Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    K2G thumbs down to hannant talk cos you dont want him? or dont beleive it?
    I didn't thumbs down anything here i don't think?? But i hope Hannant doesn't come here. Past his best, and there are plenty of better props off contract next year (2015):

Matthew White, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Leeson Ah Mau, Mitchell Allgood, Tyson Andrews, Adam Blair, Luke Burgess, Thomas Burgess, Remi Casty, Mike Cooper, Joel Edwards, Andy Fiagatusa, Mitch Garbutt, Tim Grant, Sam Kasiano, Brent Kite, Leilani Latu, Brenton Lawrence, Sam Lousi, Darcy Lussick, Jeff Lynch, Suaia Matagi, Ben Matulino, Josh McGuire, Sam McKendry, Jordan McLean, Trent Merrin, Dylan Napa, Bryan Norrie, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Rapira, Ligi Sao, David Shillington, Kade Snowden, Sam Tagataese, Peni Terepo, Paul Vaughan, Dayne Weston.

Any chance of getting Lawrence back?

I still think we need to be looking at centre options for 2015. Blair and Tighe are going to suffice, but they're ageing and we still need that strike.

Here are the options off contract end of this year

Matt Allwood, Kirisome Auva'a, Beau Champion, Gavin Cooper, Jordan Drew, Sosaia Feki, Kyle Feldt, Asipeli Fine, John Folau, Mahe Fonua, Yaw Kiti Glymin, Aaron Gray, Nathan Green, Justin Hodges, Hymel Hunt, George Jennings, Richard Kennar, Joey Leilua, Siuatonga Likiliki, Jack Littlejohn, Jake Mamo, Chanel Mata'utia, Tautau Moga, Wes Naiqama, Mosese Pangai, Api Pewhairangi, Curtis Rona, Jerome Ropati, Tony Santini, Timana Tahu, Brent Tate, Jorge Taufua, Bodene Thompson, Vai Toutai, Brayden Wiliame, Jonathan Wright, Matthew Wright, Isaah Yeo

The 4 i've highlighted are the players I'd go after. Young kids who want clog up the cap but have strong potential. Low risk type of purchases. Furthermore, these players will be stuck in a queue of centres at their current respective clubs.

We will still have Blair, Tighe and Taka on our books. Along with Roberts as an option there too. I guess another question which would rule this post out entirely is do we even need another? Meady's stake for fullback has opened up the option for Zillman in the centres as well (well hopefully).

Any names there that you guys would like to see us go after? Do we need one? Too early to tell?

Questions questions questions

Moga had huge wraps but injury has crueled his development, would think he comes at a cheap price and if he gets over the injuries could be a real good buy,

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    K2G thumbs down to hannant talk cos you dont want him? or dont beleive it?
    No, it was me. I haven't heard anything recently that really supports us making a claim for him and I think we would be better off investing in Ioane, Binge and resigning White.

Quote Originally Posted by a flash of gordon View Post
    No, it was me. I haven't heard anything recently that really supports us making a claim for him and I think we would be better off investing in Ioane, Binge and resigning White.
    Agree. Keep Whitey, Ioane and Binge. Then look to develope another prop down the track. That said having Hannant if does come here for a year or so would try and link the community as I think that he played for Burleigh. Also a poster boy and could be go for us off the paddock once he retires.

- - - Updated - - -

What about off contract Back rowers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Agree. Keep Whitey, Ioane and Binge. Then look to develope another prop down the track. That said having Hannant if does come here for a year or so would try and link the community as I think that he played for Burleigh. Also a poster boy and could be go for us off the paddock once he retires.

- - - Updated - - -

What about off contract Back rowers ?
    Sitaleki Akauola, Harlan Alaalatoa, Tim Browne, Jamie Buhrer, Lachlan Burr, Anthony Cherrington, Tom Eisenhuth, David Fa'alogo, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Jamal Fakir, Jarred Farlow, Jake Foster, Mitchell Frei, Tohu Harris, Bronson Harrison, James Hasson, Ryan Hoffman, Chris Houston, Matt Hyland, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Tom Kingston, Taniela Lasalo, Epalahame Lauaki, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Ben Lowe, Lorenzo Ma'Afu, Willie Mason, Willie Mataka, Sam Mataora, Will Matthews, Alex McKinnon, Mark Minichiello, Junior Moors, Tom Murphy, Clint Newton, Kyle O'Donnell, Cory Paterson, Joe Picker, Kevin Proctor, Matt Robinson, Tim Robinson, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Jack Siejka, Ashton Sims, Ben Smith, Tupou Sopoaga, Ricky Thorby, Vaipuna Tia Kilifi, Joseph Ualesi, Andrew Vela

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...#ixzz2yrj9ET5S

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Any names there that you guys would like to see us go after? Do we need one? Too early to tell?
    I agree that we are still 1 quality centre short. The problem is the amount of outside backs we already have on the books (Taka, Blair, Tighe, Mead, Gordon, Zillman, KFFL, Don, Liks, Roberts). I think we pretty much have to lose at least 1 or 2 players before we can waste cap space on another non-marquee outside back.

