Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A 39 yr old man feeding a 19 yr old girl heroin, ecstasy and amphetamines causing death, then refusing to cooperate with police. Should still be doing time.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-09-13 at 10:39 AM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    A 39 yr old man feeding a 19 yr old girl heroin, ecstasy and amphetamines causing death, then refusing to cooperate with police - Murder. Should still be doing time.
    You are making a lot of presumptions there and our law system (innocent until proven guilty) doesn't work on presumptions. I haven't read into it a lot but my understanding from the story is that he provided the drugs for her but never any proof that he forced her to take them (happy to be proven wrong). Also, I was reading an article just before that he did cooperate with the police later after receiving death threats. Sure, this may be a lie but again, innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not defending him because he clearly broke the law by obtaining drugs in the first place but unless you were there (were you?) you can't be so presumptuous with a serious matter like death. I also noticed you mentioned both of their ages which is again irrelevant, you just did it to make the situation look worse. It wouldn't matter if an 18 year old or an 80 year old, it's the same thing.

Now I'll ask this again, can we please get on topic instead of talking about a guy that retired like 20 years ago and never played for either Gold Coast team?

Mature age professional athlete takes young girl to hotel room and provides her with a variety of illegal drugs causing overdose and death, then refuses police cooperation.
    No mention of specific age, that sounds better doesn't
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

Mature age professional athlete takes young girl to hotel room and provides her with a variety of illegal drugs causing overdose and death, then refuses police cooperation.
    No mention of specific age, that sounds better doesn't
    That sounds like manslaughter

As I said before, I'm not defending him because it does sound very suspicious but to label him a murderer is unjust at this moment in time. So how do you think the Suns and Titans compare to one another? Do you think my analysis in the original post was fair?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    That sounds like manslaughter

As I said before, I'm not defending him because it does sound very suspicious but to label him a murderer is unjust at this moment in time. So how do you think the Suns and Titans compare to one another? Do you think my analysis in the original post was fair?
    I cant compare the two teams tbh as i have no interest at all in the other team, but i will say this, if the Suns are behind the Titans in any of the categories, then there needs to be an enquiry, because i have never seen a more unprofessional club then the titans in every aspect of there business.

In saying that, word on the street, is that a lot of ex Vics love the Suns team, and they pay good money to live here, so all the power to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Bird had 2 beers once and got crucified.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-09-13 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

The Suns star player's father is a murderer who killed a 19yr old girl by overdosing her on drugs in his hotel room.

I don't believe the Titans have any players who can lay claim to anything like that????

Fair comparison?
    I just don't see where you are going with this? It's not really related at all to the topic? You couldn't possibly connect that incident with the Suns unless you merely stated that their star player happens to be his son. I remember Jamal's cousin got put in prison for hitting him with a sword or something along those lines. Should this be a blemish on the Titans organisation? I hope your answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I cant compare the two teams tbh as i have no interest at all in the other team, but i will say this, if the Suns are behind the Titans in any of the categories, then there needs to be an enquiry, because i have never seen a more unprofessional club then the titans in every aspect of there business.

In saying that, word on the street, is that a lot of ex Vics love the Suns team, and they pay good money to live here, so all the power to you.
    Well I put us behind in most categories to the Suns with the exception of team success. But you expect that when comparing a team in their seventh year to a team in their third year. How can we catch up to the Suns or is that just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Bird had 2 beers once and got crucified.
    2? I thought one got spilt?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    So obviously this will affect the marketability of both teams without a proper post boy. As I alluded to before, Jamal seems to be our poster boy now but is no where near as hyped as he used to be. The Suns will be hurt by Gary Ablett's departure even if they have another poster boy by that time. I have read articles that have stated he might be the best player ever so it's obviously a huge loss.

So the question I would ask you know is - how do the Titans/Suns improve in the areas of criteria I pointed out. How do the Titans improve their fan base, stadium, community work and tv time? Alternatively, how do the Suns improve team success and profitability? I understand you may not be extremely knowledgeable about the Suns but I'd appreciate the effort if you tried.
    Missed visiting the forum yesterday due to other commitments. So only getting back to this now.

What you mentioned about how teams might go about improving on the Coast are all areas that should be covered. But at this stage, it doesn't appear that the Titans Management can address any of those concerns because they appear to be a disfucntional business. The only areas that appear to be working as they should is Player Recruitment and Membership/Ticketing (IMO). Everything else appears to be operating well below par. So until they address and fix what's broken, they can't take it to the next level that you mentioned above. And I honestly believe they cannot go forward until Searle fully relinquishes all of his control to a CEO and Board Members that can have a genuine crack at operating the franchise as it should be (without bias).

As for the Suns, I haven't followed how they operate so I can't comment apart from mentioning that the AFL and NRL need the Coast teams in their Comps, just as much as the Coast needs to be involved in them. There's definitely market here for both, but as usual, it's a challenge to get the locals to support either in the form of fully paid year in year out Memberships.

