Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Whether you prefer Falloon or Srama, do we still need the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Whether you prefer Falloon or Srama, do we still need the rotation?
    never have needed it
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

1. Mead
    2. Gordon
    3. Zillman
    4. Idris
    5. Likiliki
    6. Kelly
    7. Sezer
    8. Myles
    9. Falloon
    10. James
    11. Taylor
    12. Harrison
    13. Bird

14. Douglas
    15. Takairangi
    16. Ridge
    17. Srama/Blair

18. Bailey
    19. Ioane
    19. Minichiello

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Mead
    Gordon
    Idris
    Zillman
    Likiliki
    Kelly
    Sezar
    James
    Falloon
    Myles
    Taylor
    Taka
    BIRD

Douglas
    Ridge
    Bailey
    Srama

Harro
    White
    Mini

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    never have needed it
    OK, I'll trust your knowledge on the subject, but I asked the question early in the season, and was told it was a fitness/maturity thing, about neither being 80 minute players.

Either way, I was very happy with what Srama was producing, and wanted him to play the 80min, but tbh, I'm leaning towards Falloon on the back of his grind over the last few weeks.

I was talking to Titan Pete about it, and he has a word for it (you'd have to ask him!) but I see so much of the gritty old school hooker with the smarts of the modern game player, that he just seems to be exactly what we need. I would still be happy with Srama, who has done so much when we really needed it, but why carry 2 hookers in the 17 if we can settle on one? And wouldn't it be better for the team to get used to a certain style of play from our #9?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, I'll trust your knowledge on the subject, but I asked the question early in the season, and was told it was a fitness/maturity thing, about neither being 80 minute players.

Either way, I was very happy with what Srama was producing, and wanted him to play the 80min, but tbh, I'm leaning towards Falloon on the back of his grind over the last few weeks.

I was talking to Titan Pete about it, and he has a word for it (you'd have to ask him!) but I see so much of the gritty old school hooker with the smarts of the modern game player, that he just seems to be exactly what we need. I would still be happy with Srama, who has done so much when we really needed it, but why carry 2 hookers in the 17 if we can settle on one? And wouldn't it be better for the team to get used to a certain style of play from our #9?
    i don't really have any knowledge I just think it wasn't necessary. There were games throughout the yr where it came in handy but with a squad that is getting better i think it will be a waste to have a hooker on the bench taking up a spot
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

C whiz, I think falloon is a better option at the moment.

I Didnt mind the two hookers, as we have a fairly fit and mobile back row, but I think using size with James ,Douglas , DT, white etc seems to work better for us, so maybe one hooker and more big guys.

What does everyone think of the 3 centre rotation?

That's an innovation I can see McGuire and Bellamy copying...

I think Falloon offered more this year seemed to play alot more aggressive, the whole 2 hooker things juts goes to show what type of coach we have.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Mead
    Gordon
    Blair
    Idris
    Don
    Sezer
    Kelly
    James
    Falloon
    Douglas
    Taylor
    Myles
    Bird

Takarangi
    Ridge
    Bailey
    Ioane
    White
    Zillman

Coach Henry/Taylor/Walters/Green ??? :P
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

My 17

1. Mead
    2. Gordon
    3. M Blair (5/8 & Hooker Backup)
    4. Idris
    5. Zillman
    6. Sezer
    7. A Kelly
    8. James
    9. Falloon/Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Taylor
    13. Myles

14. Bailey
    15. White
    16. Minichello
    17. Takarangi ( Second Row / Centre Backup) OR Harrison (Second Row / 5/8 & Hooker Backup)

All the successful teams seem to be able to pull some punch off the bench ... the obvious one is Taylor but I think he should start, so who can provide that? Certainly not Srama who has been great but hasn't developed the way Falloon has, so my vote would be with Falloon as our 9.

(1) Then we have our props to cover 160 minutes so let's start with the options:

James offers punch (on his day) but how many minutes should we expect? 60 is my opinion.
    Douglas was a 60 minute player until Cartwright got hold of him.
    White is a 40 minute player used as 20.
    Bailey is past it, imho, and can only be a 20.
    Myles is either a 40 minute prop or 60 minute backrow.
    Ioane is a 20 minute learner.

My vote is start with James/Douglas and rotate White/Bailey as required.

(2) Backrow. Bird is our 13 and demands 80 minutes, end of story unless busted so that leaves 180 backrow minutes to cover. Myles I've mentioned as a 60 but needs to produce the 2012 version not the 2013 or he goes to QCup. Taylor must start and we should get a mature 60 from him. So what can we get off the bench? Hitman Ridge for 30 and maybe a running Minichiello for 30. That leaves 60 minute tackling machine Harrison floating out of the picture and what to do with the ever-improving x-factor Takairangi?

My vote would be start with Taylor (left), Myles (right) and Bird (13) with Ridge on the bench with Takairangi pinch-hitting the backrow, hooker or anywhere else without having to shuffle the team

(3) Half's (because they are halfbacks not two halves as people like to call them)

Irrespective of their numbers Sezer calls it and Kelly supports it, therefore Sezer at 7 and Kelly at 6 ... c'mon shout me down.

