Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I dont think any of our players had bad seasons.
    Some had fantastic years, in Gordon, Kelley, Idris, Bird, and imo Ridge

Guys like Mead, James, Fallon, Sezer, Zilly and Taka all stepped up to a better level.

7 of them made the Australian Training team
    That didnt include Zilly, and Idris both shoe ins.
    And Mead who would have made it if an Aussie

why are we not playing finals footy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    He has had a good yr. IMO
    Overall I agree, particularly compared to his last couple of years.
    Out of interest though where do you rate him against the other fullbacks (refer my earlier post).
    Most of us would agree that the spine of 1,6,7,and 9 pretty well determine how a team will go. Now, not wanting to discredit Albert Kelly's great achievement of making the Roos train on squad, in my opinion all but one of the halfs going around this week are significantly better at this stage than Albert. For arguments sake let's say Albert is about the 8th best half and with Zilly being about the 11th best fullback (in my opinion) it points to a mid table or worse finish.

I think if we giving out fantastic yrs it would only go to Bird. He stayed at a tough bugger level for almost the entire yr.

A few others had good yrs. for their standards
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I dont think any of our players had bad seasons.
    Some had fantastic years, in Gordon, Kelley, Idris, Bird, and imo Ridge

Guys like Mead, James, Fallon, Sezer, Zilly and Taka all stepped up to a better level.

7 of them made the Australian Training team
    That didnt include Zilly, and Idris both shoe ins.
    And Mead who would have made it if an Aussie
    he is an Aussie as soon as selectors deem they want him in the squad. Sad but true, he and all the others born overseas shouldn't be allowed to play for Aust
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    he is an Aussie as soon as selectors deem they want him in the squad. Sad but true, he and all the others born overseas shouldn't be allowed to play for Aust
    yeah that is true, they killing international footy in the process
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    but I don't think he gets caught out in defence
    Missing under the high ball too often or just plain missing was what I meant ... he can tackle side-on though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I would have Kelly above The halfbacks in teams 5-8.
    Robson hodko Tyrone Roberts and rob lui.

So he's somewhere like the 5th best half. And he's getting better.

But agree that a huge portion of our team had good years. Some great.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I would have Kelly above The halfbacks in teams 5-8.
    Robson hodko Tyrone Roberts and rob lui.

So he's somewhere like the 5th best half. And he's getting better.

But agree that a huge portion of our team had good years. Some great.
    Yeah I would too. I made a bit of a blue thinking Carney was the Sharks half as was Thurston for the Cows. Still indicates to me that our 5/8 and half combo is well down the list in order of ability compared to others despite the fact that Sezer and Kelly are the best we have had for a while.
    Patience required I guess but I would expect great improvement in Kelly next year with a settled pre season behind him.

Your spine definitely determines what team you are. Look at the Top 4, they all have the best spines, probably not in order

IMO

1. Storm
    2. Souths
    3. Manly
    4. Roosters

But if you compare our spine to their spine, we're most definitely inferior; and where does our weakness lie? Most definitely in the fullback position.

We have an organizing half in Sezer (Who IMO should be playing 7; but not that it really matters)...
    We have a great niggly hooker in Falloon, and if on the off-season can work on a kicking game will put him in one of the top 5 hookers in the comep
    Kelly is a five-eighth, despite wearing number 7 on his back..
    And Zillman needs to be replaced with someone who can control the team... MEAD

If we had a spine that consisted of

1. Mead
    6. Kelly
    7. Sezer
    9. Falloon

We'd most definitely be more successful then we have this year. The Titans are definitely a top 4 team, we have great forwards who can match it with any team, and we have the ability to have a great spine, again the only problem lies with our backline. But I do personally believe with the inclusion of Blair, we should be a more potently attacking side. We just need to fire.

We certainly have the ability to win the premiership, we just need a slight re-shuffle in our backline; maybe a new coach would bring some justice towards our team?

You won't get much resistance on this forum with any of that Riley.

If we are doing the three wishes thing then mine would be:

1. Find a coach - debated enough
    2. Find a fullback - debated enough and I having nothing against Mead playing there at all but he needs time and he is no certainty to get the #1 jersey
    3. Find another tyro prop like James with an off-load - what we lack in our go forward is that none of Bailey, Douglas, White or Myles really tears into the line then passes effectively.

Next season we will have a left side with a ripping group of Gordon, Sezer, Taylor, James and a running Blair (by the banks of a river) while we on the right we could have a similar balance with Zillman, Kelly, Idris, [enter effective prop here] and Takairangi but not Myles whom I consider a plodding backrower in that rotation.

With Falloon up front, Mead behind and Bird popping up any damn well where he pleases then that formation will trouble the lot of them.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-09-13 at 03:06 PM.

I would have loved to seen Idris finish the season he was getting better with every game, Hopefully next year he has no injurys and blitzes it.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If we are doing the three wishes thing then mine would be:

1. Find a coach - debated enough
    2. Find a fullback - debated enough and I having nothing against Mead playing there at all but he needs time and he is no certainty to get the #1 jersey
    3. Find another tyro prop like James with an off-load - what we lack in our go forward is that none of Bailey, Douglas, White or Myles really tears into the line then passes effectively.

Next season we will have a left side with a ripping group of Gordon, Sezer, Taylor, James and a running Blair (by the banks of a river) while we on the right we could have a similar balance with Zillman, Kelly, Idris, [enter effective prop here] and Takairangi but not Myles whom I consider a plodding backrower in that rotation.

With Falloon up front, Mead behind and Bird popping up any damn well where he pleases then that formation will trouble the lot of them.
    That's one way of looking at it......or we could very well have the same squad as this yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I forgot to add that James tears in but isn't effective with his offloads. Let's add support play to the list of the things we don't see enough of.