 2002-06 before undertaking Head Coaching roles at both the Canberra Raiders (2007-09) and the Cowboys (2010-13).

He has also previously worked as an Assistant Coach with the Queensland State of Origin team from 2006-09 during the Maroons’ rise to prominence under Coach Mal Meninga.

iSelect Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said it was a boost for the Titans to have Henry on board.

“Neil has plenty of experience coaching in the NRL so to have someone of his calibre joining the club will add enormously to our coaching group,’’ said Cartwright.

“I’m sure the players are going to be the ones that benefit, as an extra member of the coaching staff will ensure that they receive more one-on-one time with the coaches.

“We have a great coaching group here already and I’m sure Neil’s skill set will bring a new element to the table.’’
    Henry said he was excited about joining the Titans and also the change in roles.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with Titans and I’m really looking forward to it,’’ said Henry.

“The Titans are a relatively new club with a strong and exciting playing roster moving forward so I’m looking forward to contributing in a coaching capacity.

“The club has made a commitment to strengthening their coaching staff and that gives me the opportunity to work a bit more hands on with the players than you do as a head coach so I’m excited about that.’’

The Titans resume pre-season training in the first week of November.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Lets hope some good things come out of this and we alll know what i am thinking so i wont say it.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Lets hope some good things come out of this and we alll know what i am thinking so i wont say it.
    yep
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Henry joins Titans as Assistant Coach

iSelect Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said it was a boost for the Titans to have Henry on board.

“Neil has plenty of experience coaching in the NRL so to have someone of his calibre joining the club will add enormously to our coaching group,’’ said Cartwright.

“I’m sure the players are going to be the ones that benefit, as an extra member of the coaching staff will ensure that they receive more one-on-one time with the coaches.

“We have a great coaching group here already and I’m sure Neil’s skill set will bring a new element to the table.’’
    Henry said he was excited about joining the Titans and also the change in roles.

The Titans resume pre-season training in the first week of November.
    And who might they be?

Quotes from Neil Henry at the bottom

Former North Queensland Cowboys coach Neil Henry has officially signed on as Gold Coast Titans mentor John Cartwright's NRL assistant for 2014.

Henry links with Cartwright's fellow deputies Steve Murphy and Trevor Gillmeister after ending his rollercoaster ride at the Cowboys earlier this season.

Henry was told in July that his services would not be required in 2014 after early-season title favourites the Cowboys slumped to a 6-12 record.

They went on to win six straight games to dramatically force their way into the finals - only to be knocked out by Cronulla 20-18 in the first round in a loss that included a seventh-tackle try to the Sharks.

Henry had been linked to the Titans role after ruling himself out of the running for the top job at Parramatta.

Cartwright looked forward to picking the brain of Henry who enjoyed four years at the Cowboys helm after also holding the head coach reins at Canberra (2007-09).

"Neil has plenty of experience coaching in the NRL so to have someone of his calibre joining the club will add enormously to our coaching group," said Cartwright.

"I'm sure the players are going to be the ones that benefit, as an extra member of the coaching staff will ensure that they receive more one-on-one time with the coaches."

Henry was flattered that the Titans created an assistant coaching role for him.

"The club has made a commitment to strengthening their coaching staff and that gives me the opportunity to work a bit more hands on with the players than you do as a head coach so I'm excited about that," he said.

The Titans resume pre-season training in early November.

Matt Russell and Luke Douglas have been named in the Scotland World Cup team

I am sure Henry will offer a lot of expertise to the team particulaly the outside backs

As mentioned from others our attacking style was very outdated and easily read by coaches and players alike

Again mentioned by others we have the players to do the job however poor attacking options let us down

Henry has the ability and experience to fix that area cant wait to see what he brings to the team

Someone needs to kick the crap out of our coaching team and add some accountability! I am sick of the same old quotes and bandaid solutions.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.