Page 95 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1799

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I guess if it's a chance to go back to Sydney then he may take what is out in front of him. I would hate to think that he would go to another club without fulfilling his contract here. Maybe if they let him go Henry may look at Zilly in the halves ??

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that worries me is that we will or may
    Not have Mini, Bailey, Sezer, Taka and Harro for next year but no signing for next year?
    But I would have thought that a player's dream is to play footy, so why sign with a club that you most likely will not play unless there is injuries/suspensions etc.

Yeah this bottom paragraph worries me. If we lose all of those players then we MUST look at serious recruitment. Don't just recruit washed up players either. We should be trying to get DCE or Hunt here.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    But I would have thought that a player's dream is to play footy, so why sign with a club that you most likely will not play unless there is injuries/suspensions etc.

Yeah this bottom paragraph worries me. If we lose all of those players then we MUST look at serious recruitment. Don't just recruit washed up players either. We should be trying to get DCE or Hunt here.
    Surely if we lost those 5 it would free up a lot of cash to allow for a couple of serious buying options. I would love to see us have a decent crack at Hunt.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Do they want Sezar has Morts replacement on the bench because there's zero chance of him getting a start in the halves
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think this is a red herring but stranger things have happened … maybe we'll see an exodus of the Cartwright clique but whatever happens we can't finish much worse than we already are so there could well be a hiatus while the new coach rebuilds and the club restructures.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Maybe Sezer just wants to improve as a footballer at a better club
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

If some players have tears and want to leave over Carty leaving,buy them a box of tissues as a going away present and terminate the contracts. Big brooms sweep crap better.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Maybe Sezer just wants to improve as a footballer at a better club
    He is making way for DCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    If some players have tears and want to leave over Carty leaving,buy them a box of tissues as a going away present and terminate the contracts. Big brooms sweep crap better.
    I agree with this sentiment 100%, but...

Players in any sport anywhere in the world have been doing this sort of thing since Adam was a boy. Get your manager to choose another team (in this case Easts), another sport (eg Rugby Union) or another country (eg England) and put pressure on your current team to increase the value they place upon your position.

The issue though for Sezer is that he isn't good enough to warrant us throwing the cheque book at. He can try and talk up his value to the club all he likes but at the end of the day until he shows that he can take charge and run this team he is just another one of our halves options.

HULL FC SET TO ANNOUNCE MARK MINICHIELLO SIGNING

SUPER LEAGUE club Hull FC are set to announce the signing of veteran back-rower and Titans foundation player Mark Minichiello.

The Hull Daily Mail reported that the club were on the verge of announcing “the signing of a second-rower with international experience from the NRL” within the next 24 hours.

RLW understands that the player is Minichiello, who was told by the Titans he is free to look around for other clubs.

Hull FC coach Lee Radford was a little coy but revealed that the signing was a major coup for the club.

“Hopefully we’ll have another back-rower over the line over the next 24 hours,” he told the Mail.

“He’s a very experienced international from the NRL. We’re fighting off a bit of competition from clubs over there, some very successful clubs over recent years.

“So if we get him, it’ll be a real major coup.”

- - - Updated - - -

John Cartwright’s departure leaves Luke Bailey’s career in limbo

FORMER Test prop Luke Bailey is fighting to save his career at the Titans after the resignation of foundation coach John Cartwright.

Bailey is keen to play beyond his 35th birthday next season, but the veteran enforcer is in limbo after a breakdown in contract talks over the past fortnight.

The popular prop’s management had been negotiating with Cartwright and Titans founder Michael Searle and were believed to have agreed to a 12-month extension.

The resignations of Cartwright and Searle last week has left another foundation pillar, Bailey, facing an uncertain future.

The 267-game veteran is prepared to take a pay cut to suit up for a remarkable 16th season next year, but his fate ultimately rests with Cartwright’s successor, probably caretaker Neil Henry.

“There’s obviously a lot of stuff going on so I don’t know what I’m doing,” Bailey said.

“I’m not being selfish, the club’s in a pretty tough situation. I’ll wait until it gets sorted out but the sooner the better.

“I was a bit shell-shocked (by Cartwright’s resignation), but I feel good. Nothing’s changed between now and the last couple of years with how I’m playing.

“I was given a bit of time to see how I felt. I’m just worrying about putting some good performances in.’'

Currently the Titans’ second most-capped player, Bailey will play his 149th club game against Manly this Sunday.

A new deal would put him on course to replace unwanted back-rower Mark Minichiello (169 games) as the longest serving Titan.

For the moment there are no guarantees, with manager Allan Gainey hoping Bailey will not be forced into retirement by the Coast’s next coach.

“I had been talking to Michael Searle and they had agreed they wanted to keep him,” Gainey said.

“I told them (Searle and Cartwright) what figures we were after and they said, ‘Yep give us time, we should be able to work with that’.

“Now the club has put a hold on everything until they have some clarity on a permanent coach.

“We’re assuming that will be Neil Henry and as soon as that decision has been made, I’ll be on the phone trying to wrap it up.

“(Bailey) is keen to go around again. Bull is the heart and soul of the Titans and there is a general understanding they will do their best to keep him.’’

Titans football manager Scott Clark said losing Bailey would be a crushing blow after the mid-season retirement of former Maroons lock Ashley Harrison.

“If it doesn’t work out that he’s not here next year it will be a major loss,” he said.

“He’s such a well-respected figure at this club. We’ll probably have a coach in place fairly soon and once that happens, hopefully we can sort out Luke’s future.’’

Farewell Mini. One of my favourites. Hull FC is a good club. Any there are spoils to be had there.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think our recruitment needs to focus on buying a big winger like vidot or tufua. I like out centres at the moment but could improve with a nrl class centre like Loko. And a hooker that is an 80minute player like jake friend or peats.

KFFL is as good if not better than vidot . Tafua is alright but wing is the last of this clubs problems
    Last edited by teke; 15-08-14 at 09:16 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

An 80 minute hooker please! I repeat that a look at the Hunters' 9 would be a start if we are short of cash but I feel we have several likely lads in our under grades … anybody want to offer some names apart from Irwin.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Deacon Fletcher and Jennan Wedderburn-Parrish are 80 minute hookers in NYC. Jennan is a class act.