In a perfect world:

Sell: Zillman, KFFL, Tighe,
    Keep: Mead, Taka, Blair, Roberts, Gordon, Likiliki (could be good under a half decent coach)
    Sign (in order of preference): Moga, Loko, Rona

So yeah... I'd add Loko to the wish list HS, but Moga would be my ideal center signing. Both have a history of injury - but they're both still young with massive potential and will be good players for one team or another in the future.

Sign Ferguson, Moka and Loko chaps and lose Likiliki and KFFL if necessary but keep Tighe as he is starting to look like a Titan. Roberts, Blair, Tighe and Takairangi with Ferguson is good strength and others are depth. Zillman is not a real centre so everybody stop that ... he played a couple of games better than Michaels = so what? He is also not as good a wing as Don nor as good a FB as Mead so far.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sign Ferguson, Moka and Loko chaps and lose Likiliki and KFFL if necessary but keep Tighe as he is starting to look like a Titan. Roberts, Blair, Tighe and Takairangi with Ferguson is good strength and others are depth. Zillman is not a real centre so everybody stop that ... he played a couple of games better than Michaels = so what? He is also not as good a wing as Don nor as good a FB as Mead so far.

Agree with keeping Tighe he's starting to look good
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    keep Tighe as he is starting to look like a Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Agree with keeping Tighe he's starting to look good
    Tighe has certainly impressed me so far this season. A real trooper. But is he a better starting option in the centres than Taka, Blair or Moga, Loko or Fego if we snagged them? A better wing option than mead, roberts, don, gordon? He was a stop gap signing, and imo, is just too far behind in the queue to be worth investing in long term. I think with his age and injury risk, I'd rather see him go than say Likiliki who at least has age and size going for him. Also - We're kidding ourselves to even imagine the Titans moving Zillman on - so who do we let go?

Also, having good depth is ideally a great thing. But for a team who continually struggles to win comps, having good guys waiting in the wings for a spot in the 17, usually by way of injury to another squad member (because apparently pushing an under-performing incumbent out of this team is impossible) is dangerous. I'd rather we let go of Tighe now, than loose Blair or Taka (who offer so much utility wise) because they become viewed as depth players. Nature of the beast and all - but i think in the view of signing another centre, Tighe becomes surpless to requirements.

It's all academic as our recruitment policy is about as logical as drunk driving but I add to the debate that each year there will be some natural attrition plus we can only hold those who want to stay as contracts seem to be like toilet paper.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

TITANS TO SPLASH THE CASH

The top-of-the-table Gold Coast Titans will have significant space under the salary cap to target established players for next season.

The retirement at the end of this season of long-time Queensland State of Origin representative Ashley Harrison, combined with the early-season transfer of star player Jamal Idris to Penrith, is responsible for freeing up a lot of the space.

But there are also decisions yet to be made on several Titans players who are coming off contract at the end of the season.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley says it will be up to the coaching staff and football office management to identify potential recruitment targets in the coming weeks.

“We do have some capacity within the cap for 2015,” Annesley says.

“The coaches and management will be looking at who is coming off contract and available from other clubs. We also need to work out which players we are going to retain among those coming off contract here.”

The Titans recently exercised an option the club had on star halfback Albert Kelly’s contract for next season. It is likely that in the near future the club will begin negotiations to extend Kelly’s contract beyond 2015.

BY GREG PRICHARD

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans-splash-cash/

Moga making his return in NSW cup this week for Jets. Interesting to see how he goes.

The top-of-the-table Gold Coast Titans will have significant space under the salary cap to target established players for next season.

The retirement at the end of this season of long-time Queensland State of Origin representative Ashley Harrison, combined with the early-season transfer of star player Jamal Idris to Penrith, is responsible for freeing up a lot of the space.

But there are also decisions yet to be made on several Titans players who are coming off contract at the end of the season.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley says it will be up to the coaching staff and football office management to identify potential recruitment targets in the coming weeks.

“The coaches and management will be looking at who is coming off contract and available from other clubs. We also need to work out which players we are going to retain among those coming off contract here.”

The Titans recently exercised an option the club had on star halfback Albert Kelly’s contract for next season. It is likely that in the near future the club will begin negotiations to extend Kelly’s contract beyond 2015.

BY GREG PRICHARD

So is this article a precursor to some good signings ahead or is this a fishing exercise to see which players would bite? Y

BY GREG PRICHARD

Personally I would only go after a top class fullback, halves or hooker that become available.
    Shouldn't Glen Stewart be in the list of off contract back rowers?