Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Only thing i ask is what u mean exactly by Sezer facing a dark journey to smashing blokes? Do u mean you think he needs to, or u sense that it will happen regardless?
    Sezer has a defensive flaw from what I've seen. He is often caught out and we never seem to have someone minding him. Bird, Harrison, Ridge and Minichiello all have had a go but without great success so the first solution should be that he spends a large amount of the off-season working on that. The second part of that is the team's defensive structure built around shoring-up our left edge and our right side.

From my couch, I feel that teams either go around us or move us around then go through us and that's as much an issue as our lack of a potent offensive structure. I'll give cartwright something he seems to be able to get the team up at times. He may not be able to coach too well but the enthusiasm that the teams displays on their own goal line comes from somewhere but certainly not their structure.

I may as well add: how about the kicking game of our hookers being ramped up a notch or three and seeing I'm on a roll let's look at set plays and 5th tackle options too?
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-09-13 at 09:21 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah I've noticed Sezer stays in when the man sweeps behind and then the opposition either burn right through his gap, or others close it an we open up out wide then.

Alby was similar early on, but Jamal kept saving his ass.

Yep

Agree top post
    You were a coach in your former life !!!

Albert Kelly leads the nrl in missed tackles

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post

Probably because he defends in the line and has a tackling style which chops them without him holding them on the ground.

Would you leave Alby out? lol

..and the magic number is?

Not sure on my starting squad yet, but I definitely vote Titanic as Head Coach
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

He is also the 9th highest tackler in our whole squad, 1 tackle behind Bird.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

My team

1. David Mead
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Maurice Blair
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. Will Zillman
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Ryan James
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Nate Myles
    11. David Taylor
    12. Brad Takairangi
    13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Bailey
    15. Luke Douglas
    16. Ben Ridge
    17. Ashley Harrison/ Mark Minichello

18. Matt Srama
    19. Mark Ioane
    20. Matt White

Fullback
    1st Choice - David Mead, I'd go with Mead simply because he is superior in that position compared to Zillman and/or Rankin. Zillman, despite potential, is not our solution to fullback. I cannot understand why Cartwright goes with him over Mead. Mead is faster, more elusive, and has a good link up with Gordon. The only thing Mead is yet to offer is ball playing ability, but if Cartwright can work on that then we'll have one of the best fullbacks in the comp.
    2nd Choice - Will Zillman, Zillman offers great cover up for Mead, but I'd personally stick him on the wing. Just doesn't do it for me, doesn't support, ball playing is okay, but simply is not quick enough, nor does he offer any defensive safety.
    3rd Choice - Marmin Barba, although he is a half, his brother, who played at 6 all his life turned into a superstar, and I can see Marmin doing the same. Very elusive, and great ball playing skills, just a bit small, but definitely deserves a shot in first grade.
    4th Choice - Jordan Rankin, don't like him as a player, offers very little, and is bad in defence.

Left Wing
    1st Choice - The obvious choice at left wing is Kevin Gordon, possibly had his best year in 2013, and was probably the best winger in the whole comp, especially in the back half of the season. His speed is coming back, in the air he is awesome, and can finish in spectacular form. An absolutely great player, and I'm glad we have him.

2nd Choice - Sioutonga Likiliki, I hope I've got that right. Likiliki is a left centre, but can play wing as well. He is big, strong and very similar to Hurrell. And if Blair fails us at centre, I suggest moving Likiliki there.

3rd Choice - Steve Michaels - Defensively he is quite good, attacking wise, he is very very bad. Cannot hold a ball, and is not a good finisher, when we pick him I get very worried.

Left Centre
    1st Choice - Maurice Blair, we bought Blair for a reason, and that is because Takairangi simply isn't a centre. Blair has been outstanding at the Storm this year, and hopefully can recoup that form for next year. Hits a hole very well, and defensively is sound. I hope he's out solution.

2nd Choice - Sioutonga Likiliki, looks like a great prospect with a great future, again like I said as a winger, he is big and strong.

Right Centre
    1st Choice - Jamal Idris, last year, I though Jamal was a terrible buy. This year, I have been so damn happy with his form, he has been without a doubt, the best Titan for this year. Strong, powerful, defensively awesome. Idris is worth the money, and I love him.

2nd Choice - Only if Jamal is injured would I play Zillman at right centre.

Right Wing
    1st Choice - Will Zillman, at wing in 2010, Zillman was very good, and I thought he played exceptionally, hopefully he can bring back that form from 2010.

2nd Choice - Anthony Don, Don's debut year has been that of a roller coaster, as of late he's been quite good, Round 26 and 25 have been very good displays from Don. He offers little in defense, but is great in the air and can run quite quickly. His defense will only improve.

3rd Choice - Mark O'Dare, am yet to see much of O'Dare. Saw him play in the trial game against the Warriors earlier this year, and he looked very good, I was definitely impressed with him.

Five-Eighth

1st Choice - Aidan Sezer, Sezer has had a great year this year, and without him we've performed poorly. Great long kicking game, and I can see 2014 being a great year for Aidan.

