Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1799

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Well ok if we do sign Boyd what would our back line look like.
    1. Boyd
    2. Don
    3. Mead
    4. Roberts
    5. Zillman/Gordon

Zillman is a good finisher and is speedy so may go well on the wing.
    After years of head scratching selection decisions it seems that even we, as a supporter base, don't know what we want. If we signed Boyd our backine for 2015, right now, would look EXACTLY like this:

1. Boyd
    2. ???
    3. Roberts
    4. ???
    5. Mead

Boyd is a better fullback than Mead.
    Mead is the best winger at the club.
    Roberts has the potential to be the best centre we have ever had at this club.
    There are open spots everywhere which should lead to good competition within the squad if harnessed well by the coach.

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, I am all for the club looking at Boyd. He is better than anything we have got here.

I think that we have a diamond in the rough with Jahrome hughes he has been one of the standouts of this years NYC comp, he is one of the better defensive fullbacks and can score tries I think a pre season under his belt he may surprise a few, whether he stays at fullback or moves to centre or even 5/8th in his developmnt this kid can play.

Gagai wants to go to brissy. Would be a decent signing for us

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I think that we have a diamond in the rough with Jahrome hughes he has been one of the standouts of this years NYC comp, he is one of the better defensive fullbacks and can score tries I think a pre season under his belt he may surprise a few, whether he stays at fullback or moves to centre or even 5/8th in his developmnt this kid can play.
    Ive liked what I've seen from him but he has one major drawback IMO. He's very slow moving around the park.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Ive liked what I've seen from him but he has one major drawback IMO. He's very slow moving around the park.
    yeah agree that's what makes me think he may be reinvented into a 5/8th in his senior years

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    yeah agree that's what makes me think he may be reinvented into a 5/8th in his senior years
    Yeah same, some time in Q cup will do him a world of good
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey Teke if we were to sign Boyd do you think that we would loose Mead or would he be happy to play with a player like Boyd? Could do what Roosters have done with TSheck and Mini???

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Hey Teke if we were to sign Boyd do you think that we would loose Mead or would he be happy to play with a player like Boyd? Could do what Roosters have done with TSheck and Mini???
    i really hope he would move on, he's a professional and will fulfil contract
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

we shouldn't consider making accommodations for players just because we like them ... that was the Cartwright way ... Mead should make his decision on what contract fits best. he may not be PNG's first choice fullback shortly either with Eliab's form and patriotic following as Hunters captain ... like all professionals he only has so much control over where he plays ... he is a Titans icon who would enjoy that status at which other club?

Mead would be my first choice fullback at the moment but not over Boyd.
    Last edited by Titanic; 19-08-14 at 04:06 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Would like to see the titan make a play for Gagai, think he has miles more potential than darius

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    he's an Origin player and a local ... how can we afford to be so selective ?
    Exactly. Maybe if we were a consistent top 8 side we could be so picky but we are a struggling team that needs an experienced player in our spine. I might get some hate for this but I don't really think that a spine of Mead, Sezer, Kelly and Falloon will make us a competitive force. Boyd is an Origin and Australian player who is the second highest try scorer in origin history. You are plain stupid if you don't make a challenge for him.

Since it's also confirmed (pretty much) that Sezer is leaving either this year or next year, we need to look at recruiting either DCE or Hunt for 2015/16. We need an experienced half who knows how to close out games. Sure I agree that we need to focus on junior development but you can't rely on that alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Would like to see the titan make a play for Gagai, think he has miles more potential than darius
    He is a good player but he is very weak defensively. Would take Boyd over Gagai any day.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 19-08-14 at 07:50 PM.

My guess is that Boyd will continue to do what he's done over the years....... follow Bennett

His latest article about his rehab listed Bennett as one of the people he most respects and admires.

Here's to 2015

nothing wrong with Gagai except he plays right centre and we have one. I would like to load the pack with young blokes, buy a team onfield general in the backs and let the coach do his job. No neanderthal forward leaders, no player power and no boardroom coaches.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    we shouldn't consider making accommodations for players just because we like them ... that was the Cartwright way ... Mead should make his decision on what contract fits best. he may not be PNG's first choice fullback shortly either with Eliab's form and patriotic following as Hunters captain ... like all professionals he only has so much control over where he plays ... he is a Titans icon who would enjoy that status at which other club?

Mead would be my first choice fullback at the moment but not over Boyd.
    His kumuls days are behind him. That national side is a disaster
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

I would like the club to chase DCE but do we really believe he would come to the club as it is atm. We need this group of business men to buy out Searle's share of the club and fast. Otherwise we will continue to not be able to compete in the player market.