Before you chime in with your anti-AFL campaign please consider that this is a genuine attempt at comparing the two teams who hail from the Gold Coast. This is MY opinion and I invite you to share yours but please don't take this thread into the gutter. Try to be fair. This is just based on knowledge I have of the two teams. I will assess both teams in the following criteria: team success, fan base, stadium, marketability, community work, tv time and profitability.

Team Success
Really a no brainer here. The Titans reached a preliminary final in 2010 while the highest the Suns have finished was 14th.

Winner: Titans

Fan Base
Tough to judge. Not sure of the exact number of members but I believe the Titans have around 7.5k members and the Suns have 12.5k members. This is a big plus for the Suns as it shows their fans are willing to invest in the club. This isn't the first time this has happened either, the Suns have always had a larger membership base than the Titans. Another factor for the fan base is crowd attendances. The Titans have fallen off considerably in the last few years while the Suns crowds have been getting better. Both average around 14k at the moment. So... although I believe the Titans may have more total fans, I have to give to the Suns fans because they are more willing to invest in the team. Therefore, the better fan base IMO.

Winner: Suns

Stadium
A 27k stadium vs a 25k staduim looks like a simple contest but there is more to it. The stadium deal the Titans have is not good (as we all know) while the Suns have quite a good deal. The Suns stadium will also be upgraded to 40,000 seats in four years time. Having said that, Robina stadium is located right next to a train station which is good. I have to go with Carrara though just because of what the stadium will become in the very short future. If there were no plans to upgrade Carrara it would be a very tight contest.

Marketability

Two factors here. The Titans get more exposure locally while the Sun get more exposure nationally. He may not be that popular in QLD or NSW but Gary Ablett is a huge name around the rest of Australia. By all accounts Ablett is the best player in the AFL. The Titans most marketable player is probably Jamal Idris but his hype has fallen off lately. I'm going to give this one a draw because the Titans are better off on the GC but the Suns are better off nationally.

Winner: Draw

Community Work

Anyone who followed the Titans in their first few years would know how much community work they did. It was huge and was very effectively. However, I feel this has dropped off in the recent years with school visits being one of the only forms of community work the Titans do these days. After doing some research I discovered that the Suns model is community based and they do an enormous amount of work in the community. Holding an event at their stadium for the homeless population of the GC is just one of many example of what they have done for the community this year. I gotta give this one to the Suns.

TV Time

Easy. Suns are shown live every week while the Titans aren't. The Suns also have their own show on channel 7. No contest.

Profitability

The Titans problem with debt has been well publicised but David May stated earlier this year that the Titans no longer are in doubt and make a small profit annually. The Suns made a profit in their first year but haven't reported on it in the last two years so I can only presume they are breaking even or making a loss. For this reason I have to give it to the Titans but it must be noted that the Suns could be making a profit and I just don't know about it.

Winner: Titans

You guys have a go. Feel free to add different forms of criteria but please try to stay fair. This is intended to be a civil conversation and not offensive.