2nd Choice - Beau Henry, Henry played well in the one game we had him for, similar to Sezer, good kicking game.

Half Back
    1st Choice - Albert Kelly, Kelly has had a great year this year, once him and Jamal start their little thing they had this year, we'll again be a formidable attacking side.

2nd Choice - Marmin Barba, very similar to Kelly, great ball skills, and very elusive and quick.

3rd Choice - Christian Hazard, haven't seen him play, but have heard good things.

Hooker
    1st Choice - Beau Falloon, Falloon has been outstanding this back half of the year, if he can develop a kicking game over the off season, Falloon will be one of the prime hookers next season.

2nd Choice - Matt Srama, Srama is a good hooker, but is inferior to that of Falloon. He just isn't as agressive, nor does he do much dummy half running, possibly playing on the reserves, not sure, for me he's 18th man.

Front Row Pairing

My starting front row would be Ryan James and Nate Myles. James is a very aggressive and running front rower, similar to that of a JWH or Kasiano. But can play big minutes and can make a lot of tackles. He is going to play for Australia very soon. Myles hasn't had a great year this year, and I've personally been dissapointed with him. But I believe he can come back to form next year. Great work rate.

Back Row
    My back row would consist of Dave Taylor on the left, and Brad Takairangi on the right. I can see Taylor doing exactly what Idris has done since coming to the Titans. His first season hasn't been great, but his second season will be outstanding. He has been playing great lately, and hopefully will continue that form into next year. Takairangi isn't a centre; he is very big and strong, and offers some X-Factor on that right side with Jamal and Kelly. I'd play him on the right and give him 50-60 minutes.

Lock
    Greg Bird. Bird has been one of the Titans best this year, his early season form was out standing. Get that Blonde hair back!!! But in all seriousness, he is a much better choice than Harrison. Bird is not only aggressive, he has a great work rate, is very tough and has great ball skills. The perfect lock IMO, and I see him playing there next year.

Reserves
    Luke Bailey, Luke Douglas, Ben Ridge and Harrison/Minichello - Bailey, in hopefully his last season, isn't as good as his past years. But still offers a lot in chasing kicks, and defense. Douglas reminds me a lot of James Graham, comes off the bench and plays big minutes, great work rate and just needs to be more agressive. Ridge, I can see him rotating between Lock and Second Row, playing 20-40 minutes. Harrison, just not that great of a player, offers very little except in defense. Minichello, great running player, defense is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans Riley View Post
    My team

1. David Mead
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Maurice Blair
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. Will Zillman
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Ryan James
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Nate Myles
    11. David Taylor
    12. Brad Takairangi
    13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Bailey
    15. Luke Douglas
    16. Ben Ridge

18. Matt Srama
    19. Mark Ioane
    20. Matt White

Fullback
    1st Choice - David Mead, I'd go with Mead simply because he is superior in that position compared to Zillman and/or Rankin. Zillman, despite potential, is not our solution to fullback. I cannot understand why Cartwright goes with him over Mead. Mead is faster, more elusive, and has a good link up with Gordon. The only thing Mead is yet to offer is ball playing ability, but if Cartwright can work on that then we'll have one of the best fullbacks in the comp.
    2nd Choice - Will Zillman, Zillman offers great cover up for Mead, but I'd personally stick him on the wing. Just doesn't do it for me, doesn't support, ball playing is okay, but simply is not quick enough, nor does he offer any defensive safety.
    3rd Choice - Marmin Barba, although he is a half, his brother, who played at 6 all his life turned into a superstar, and I can see Marmin doing the same. Very elusive, and great ball playing skills, just a bit small, but definitely deserves a shot in first grade.
    4th Choice - Jordan Rankin, don't like him as a player, offers very little, and is bad in defence.

Left Wing
    1st Choice - The obvious choice at left wing is Kevin Gordon, possibly had his best year in 2013, and was probably the best winger in the whole comp, especially in the back half of the season. His speed is coming back, in the air he is awesome, and can finish in spectacular form. An absolutely great player, and I'm glad we have him.

2nd Choice - Sioutonga Likiliki, I hope I've got that right. Likiliki is a left centre, but can play wing as well. He is big, strong and very similar to Hurrell. And if Blair fails us at centre, I suggest moving Likiliki there.

3rd Choice - Steve Michaels - Defensively he is quite good, attacking wise, he is very very bad. Cannot hold a ball, and is not a good finisher, when we pick him I get very worried.

Left Centre
    1st Choice - Maurice Blair, we bought Blair for a reason, and that is because Takairangi simply isn't a centre. Blair has been outstanding at the Storm this year, and hopefully can recoup that form for next year. Hits a hole very well, and defensively is sound. I hope he's out solution.

2nd Choice - Sioutonga Likiliki, looks like a great prospect with a great future, again like I said as a winger, he is big and strong.

