Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1799

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I don't see why we need another fullback tbh with you, man.

We have Mead and Roberts..both wonderful talents, and they are both extremely capable of playing fullback. We need new forwards...I'm sorry but Bird doesn't cut it for me, anymore. He is going through the phases with the Titans, he needs someone to challenge his spot in the Lock/Second row position/s. I don't want Boyd though, I'd rather we have our young guys get a chance at first grade.....

Yeah mate, weve got talented forwards coming through in carter/ioane/burr/james. Still need someone who can bend the line though imo, we only have DT atm

I think we really need a decent hooker and half before the rest though tbh

Yes, it's an interesting conundrum ... having marquee players is one thing but being able to lay down a platform is so much more important.

Priorities (not counting support staff)

1. a quality hooker if Srama doesn't cut it in game 1 although I am sitting on the fence regarding Mortimer.
    2. a quality hooker (just in case you missed point 1)
    3. At least two centres bought, borrowed or stolen from our juniors or other clubs immediately because we have Roberts and who else ... apart from Blair and Tighe who I rate but who are running on aging legs? None of our outside backs or backrow should be considered as candidates.
    4. I know I have repeated myself but I think our forward depth is okay. Not great but ok. Douglas, Myles, James, White and Ioane up front with Bird, Taylor, Carter, Ridge, Robinson and Burr in the backrow plus whatever we may have coming up.
    5. Our half depth is also ok if we are truly rebuilding from inside and prepared into look in the lower grades with Kelly, Sezer, Mortimer, Hazard and whoever else is emerging.
    6. Our outside backs are also okay as I feel Zillman should be considered as a wing/fb(not centre or 5/8), Mead, Don, KFFL, Gordon and some emerging talent.
    7. We don't need Boyd and we don't really need Hannant because I would rather develop our own but we could use them if we got them.

Finish 12th in 2015 while recruiting hard and stick it to them in 2016.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-09-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Lara Pitt just said on the Matty Johns Show that in the Wayne Bennent presser that there will be no Ben Hannant at the Broncos next year. Just wondering if anyone else heard the same. ????
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think an interesting part of 2015 will be the rise of some of our junior halves.

Fogarty, Hazard and Elgey all bring different styles and should hopefully all see NRL in 2015 at some stage. I hope that Hazard gets his injuries right because Elgey was a class above him in 2014.

Fogarty will be putting pressure on Mortimer and Sezer..tremendous form for Tweed. You're all calling out for one of our juniors to make grade - he's the most likely at the moment. I hope he guns it in 2015.

I don't understand the Ben Hanant bandwagon, the blokes over weight can't tackle on the left edge and has running style people target to hit under the rib cage to squeeze the ball out.

hes not overweight. i see him semi regularly, and i was shocked at first cos he looks chunky on TV, but he looks super fit up close.

he wears funny pads under his jersey, but if you saw him he is large chest and tapers down to a small waste. not a lot of fat at all.

So looks like we can put a line through Ben Hunt until 2017. Bennent wants him and has offered him a fresh extension. We will either stick with Morts or go hard at DCE.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    So looks like we can put a line through Ben Hunt until 2017. Bennent wants him and has offered him a fresh extension. We will either stick with Morts or go hard at DCE.
    The latter. Every single club will be throwing money at DCE though. Without Koukash I'd highly doubt we are any chance though, unfortunately

From what I have seen I rate Elgey as the best young half to come through this club. I watched Sandow come through colts with Mead and Elgey is better than him at the same age.

Blood him into the top grade and you have a winner
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

What about the fact he can't tackle? And is targeted to pop the ball out when carrying

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    What about the fact he can't tackle? And is targeted to pop the ball out when carrying
    You really think hes that bad? From what ive seen he seemed alright

Remember a bloke called Prince .......couldn't tackle a stuffed toy but did Everything possible on the footy field , a no7 isn't employed to tackle too often.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Tackling is purely an attitude thing, if you are taught effectiveness and apply determination u will be good enough.

Like I said he has shown enough for me to say he's someone worth investing in. The titans could do worse on the open market.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyone have any videos of Elgey playing? I must admit that I don't watch a lot of 20s games so I haven't seen him play much.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Anyone have any videos of Elgey playing? I must admit that I don't watch a lot of 20s games so I haven't seen him play much.
    I've watched him play every home game this year & have been critical of him especially when he dummies & try's to do too much on his own but u can say the quality of players around him forces his hand sometimes , some serious time playing Q Cup will do wonders for him
    #itaintweaktospeak