It doesn't help the Coast's case of being a bit of a transient City, where most folks that live on Coast derive from other areas and/or don't stay long enough to embrace the City as their own. That to me is another major factor not working in the Coasts favour.

If anything, both the Suns and Titans come game days (at home) can have their supporter base outnumbered by the visiting teams supporters. For instance, the Titans can be outnumbered by Warriors, Rabbitohs etc come game day 'n the Suns (I'm lead to believe) can be outnumbered by Collingwood, Geelong etc come game day.

Those are just some obstacles that quickly come to mind. For what it's worth, I'm not really that keen into disecting the issues surrounding both teams on the Coast, and how to go about addressing them. Because I really don't know/follow that much about the Suns to give a fair comment. And with the Titans, we have enough issues to contend with a supporters level, without getting into another teams issues..
    Last edited by Toads; 19-09-13 at 07:35 AM.

A real and fair comparison between the Titans and the Suns?

No problem.

The Titans are better, because they play Rugby League.

Hope that helps settle the matter once and for all.

I have a "ex" mate who bought a membership with the skid marks & he has 4 memberships to his name after buying one membership, that should sort out the bull**** numbers that the Scums claim, sounds like Adult Auskick to me..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sometimes I just think this CoastSportsFan just posts about Titans in some attempt to gain trust and credibility to preach to us about the Suns.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Sometimes I just think this CoastSportsFan just posts about Titans in some attempt to gain trust and credibility to preach to us about the Suns.
    It might have something to do about the Suns not having a Forum of their own. So ours might be the next best alternative.

I gotta admit, CoastSportsFan. Your question during our final home game earlier this year was a bizarre one. Most would ask about the score etc. But your 'left field' one, wanting to know about crowd numbers was quiet unique I thought.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Missed visiting the forum yesterday due to other commitments. So only getting back to this now.

What you mentioned about how teams might go about improving on the Coast are all areas that should be covered. But at this stage, it doesn't appear that the Titans Management can address any of those concerns because they appear to be a disfucntional business. The only areas that appear to be working as they should is Player Recruitment and Membership/Ticketing (IMO). Everything else appears to be operating well below par. So until they address and fix what's broken, they can't take it to the next level that you mentioned above. And I honestly believe they cannot go forward until Searle fully relinquishes all of his control to a CEO and Board Members that can have a genuine crack at operating the franchise as it should be (without bias).

As for the Suns, I haven't followed how they operate so I can't comment apart from mentioning that the AFL and NRL need the Coast teams in their Comps, just as much as the Coast needs to be involved in them. There's definitely market here for both, but as usual, it's a challenge to get the locals to support either in the form of fully paid year in year out Memberships.

It doesn't help the Coast's case of being a bit of a transient City, where most folks that live on Coast derive from other areas and/or don't stay long enough to embrace the City as their own. That to me is another major factor not working in the Coasts favour.

If anything, both the Suns and Titans come game days (at home) can have their supporter base outnumbered by the visiting teams supporters. For instance, the Titans can be outnumbered by Warriors, Rabbitohs etc come game day 'n the Suns (I'm lead to believe) can be outnumbered by Collingwood, Geelong etc come game day.

Those are just some obstacles that quickly come to mind. For what it's worth, I'm not really that keen into disecting the issues surrounding both teams on the Coast, and how to go about addressing them. Because I really don't know/follow that much about the Suns to give a fair comment. And with the Titans, we have enough issues to contend with a supporters level, without getting into another teams issues..
    Thanks for the effort mate. I guess it's hard for anyone to really establish themselves on the coast but both the Titans and Suns have done a reasonable job during their existence. Do you think more Victorians moving to the GC than New South Welshmen is a huge advantage for them going forward? We all know Vics are more willing to attend an event than NSWers so that has got to be a plus for the Suns, right? It's interesting to me that most Titans supporters that are taking this thread seriously will admit that the Suns are in a better position going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I have never made a secret about the fact that I support both Gold Coast teams? I just don't understand the hate from so many RL supporters. You didn't have to read this thread and you didn't have to respond so it's not as if I'm jamming it down your throat.

It might have something to do about the Suns not having a Forum of their own. So ours might be the next best alternative.

I gotta admit, CoastSportsFan. Your question during our final home game earlier this year was a bizarre one. Most would ask about the score etc. But your 'left field' one, wanting to know about crowd numbers was quiet unique I thought.
    I asked about the crowd because I wanted to know how much the Bledisloe Cup affected the turnout. I can easily find the live scores online.

I gotta admit, CoastSportsFan. Your question during our final home game earlier this year was a bizarre one. Most would ask about the score etc. But your 'left field' one, wanting to know about crowd numbers was quite unique I thought.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER