Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Carty denies Parramatta rumours
    Emma Greenwood | 07:20am September 25, 2013

TITANS coach John Cartwright has categorically denied he has spoken to Parramatta despite being linked to the Eels' top job.

Cartwright and his manager have told the Bulletin they have not spoken to anyone at the Eels or been made an offer despite growing rumours the Gold Coast mentor is weighing up a multi-year, multi-million-dollar offer to join the troubled Sydney club.

Cartwright, who has three more seasons to run on his contract at the Gold Coast, was not willing to buy into speculation he was in line to move to the former glamour club after Ricky Stuart's exit left the Eels without a head coach for 2014.

"I have not spoken to anyone at Parramatta," Cartwright said via text. He did not return phone calls last night.

New Titans boss Graham Annesley is also unaware of any approach to his coach, saying he had not heard "the faintest whisper" of the rumour.

"John is under contract until the end of 2016 and ... I've spoken to John directly and he's assured me he's had no discussions whatsoever with Parramatta," Annesley said.

"From my point of view, all I can do is look at the facts and the facts are he's under contract until 2016."

Cartwright's manager Wayne Beavis last night denied there had been any offer from Parramatta but stopped short of guaranteeing he would remain on the Gold Coast.

"I can't even guarantee the sun will come up in the morning," he said.

The denials have done little to dull speculation though.

A move could be an attractive option for Cartwright, whose position at the Titans is set to come under intense scrutiny unless the team starts the season with a bang.

The Titans have not made the finals since 2010 and while Cartwright has the backing of the playing group and club bosses, a fresh start and significant pay boost could be an attractive option.

A well-placed Sydney source said the Eels had not yet decided on their coaching structure for next year, although the favoured model seems to be a coaching director mentoring a young head coach.

"I've heard that it is all rubbish," he said of a Cartwright appointment.

Annesley was unwilling to comment on whether it would be disappointing for Cartwright to leave, refusing to add to the speculation.

"I'm not going to go down that path because that would give some weight to the fact that he might be leaving when he's actually under contract," he said.

"John is an important part of what has happened here - he was the foundation coach, he's under contract for another three years, we have great hopes for the future and he's part of that.

On a day of coaching speculation, it is also understood ex-Cowboys mentor Neil Henry can accept an assistant's role at the Titans if he fails to secure the Eels post.

And the Titans' under-20s job has also attracted major interest, with recently sacked Raiders coach David Furner believed to be among the candidates for the youth position.

Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp said last week he planned to contact Henry, but the former Cowboys coach has yet to hear from the Eels.

Should the Eels drop a bombshell and secure Cartwright, Henry would be a frontline contender to replace him at the Coast in 2014.
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...ead-story.html

"I have not spoken to anyone at Parramatta". Pete is right, this does sound a lot like the Ricky Stuart scenario. Not answering calls isn't exactly a good way to put this to bed if he's 100% staying next year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...ead-story.html

"I have not spoken to anyone at Parramatta". Pete is right, this does sound a lot like the Ricky Stuart scenario. Not answering calls isn't exactly a good way to put this to bed if he's 100% staying next year either.
    Also the words "I have not spoken to anyone at Parramatta" usually is code for "my Manager has spoken to Parramatta". That was the case with Stuart when he moved.

The losing-est coach goes to the losing-est club ... a match made in heaven.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We here so much bs in league circles nowadays. They go into the media saying "im not leaving" or "i havent spoke to anyone". Nekk minnit they are gone.

Every player/coach who has an interest in leaving their respective club will obviously go into the media and say "im committed to the club" or "im leaving" because they want to give the impression that they are focused on their job. If rumours do come up and the player/coach doesnt say anything then people will start assuming that the coach/player will leave so that is why player/coaches have to lie abt these things to the media.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Cartwright reaffirms commitment to Titans
    Adam Gardini
    Wednesday 25 September 2013 12:00 PM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has today reaffirmed his commitment to the club, declaring his desire to fulfil his existing contract until the end of the 2016 season.
    Contrary to media speculation, the foundation coach has today reiterated his commitment to the club that he has helped establish since 2007.

“I’ve made a commitment to the Titans until the end of 2016 and I stand by that commitment,’’ said Cartwright.

“I believe we are building a playing squad that can win the competition in the near future and I’m determined to help the club achieve that goal over the next few years.’’

iSelect Titans Chief Executive Officer Graham Annesley said it was important that Cartwright had reaffirmed his commitment to the club.

“John’s personal commitment to this club has never been in doubt and I’m sure Titans fans will be reassured that John has reaffirmed his commitment as coach despite recent media speculation,’’ said Annesley.

“He has been a key figure in establishing the club’s culture since the beginning and it’s great that he will continue to be an important part of the future of the Titans.’’

The club will not be making any further comment on the matter.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

My phone almost melted down with texts and tweets about this yesterday and I just came on here hoping to see some good news.

Anything but...

I'm still praying that the geniuses on the board at Parramatta can pull of this coaching 'coup'. Cartwright reunited with Esi Tonga would be a match made in heaven!!

I think Esi is at Manly now ... I just asked Justin Horo if he thought cartwright would be a bonus at the Eels given his links there (Horo's that is) and he said "Cartwright is a great coach" ... lol, what do forwards know anyway?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Parra would be stoked with a 33% win ratio
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I saw a tweet from Martin Lang and a few applauding cartys loyalty and commitment...and saying people who don't think that don't matter anyways.

I think he is missing the point that no one has ever questioned carty's loyalty or commitment, just the results.....

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I saw a tweet from Martin Lang and a few applauding cartys loyalty and commitment...and saying people who don't think that don't matter anyways.

I think he is missing the point that no one has ever questioned carty's loyalty or commitment, just the results.....
    Not sure collecting 300 000 dollars a year requires either of those things.

Oh yeah and he is employed for results.

Loyalty and commitment are needed for a gang
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Parra would be stoked with a 33% win ratio
    Well it is better than their 21% win ratio so yes they would be stoked
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Junior

He wont be going anywhere. He wouldn't have his daughter all over social media espousing his loyalty if he had plans to move.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I had a bit of a set-to with Cartys daughter on Twitter when she mentioned his loyalty and commitment. That is all fine but I heard him say prior to the start of the season that he understood that expectations were high for the season and we had a team that could go all the way AND if the team didn't perform to expectations , notwithstanding his long term contract, he would not need to be tapped on the shoulder. Now, not only is he a poor coach, he is a liar and they have now lost my families membership until they sort it out

Just got back from 5 days in Sydney and the only print this got was about 50 words in a small column hidden away about 3 pages from the back.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I would be a very happy man if he leaves.