Right Centre
    1st Choice - Jamal Idris, last year, I though Jamal was a terrible buy. This year, I have been so damn happy with his form, he has been without a doubt, the best Titan for this year. Strong, powerful, defensively awesome. Idris is worth the money, and I love him.

2nd Choice - Only if Jamal is injured would I play Zillman at right centre.

Right Wing
    1st Choice - Will Zillman, at wing in 2010, Zillman was very good, and I thought he played exceptionally, hopefully he can bring back that form from 2010.

2nd Choice - Anthony Don, Don's debut year has been that of a roller coaster, as of late he's been quite good, Round 26 and 25 have been very good displays from Don. He offers little in defense, but is great in the air and can run quite quickly. His defense will only improve.

3rd Choice - Mark O'Dare, am yet to see much of O'Dare. Saw him play in the trial game against the Warriors earlier this year, and he looked very good, I was definitely impressed with him.

Five-Eighth

1st Choice - Aidan Sezer, Sezer has had a great year this year, and without him we've performed poorly. Great long kicking game, and I can see 2014 being a great year for Aidan.

2nd Choice - Beau Henry, Henry played well in the one game we had him for, similar to Sezer, good kicking game.

Half Back
    1st Choice - Albert Kelly, Kelly has had a great year this year, once him and Jamal start their little thing they had this year, we'll again be a formidable attacking side.

2nd Choice - Marmin Barba, very similar to Kelly, great ball skills, and very elusive and quick.

3rd Choice - Christian Hazard, haven't seen him play, but have heard good things.

Hooker
    1st Choice - Beau Falloon, Falloon has been outstanding this back half of the year, if he can develop a kicking game over the off season, Falloon will be one of the prime hookers next season.

2nd Choice - Matt Srama, Srama is a good hooker, but is inferior to that of Falloon. He just isn't as agressive, nor does he do much dummy half running, possibly playing on the reserves, not sure, for me he's 18th man.

Front Row Pairing

My starting front row would be Ryan James and Nate Myles. James is a very aggressive and running front rower, similar to that of a JWH or Kasiano. But can play big minutes and can make a lot of tackles. He is going to play for Australia very soon. Myles hasn't had a great year this year, and I've personally been dissapointed with him. But I believe he can come back to form next year. Great work rate.

Back Row
    My back row would consist of Dave Taylor on the left, and Brad Takairangi on the right. I can see Taylor doing exactly what Idris has done since coming to the Titans. His first season hasn't been great, but his second season will be outstanding. He has been playing great lately, and hopefully will continue that form into next year. Takairangi isn't a centre; he is very big and strong, and offers some X-Factor on that right side with Jamal and Kelly. I'd play him on the right and give him 50-60 minutes.

Lock
    Greg Bird. Bird has been one of the Titans best this year, his early season form was out standing. Get that Blonde hair back!!! But in all seriousness, he is a much better choice than Harrison. Bird is not only aggressive, he has a great work rate, is very tough and has great ball skills. The perfect lock IMO, and I see him playing there next year.

Reserves
    Luke Bailey, Luke Douglas, Ben Ridge and Harrison/Minichello - Bailey, in hopefully his last season, isn't as good as his past years. But still offers a lot in chasing kicks, and defense. Douglas reminds me a lot of James Graham, comes off the bench and plays big minutes, great work rate and just needs to be more agressive. Ridge, I can see him rotating between Lock and Second Row, playing 20-40 minutes. Harrison, just not that great of a player, offers very little except in defense. Minichello, great running player, defense is a worry.

Great first post.

welcome to the forum,
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans Riley View Post
    My team

1. David Mead
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Maurice Blair
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. Will Zillman
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Ryan James
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Nate Myles
    11. David Taylor
    12. Brad Takairangi
    13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Bailey
    15. Luke Douglas
    16. Ben Ridge

18. Matt Srama
    19. Mark Ioane
    20. Matt White

Takairangi isn't a centre; he is very big and strong, and offers some X-Factor on that right side with Jamal and Kelly. I'd play him on the right and give him 50-60 minutes.
    I like this team, and almost everything you have said. I've never been 100% with Taka at centre but he does look strong and aggressive and has something good to offer from second row.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Great first post.

welcome to the forum,
    Agreed. Top way to join the forum.

Nice read Riley, you named a few players that won't be here next yr but welcome
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes a great post

I think you might be Titanics assistant

I definately like Taylor and James starting
    and Falloon has shown he has the goods as the 9 and can play the 80

I would imagine Srama commanded the 9 money when he recontracted and Falloon has overtaken him in terms of his aggression and skills that said they will have to play the two in rotation as they dont pay good dollars for a hooker to be on the fringe

Man i hate hearing this talk about young Srama.

I totally understand what you are saying based on current form, but is there not one coach in this total shamble of a club that can take this kid and develop a kicking game, and get him to "Step Up" to the next level required?

I am not talking about first grade, because he is good enough for that, i am speaking about becoming a superstar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Nice read Riley, you named a few players that won't be here next yr but welcome
    Who won't be here from his 17 next year??