Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1799

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter from Peter Babel.

@badds76: Breaking: Titans rule out chasing wayne bennett. Full story in courier mail tomrow.

Didn't think that we would stand a chance of getting Bennett. Where would we get the cash to afford him.
    WHy would we we already have a super coach.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Bye week and media clutching at straws.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    If we guess the coffee drinker will you tell us?? I'd guess Trent Barrett.
    Not Barret, Coached two teams and played for three.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    Not Barret, Coached two teams and played for three.
    Has their name been mentioned in this thread?

Can't be Taylor as he played for 4 teams during a twelve-year career with the Western Suburbs Magpies, North Sydney Bears, Northern Eagles and Parramatta Eels.

Well that's what Wiki just had on him.

Northern Eagles was a joint venture between the Bears & the Sea Eagles so maybe Noddy1979 is counting this as one club?

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Northern Eagles was a joint venture between the Bears & the Sea Eagles so maybe Noddy1979 is counting this as one club?
    My thoughts too

I don't consider Northern Eagles as a club at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Yeah thought so too. But then also remembered that it was either the Bears or the Eagles that didn't pay players as well. I could be wrong. If it was Taylor he must not have learnt from that experience. :-)

There could be some weight to this Bennett story. I was at my local on Wednesday night and they had NRL360 on. They gave the Bennett to the Titans a fair run (from what I could tell as there was no sound). We got excited because it seemed to come from the blue and there was BEN IKIN (Wayne's son-in-law) running it on his show.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    There could be some weight to this Bennett story. I was at my local on Wednesday night and they had NRL360 on. They gave the Bennett to the Titans a fair run (from what I could tell as there was no sound). We got excited because it seemed to come from the blue and there was BEN IKIN (Wayne's son-in-law) running it on his show.
    Annesley ruled it out in today's paper mate. Said we already have 2 NRL coaches so wouldn't need a third

Junior

I swear that Bennett to the titans rumour started on LU from chat about where he could end up. Te media just loves to jump on any bandwagon to create a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I swear that Bennett to the titans rumour started on LU from chat about where he could end up. Te media just loves to jump on any bandwagon to create a story.
    Yeah honestly I never really looked into it. The obvious thing was that Carty isn't on his way out yet (unfortunately), combined with the fact that we don't have the finances to back it.

If we were to get a coach, it'd have to be someone who is accepting it primarily to get a first grade gig in the NRL. We can't compete financially for the high profile coaches unfortunately..much like we can't compete for the players of this status either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Annesley ruled it out in today's paper mate. Said we already have 2 NRL coaches so wouldn't need a third
    I just read that story. It depressed me no end. I am fearful for where this club will be if Cartwright is coaching the same list at this time next year... One thing is for sure, I will be hundreds of dollars better off financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He really said that? F*ck me this guy really is nothing more than a yes man.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 27-06-14 at 03:21 PM.