Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

Very happy to see Falloon sign again. Strategically to have four quality hookers on your books is clever.
    The increased speed in the the ruck is going to see a increase of dummy half runs and more injuries to the hooker.(my theory is you have more chance of being injured when tackled especially in the middle patrolled by the big boppers)
    Even the best hookers in the comp are going to need back-up on the bench with the increased speed.
    I also think the best hookers (Smith, Farah, Luke et al) all are regular contributors to the kicking in general play and add variation in attack. Paul Carter has shown some promise with his kicking game and looks to have a bright future.
    Currently the way I rate our hookers is Srama, Falloon, Carter, Irwin. IMHO of course.

So now that Harro has announced his retirement do you think that we will see a Back Row Signing any time soon ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    So now that Harro has announced his retirement do you think that we will see a Back Row Signing any time soon ??
    Proctor may be announced before u know it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Proctors Out - Titans not signing him

Article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226875999845

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

Article:

Wants too much Cash , probably have to thank the Bulldogs & Fifita for quoting ridiculous figures for that
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Bird, harro, mini, Myles (when James given a look in), Carter, Taka...sorted in the short term.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

Article:

Do you believe everything you read in the papers. Very gullible hahaha

Another possible scenario.. The Titans maybe playing their cards right here by being patient.

If Proctor/Orr are asking too much, and Storm are having salary cap issues, and there's no ink on paper yet. We might get one more stab at it, and jag him at a reduced rate.

Quote Originally Posted by justin19 View Post
    Do you believe everything you read in the papers. Very gullible hahaha
    I'm not sure that he is worth playing games over to be honest. An ok player but no star and never likely to be. I would rather stick with what we have and develop what we have and sit tight until a genuine top notch comes on the scene. If Glen Stewart leaves Manly go for someone like him (might jag his brother as well but hopefully they will both stay). We need a top rung player or two, not just keep topping up with honest toilers.

yeah i think we are positioning ourselves well if we do want him for the right rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm not sure that he is worth playing games over to be honest. An ok player but no star and never likely to be. I would rather stick with what we have and develop what we have and sit tight until a genuine top notch comes on the scene. If Glen Stewart leaves Manly go for someone like him (might jag his brother as well but hopefully they will both stay). We need a top rung player or two, not just keep topping up with honest toilers.
    Oh god no. No Stewart brother please. Only players that I'd have wearing a Titans jersey would be DCE, Foran, Lawrence and Buher. Stewart Bros can go to Canberra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Oh god no. No Stewart brother please. Only players that I'd have wearing a Titans jersey would be DCE, Foran, Lawrence and Buher. Stewart Bros can go to Canberra.
    My point was moreso about going for top rung players if they come on to the market rather than yet another middle of the road player. I mentioned Stewart because Manly will have trouble retaining him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    My point was moreso about going for top rung players if they come on to the market rather than yet another middle of the road player. I mentioned Stewart because Manly will have trouble retaining him.
    Fair point. I agree about the point you make about the top players. I feel that we go after the top players but always come up short in the past 3-4 years. The concerning thing for me is that we lack the drawing power for the elite players and get no
    Look ins for them.

Sharks are apparently after Matt White according to the courier mail article on KG's 100th.

Also saw an article on karmichael hunt, in which Annesley said we would still show interest if he wanted to come back but he wasnt sure we could match other clubs for the $$$ (looks like third party agreements are gonna be the sealer)

On phone atm so can't post links but will edit and post them soon

Just read the karmichael article, I hope the Titans do the right thing and save their cash and invest is some talented juniors, hopefully invest in a mongrel for frf or 2rf. But would hate to see Matt White go, think him and the bull have been playing some good footy, showing the young fellas how dedication and the thirst to win is more valuable than any size and athletic ability.