Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Personally I would only go after a top class fullback, halves or hooker that become available.
    Shouldn't Glen Stewart be in the list of off contract back rowers?
    The only fullback who is really of that standard and off contract is Kevin Locke. I'd rather we persisted with Mead and Roberts though tbh. Plus I could imagine the Raiders and Bulldogs will throw huge money at him after the Broncs stole both their fullbacks haha

Halves- List for 2015 availability is very weak. Off contract end of 2015 however has the likes of DCE, A. Reynolds, Hodko, Foran and Maloney. Sezer is also off contract end of 2015.

Hooker's available off contract end of 2014 are not many..end of 2015 however there is Isaac Luke and Jake Friend as well.

Glen Stewart is listed under the "lock" category on Zerotackle as well.

A few people here have mentioned Loko; he isn't available until 2015 either. Bearing in mind he turned down a 500k/season offer with the warriors last year in order to stay closer to his family, I'm not sure he'd be the easiest player to pick up

What are peoples thoughts in going after Konrad Hurrell?? He seems solid in attack.

I just can't get interested in Glen Stewart. He's fruit salad without the ice-cream in my opinion. I have a growing confidence in Mead's potential and if Roberts can cover FB if needed but makes a decent centre then great. Hooker is the one that bothers me and most of all is watching Friend go round at the Warriors, how did that happen again? Oh yeah, he had a spat with Searle and the coach. Although we couldn't keep them all, Gavin Cooper, Lawrence, Thompson and Tagataese would certainly help our strike power. On top of that, how about Idris twiddling those man-tits of his … what a wanker.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    What are peoples thoughts in going after Konrad Hurrell?? He seems solid in attack.
    Unfortunately defensively he is quite poor - and for this reason was dropped back to NSW cup this week. I agree he is a great strike centre though.

I thought he was hard done by, he must have done something else and he certainly didn't lose the game for them although Nielsen had a fair bit to do with it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah how Hurrell got dropped ahead of Nielsen is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    A few people here have mentioned Loko; he isn't available until 2015 either. Bearing in mind he turned down a 500k/season offer with the warriors last year in order to stay closer to his family, I'm not sure he'd be the easiest player to pick up
    Woah! i did not know this. 500K is massive overs for him I reckon. Ohwell.

Hurrell has some attitude issues from what i've heard. As devastating as he is on his day, his defense leaves a fair bit to be desired. That said, for the right price we'd be crazy not to sound him out.

I like the young spine we're building. If we're going to sign a fullback, halve or hooker - I hope its a DCE or Milford type big name.

Outside of a must-buy marquee player like DCE, Milford, Falou, Hunt, Fergo etc. with Bails, Mini and Harro on their way out, I think we need big mobile forward. Nappa, Turgess, Kasiano, Mcguire, Lawrence, Teo +more all off contract 2015.

Interesting times ahead.

Yeah thought Hurrell was alittle suspect in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I thought he was hard done by, he must have done something else and he certainly didn't lose the game for them although Nielsen had a fair bit to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Yeah how Hurrell got dropped ahead of Nielsen is beyond me.
    Off field indiscretion has seen him dropped not form
    #itaintweaktospeak

when prince was leaving for the broncs, i always maintained we should have gone for hodkinson.

Dont think Des will let him go, but he is only a step below DCE and a real quarterback type player. would be very useful.

I think Mead Sezer and Kelly are all good enough, but they are ALL ball runners. you can having a running FB like Meady if u have 2 halves who can ball play, and you can have a running 5/8th like sezer if the FB can ball play a bit...but if they all just run you wont get very far...which is where coaching usually comes in.

For us, im happy with Falloon, with Carter doing a little bit of work (less than he has been, he can drop into the second row for abit more imo. Mead or Roberts at back is fine, but Alby and Sezer need to get taught how to run a football team if we are ever going to score enough points so we dont have to arm wrestle every week relying on intercepts and dummy halves dive overs to get the points.

i think we still need one centre who can create for himself, and id be happy. still the coaching at the end of the day that needs the most attention.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    when prince was leaving for the broncs, i always maintained we should have gone for hodkinson.

Dont think Des will let him go, but he is only a step below DCE and a real quarterback type player. would be very useful.

For us, im happy with Falloon, with Carter doing a little bit of work (less than he has been, he can drop into the second row for abit more imo. Mead or Roberts at back is fine, but Alby and Sezer need to get taught how to run a football team if we are ever going to score enough points so we dont have to arm wrestle every week relying on intercepts and dummy halves dive overs to get the points.

i think we still need one centre who can create for himself, and id be happy. still the coaching at the end of the day that needs the most attention.

Interesting about Trent Hodgo. I often think if Hasler hadn't pinched him where would DCE be now. As yes I agree that it's the coaching that might need the most attention.
    HS - thanks for your summary of who is off contract in the spine positions. In that case I would not sign anyone and save the dollars for 2015.
    I wouldn't touch Hurrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    [/B]
    Interesting about Trent Hodgo. I often think if Hasler hadn't pinched him where would DCE be now. As yes I agree that it's the coaching that might need the most attention.
    HS - thanks for your summary of who is off contract in the spine positions. In that case I would not sign anyone and save the dollars for 2015.
    I wouldn't touch Hurrell.
    Any word up north on Khan Awhang signing?
    I think it is not too early to call Likkiiki's signing as a waste of money.
    As for signing forwards, Bull Bailey is playing as good as ever.
    I'd let White go if we can't compete with the sharks offer. He's not a starting forward anyway.
    Mini is 50/50. He consistent bad hands, but the sight of him bulldozing Billy Slater for a try may warrant an extension.
    Luke Page & Ioane have both shown enough for Burleigh this year to get a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Off field indiscretion has seen him dropped not form
    Cover up?

“Konrad knows what he has to work on and he’ll do that with the New South Wales Cup side,” said coach Andrew McFadden. “It’s a performance-related matter concerning his defensive effort KPIs. It has been made clear to him what he needs to improve on.”

Source

At the moment, Konrad is a classic waste of talent. Could be one of the best in his position in the right environment. Change of club would probably do him the world of good, but I'm not sure if we're that club. Sounds like he is on the outer at the warriors though.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Cover up?

“Konrad knows what he has to work on and he’ll do that with the New South Wales Cup side,” said coach Andrew McFadden. “It’s a performance-related matter concerning his defensive effort KPIs. It has been made clear to him what he needs to improve on.”

Source

At the moment, Konrad is a classic waste of talent. Could be one of the best in his position in the right environment. Change of club would probably do him the world of good, but I'm not sure if we're that club. Sounds like he is on the outer at the warriors though.
    He's like a lot of the "Bro's" that have a huge problem with their diets & that along with their attitudes are whats needed to be fixed , Konrad has untold potential but he needs to lose the big head ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He's like a lot of the "Bro's" that have a huge problem with their diets & that along with their attitudes are whats needed to be fixed , Konrad has untold potential but he needs to lose the big head ..
    No. IMO Konrad just needs to learn how to put in in defence, just like Likiliki for the Bears/Titans. Konrad's m,inset may still be stuck in NYC, where he bulldozed all for a couple of seasons, but didn't have to tackle in a Oztag comp.