(4) Right centre: Surely nobody will question Idris on the right. I prefer the defence of James, Myles, Idris, Kelly with Bird hanging around the zone. Taylor can get over there in attack whenever he pleases.

(5) Left centre: Our problem child position for so long will disappear with Blair (covered by) Taylor, Sezer (whose off-season will be a dark journey down the pathway to smashing blokes), Douglas and Bird. We bought him as a left centre and he should start at least until he is proven a turnstyle or somebody else moves him out.

(6) Wingmen: Gordon gets left and Don gets right ... both stay on their man and the rest of their defensive unit adjust to the attack. Zillman should not get anywhere near the 1 jersey ever again but is fast and evasive enough for the wing in a pinch.

(7) Fullback: Teke gets this because he has coveted it forever. If he is unavailable then Mead should take it. Zillman in the background somewhere.

(8) Others: sorry for Srama, Harrison, Ioane, Dowling, Rankin and Minichiello who could feature at any moment. Not sorry for Zillman, Michaels, Rankin or Atkins who with the others provide depth. Don't know about Likiliki and the other new faces.

So my team would be:

1. Mead
    2. Gordon
    3. Blair
    4. Idris
    5. Don
    6. Kelly
    7. Sezer
    8. Douglas
    9. Falloon
    10. James
    11. Taylor
    12. Myles
    13. Bird (c)

14. White
    15. Bailey
    16. Ridge
    17. Takairangi
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-09-13 at 11:14 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Without injury the rotation should be

James(45) / Bailey(35)
    Douglas(40) / White(40)
    Taylor (50) / Mini (30)

Bird(65), Myles(65) / Taka (30)

Bird can move to lock when myles is off the field

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    All the successful teams seem to be able to pull some punch off the bench ... the obvious one is Taylor but I think he should start, so who can provide that? Certainly not Srama who has been great but hasn't developed the way Falloon has, so my vote would be with Falloon as our 9.

(1) Then we have our props to cover 160 minutes so let's start with the options:

James offers punch (on his day) but how many minutes should we expect? 60 is my opinion.
    Douglas was a 60 minute player until Cartwright got hold of him.
    White is a 40 minute player used as 20.
    Bailey is past it, imho, and can only be a 20.
    Myles is either a 40 minute prop or 60 minute backrow.
    Ioane is a 20 minute learner.

My vote is start with James/Douglas and rotate White/Bailey as required.

(2) Backrow. Bird is our 13 and demands 80 minutes, end of story unless busted so that leaves 180 backrow minutes to cover. Myles I've mentioned as a 60 but needs to produce the 2012 version not the 2013 or he goes to QCup. Taylor must start and we should get a mature 60 from him. So what can we get off the bench? Hitman Ridge for 30 and maybe a running Minichiello for 30. That leaves 60 minute tackling machine Harrison floating out of the picture and what to do with the ever-improving x-factor Takairangi?

My vote would be start with Taylor (left), Myles (right) and Bird (13) with Ridge on the bench with Takairangi pinch-hitting the backrow, hooker or anywhere else without having to shuffle the team

(3) Half's (because they are halfbacks not two halves as people like to call them)

Irrespective of their numbers Sezer calls it and Kelly supports it, therefore Sezer at 7 and Kelly at 6 ... c'mon shout me down.

(4) Right centre: Surely nobody will question Idris on the right. I prefer the defence of James, Myles, Idris, Kelly with Bird hanging around the zone. Taylor can get over there in attack whenever he pleases.

(5) Left centre: Our problem child position for so long will disappear with Blair (covered by) Taylor, Sezer (whose off-season will be a dark journey down the pathway to smashing blokes), Douglas and Bird. We bought him as a left centre and he should start at least until he is proven a turnstyle or somebody else moves him out.

(6) Wingmen: Gordon gets left and Don gets right ... both stay on their man and the rest of their defensive unit adjust to the attack. Zillman should not get anywhere near the 1 jersey ever again but is fast and evasive enough for the wing in a pinch.

(7) Fullback: Teke gets this because he has coveted it forever. If he is unavailable then Mead should take it. Zillman in the background somewhere.

(8) Others: sorry for Srama, Harrison, Ioane, Dowling, Rankin and Minichiello who could feature at any moment. Not sorry for Zillman, Michaels, Rankin or Atkins who with the others provide depth. Don't know about Likiliki and the other new faces.

So my team would be:

1. Mead
    2. Gordon
    3. Blair
    4. Idris
    5. Don
    6. Kelly
    7. Sezer
    8. Douglas
    9. Falloon
    10. James
    11. Taylor
    12. Myles
    13. Bird (c)

14. White
    15. Bailey
    16. Ridge
    17. Takairangi
    I love all of this.
    Only thing i ask is what u mean exactly by Sezer facing a dark journey to smashing blokes? Do u mean you think he needs to, or u sense that it will happen regardless?

A top post. U could be a coach in a former life.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I love all of this.
    Only thing i ask is what u mean exactly by Sezer facing a dark journey to smashing blokes? Do u mean you think he needs to, or u sense that it will happen regardless?

A top post. U could be a coach in a former life.
    Yep great post, if only I had the like button on here. Its on the new layout