Default World Cup: USA vs Cook Islands (Group D)

USA vs COOK ISLANDS
    Wednesday October 30 KO: 8:00pm
    MEMORIAL STADIUM BRISTOL
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

USA vs Cook Islands, Bristol
    Live on 7mate
    Thursday Oct 31 – 7AM AEDT (6AM Queensland time)

COOK Islands come into the tournament with a low profile compared to their Pacific rivals, but have pulled together a side to rival the more-fancied Samoa and Tonga.

The team includes 10 players of NRL experience.

Dylan Napa, Sam Mataora, Zeb Taia, Zane Tetevano and Tinirau Arona provide some serious grunt up front, while Penrith revelation Isaac John will steer the ship from halfback.

He will be hoping to ignite a star-studded backline that includes Drury Low, Dominique Peyroux, Keith Lulia, and Brad Takairangi.

Cook Islands ($1.27) go into the match as near-unbackable favourites to defeat rugby league minnows USA ($3.82).

But even so, the Americans have put together a competitive side that includes four current NRL players - Joseph Paulo, Junior Paulo, Joel Luani and Clint Newton.

Outside backs Matt Petersen (Cowboys, Eels, Titans) and Ryan McGoldrick (Sharks) have also played NRL, but now ply their trade in the Super League.

LIKELY TEAMS:

USA: Tuisegasega Samoa, Bureta Faramio, Matt Petersen, Ryan McGoldrick, Kristian Freed, Joseph Paulo, David Marando, Junior Paulo, Joel Luani, Mark Offerdahl, Matthew Shipway, Clint Newton, Daniel Howard. Interchange: Judah Lavulo, Mark Cantoni, Andrew Durutalo, Stephen Howard. Coach: Terry Matterson

Cook Islands: Drury Low, Chris Taripo, Dominique Peyroux, Keith Lulia, Jordan Rapana, Brad Takairangi, Isaac John, Dylan Napa, Daniel Fepuleai, Sam Mataora, Zeb Taia, Zane Tetevano, Tinirau Arona. Interchange: Jonathon Ford, Anthony Gelling, Tyrone Viiga, Tupou Sopoaga. Coach: David Fairleigh

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/oth...#ixzz2izbRGxdZ

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Takarangi at 6 maybe he knows something we don't

Side show Bobs 1st 2 touches in the match were very forgetful with a try coming off his 2nd mistake but his next grab of the pill was a 4 pointer

Yanks are playing surprisingly well leading 8-6after 17 minutes..
    #itaintweaktospeak

After seeing Taka play in the 1st half & his 1st kick of the 2nd half charged down I now understand why we haven't seen him play 5/8 previously ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think this game has the oldest touch judge to ever hold a flag, Tony Martin has to be in his 70's ,,good on him just hope he doesn't get an Aussie game
    #itaintweaktospeak

The ref reminds me of Wayne barttim
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The ref reminds me of Wayne barttim
    a piss head
    #itaintweaktospeak

US win RLWC clash with Cook Islands

AAP
    10:04am Thu 31st October, 2013

A-AP - Captain Joseph Paulo was inspirational as USA began their Rugby League World Cup debut with a 32-20 win over Cook Islands, but a TV glitch meant Australians fans were unable to watch the clash live.

In an embarrassment for tournament organisers, the match kicked off on Wednesday night in Bristol with supporters around the world having no way to watch the action.

"There's a technical issue with the TV feed on Premier Sports. They're working hard to resolve it. We'll let you know more when we can," a message on the tournament's official Twitter account read.

The issue was resolved early in the first half, with the Seven Network showing the contest on delay on 7mate.

"The issues this morning are being experienced all over the world not just @7Sport it is a major error from host broadcaster IMG," Ryan Phelan, host of Seven's World Cup coverage, tweeted.

Despite the break at halftime, coverage was still delayed in the second stanza and pictures went to air of USA coach Terry Matterson celebrating over 15 minutes after it happened.

On the field, tries inside the final nine minutes from Mark Offerdahl and Craig Priestly settled a see-saw battle at the Memorial Stadium.

Retired NRL winger Matt Petersen, NRL hopeful Bureta Faraimo and Redcliffe Dolphin Tui Samoa - all based in Queensland - and Parramatta utility Paulo also crossed for the Tomahawks.

USA skipper Paulo also contributed eight points with the boot and was named man of the match.

Brad Takairangi, Drury Low, Lulia Lulia and Dominique Peyroux scored tries for the Cook Islands.

The two sides were tied at 10-10 at halftime, then 14-14 and 20-20 until an offload from Paulo put former Queensland under-17 representative Offerdahl over for the crucial go-ahead try.

"I don't get overly emotional," said Matterson, USA's third national coach in the space of two months after Warriors mentor Matthew Elliott and ex-Sydney Roosters boss Brian Smith both stepped down.

"But with these guys and what they've done in the last three weeks, it's really been quite amazing," added the North Queensland assistant coach and one-time NSW State of Origin representative.

"...They have come together, they did not know each well at all and they went through some adversity.

"But we had a good trial win in France and we have had a great time together and I am so proud of these guys.

"All credit to them, it's a real shot in the arm for US rugby league."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    a piss head
    Haha yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Spewing I missed this. It didn't record for me. I'm going to have to track down a copy. Surprising result. Great crowd. I wanna see the touchie. Another good chapter in RLWC it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Spewing I missed this. It didn't record for me. I'm going to have to track down a copy. Surprising result. Great crowd. I wanna see the touchie. Another good chapter in RLWC it seems!
    I've got it on T-Box, if anyone knows how to transfer files on one of those things.

Anyway, unreal game, really enjoyable, if you aren't wanting good footy but are happy with an enjoyable upset.

Probably my fave game of the tournament so far, probably because I was secretly going for USA.